Patch 7.3.5

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Re: Patch 7.3.5

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:Always happy to help :)
I think it may just be an oversight. Due to their still being pets that in incorrect families, it doesn't look like they're done yet.
Yeah, I don't see any reason for the other colors not to be tameable when the red one is. It isn't a rarity thing, since they are more Legion-type rare elites that respawn really quickly, and many of those have been tameable.

Since new Qiraji mounts are off-the-table, the next best thing is a cool new Silithid pet. Which I still appreciate, to be clear. Just a bit puzzled and disappointed with the mounts!
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

As am I. I'm hoping that they'll change their minds and make them a permanent mount rather than just a temporary one that lasts for a couple of days.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:As am I. I'm hoping that they'll change their minds and make them a permanent mount rather than just a temporary one that lasts for a couple of days.
Still can't fathom rewarding Black Battle Tank owners with another unique mounts more than a decade down the line.

TBC Gladiators don't get treated nearly as generously and they arguably did far more to earn it.

Blah - blah-dee-blah.

Maybe they become permanent mounts in BfA or another pre-BfA patch, but for now, I'm a bit grumpy over it, as I figure anyone would be if their favorite old mount creature got updated and then turned into a gift to Scarab Lords and a temporary reward for a micro-event most people probably won't ever bother to do.

At least I can hopefully get a black silithid pet.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Today's PTR build has not added any new beasts (as far as I can see) nor made any changes, such as making the three elite Silithid tamable.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:Today's PTR build has not added any new beasts (as far as I can see) nor made any changes, such as making the three elite Silithid tamable.
They seem to be rushing this patch out the door, either to get it out before Call of the Scarab (now my most-hated ingame event haha), or so they can rush the alpha or beta for BfA up at full capacity.

Starting to get a bit concerned that either they won't end up tameable intentionally, or they're plain not making them tameable.

Which would make this quite a sour patch for me.

Thanks as always for your investigative work, Valnaaros!

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I see it being a mix of them wanting to get it out before Call of the Scarab and wanting to get plenty of stuff out to testers prior to the Holidays.

Happy to help, Qraljar :)
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Valnaaros wrote:Today's PTR build has not added any new beasts (as far as I can see) nor made any changes, such as making the three elite Silithid tamable.
It did however, add a new icon:

I wonder if we'll get "Void Beast" as a new pet family.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Aye, I noticed that. It's possible that we might, though we would need much more than just Voidstalkers to make a proper family. Some may think of Void Hounds, but they are Demons, not beasts corrupted by the Void or originating from the Void.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Huh. That icon is an interesting find. It would seem odd for them to create a void beast family with only one current candidate, unless they're planning to create a whole range of void versions of various beasts. Maybe it would be like spirit beasts, but shadowy : void stalkers, wolves (which already exist!), cats, etc.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

That'd be interesting if that is what they're planning.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

So there's some way to tell that it's for hunter pets, rather than a mini-pet?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

GormanGhaste wrote:So there's some way to tell that it's for hunter pets, rather than a mini-pet?
The file name might give away its primary purpose, but that hasn't been given yet. But even if it was for a minipet it could still easily be intended for multiple purposes.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

What Wain said. Wowhead hasn't posted the file name yet, and Mmo-C hasn't gotten around to posting about yesterday's build due to there being issues with their servers.
Last edited by Valnaaros on Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've tried to determine the file name but I've failed to guess it so far. :/
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Still can't guess it. Tried ~20 000 possible combos :P
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Wain wrote:Huh. That icon is an interesting find. It would seem odd for them to create a void beast family with only one current candidate
Yeah cause Blizzard has never created a lone family before!! :roll: *coughshalespiderscough* :lol:
Sorry couldn't help myself

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I think what Wain means is that the only candidate for a Void Beast family are the Voidstalkers, which only have one skin variant. Shale Spiders at least have a few colors to them.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

zedxrgal wrote:
Wain wrote:Huh. That icon is an interesting find. It would seem odd for them to create a void beast family with only one current candidate
Yeah cause Blizzard has never created a lone family before!! :roll: *coughshalespiderscough* :lol:
Sorry couldn't help myself
True :) Though at least there were four, very cute colours.

Incidentally, did anyone mention that there are "Curious Voidstalker"s on Wowhead, listed as Beasts?
https://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=126604/curious-voidstalker
https://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=132400/curious-voidstalker
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Also,
https://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=132676/voidstalker (this one has the title <Umbral Ranger's Pet> so it's probably part of the void elf faction).
https://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=131072/voidstalker
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I noticed them and have been actively searching for them in every possible place, and haven't found anything. Most likely they would be someplace where the Void has a presence or there is something that Void-related. I have searched Mac'Aree, Netherstorm, Oshu'gan, Shadowmoon Valley, Mana Tombs, Shadowmoon Burial Grounds, certain areas of Talador and Terokkar, and Highmountain. Nothing :/ Either it is stealthed or it is spawned by a certain mechanic. A doubt the latter a bit, since if this is meant to be a way for other races to tame a Voidstalker, then it probably wouldn't be hidden behind a mechanic (I would think, at least).