Patch 7.3.5

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Re: Patch 7.3.5

Unread post by Novikova »

That seems pretty dumb. There's not a lot of them, and it's not fair because most of them got it due to a position in guild. It wasn't something you could do alone, and it was really, really easy to screw someone out of Scarab Lord (which did happen on some realms).

Man, I need to desalt. >_> I'm being petty.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Novikova wrote:That seems pretty dumb. There's not a lot of them, and it's not fair because most of them got it due to a position in guild. It wasn't something you could do alone, and it was really, really easy to screw someone out of Scarab Lord (which did happen on some realms).

Man, I need to desalt. >_> I'm being petty.
Don't forget that the majority of the people still playing (in all likelihood) are WotLK Scarab Lords, and so they did outdated content (Scepter of the Shifting Sands questline) while overgearing and overleveling it on new servers that "accidentally" opened with the gates still closed. Blizzard never bothered to take those away, yet now Blizzard feels those people who didn't really work for it either should be rewarded for it and get a bonus mount as well?
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

I was one of those folks who got boned with OG Scarab Lord, though I couldn't afford to "make it up" during Wrath so I still have nothing to show for it. Oh well.

I was so, so excited about the new leveling system. I've had two alts "stuck" at 70 for months now, and recently rerolled my hunter on Scarlet Crusade, who was 48 or 49 when the patch hit today.

Oh my goodness, it's like everything is Antorus trash/Greater Invasion World Boss levels of HP bloated. I have 6-7k hp on my 49 hunter, the harpies and other mobs in northern Feralas have 7.5-10k, my damage is SIGNIFICANTLY lower than pre-patch (possibly due to armor scaling? Dire Frenzy was hitting for ~500 a tick pre-patch in Thousand Needles/Tanaris and ~250-300 a tick on these harpies), and every 1v1 fight takes 20-30 seconds... and I'm an experienced player with full heirlooms. More HP was a good thing that probably needed to happen, but this is ridiculous. I kill things in ESO (as a super casual who doesn't know how to really play the game) faster than I kill things in WoW now :(

My only hope is that, like Broken Isles, mobs won't actually scale with me once I hit 50 and I'll slowly gain an edge over them until I log out. I haven't deflated this fast from my pre-patch hopes and dreams since the HFC patch that killed competitive raiding ranged survival :(
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Original Scarab Lords had to receive a lot of help to get there before anyone else, it was a big group effort to elevate just one person in their guild. The rest got nothing. The entire design was the epitome of elitism, rather than reward for individual effort. The WotLK Scarab Lords did it solo with little effort at all, exploiting the fact that new servers were created with the gates closed. I fail to see how either group deserves another reward after all these years. This seems to be poorly thought out.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Has anyone seen an Albino Umbralfin on Live?

I sat killing the regular Umbralfins for probably 3 hours today and none spawned.
Sonam
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Sonam »

Myzou wrote:Has anyone seen an Albino Umbralfin on Live?

I sat killing the regular Umbralfins for probably 3 hours today and none spawned.
Yeah, I warped over to the furthest Northwest teleport (Shadowguard something, where you went with Alleria) and there was one spawned just a bit northwest of that.
Sarynotsorry
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Sarynotsorry »

Myzou wrote:Has anyone seen an Albino Umbralfin on Live?

Yup I’ve seen a bunch. As much as I hate to say it, your easier option may just to be to hop in groups for mac’aree rares and invasions.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

The original Scarab Lords were a result of poor Vanilla design. There really was no other option than to have just one person be selected to ring the Gong. Something like this would never happen in today's WoW, mainly because it would be received so poorly.

Wrath Scarab Lords are a bit different. There were some that soloed it, but there were also a few big groups that would work together so that dozens would be able to ring the Gong. The latter case, imo, is deserving of the mount.

@Myzou I have seen it. It'll either be around the area where Ataxon spawns or where Sabuul spawns.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Wain wrote:Original Scarab Lords had to receive a lot of help to get there before anyone else, it was a big group effort to elevate just one person in their guild. The rest got nothing. The entire design was the epitome of elitism, rather than reward for individual effort. The WotLK Scarab Lords did it solo with little effort at all, exploiting the fact that new servers were created with the gates closed. I fail to see how either group deserves another reward after all these years. This seems to be poorly thought out.
I haven't chimed in on this topic, because I flat out didn't believe they would actually do such a silly thing. I thought they had gotten away from this elitist mindset for the game. I'm also flabbergasted that most people seem to be okay with it. Maybe they are new to the game and don't realize what a group effort Scarab Lord was.

Can I just have a plain jane earthy brown version? A silithid mount that isn't candy-colored? :) Well, I'm still grateful for my archy mount.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

GormanGhaste wrote:
Wain wrote:Original Scarab Lords had to receive a lot of help to get there before anyone else, it was a big group effort to elevate just one person in their guild. The rest got nothing. The entire design was the epitome of elitism, rather than reward for individual effort. The WotLK Scarab Lords did it solo with little effort at all, exploiting the fact that new servers were created with the gates closed. I fail to see how either group deserves another reward after all these years. This seems to be poorly thought out.
I haven't chimed in on this topic, because I flat out didn't believe they would actually do such a silly thing. I thought they had gotten away from this elitist mindset for the game. I'm also flabbergasted that most people seem to be okay with it. Maybe they are new to the game and don't realize what a group effort Scarab Lord was.

Can I just have a plain jane earthy brown version? A silithid mount that isn't candy-colored? :) Well, I'm still grateful for my archy mount.
That's actually why I like the black one the most. I have the archaeology one, but the black one is the most down to earth color.

mpd_84
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by mpd_84 »

I was able to tame a level 18 Evalcharr with a level 16 hunter (it started at level 16 to my 14, stayed 16 when I hit 15, then bumped up to 18 after I ran a dungeon and leveled). Looks like the new zone scaling is gonna make stuff really weird.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

mpd_84 wrote:I was able to tame a level 18 Evalcharr with a level 16 hunter (it started at level 16 to my 14, stayed 16 when I hit 15, then bumped up to 18 after I ran a dungeon and leveled). Looks like the new zone scaling is gonna make stuff really weird.
It is going to make things a bit weird for new players, or players starting new hunters after 7.3.5, because the behaviour is unexpected. And once players get used to it, it will seem inconsistent that you can no longer tame +2 level creatures when you reach higher-level content, even though it scales. There’s a logic to it, but only if you consider what’s going on in the code and not the game world. Players will hopefully get used to it, though. I’ll write up a page once I get back.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Could someone with a low-level Hunter please test out a rare spider called Shadowstalker in Tirisfal Glades?
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=50763/shadowstalker

Someone on Twitter claimed they couldn’t tame that one, though admittedly they tested toward the end of the PTR and not live. It’s one of those +1 or +2 level rares. Thanks :)
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Saw they added a bug fix build to the PTR so I decided to hop on the PTR to check if maybe anything had changed pet wise in Silithus.

The three rare elites are still not marked tameable, and the scorpidspider and exotic vulture are still a scorpidspider and exotic vulture.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I know they have a lot on their plate. I completely understand that. But what I don't understand is why they won't fix the misclassified pets and make the Silithids tamable. I wouldn't think that it would be very hard :/
Sarynotsorry
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Sarynotsorry »

Valnaaros wrote:I know they have a lot on their plate. I completely understand that. But what I don't understand is why they won't fix the misclassified pets and make the Silithids tamable. I wouldn't think that it would be very hard :/
Sadly it’s just not currently a priority. Supposedly one of their engineers compressed some data in an attempt to make the game run better on 32 but systems, which basically just broke everything so they’re re-doing the entire patch tomorrow.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:I know they have a lot on their plate. I completely understand that. But what I don't understand is why they won't fix the misclassified pets and make the Silithids tamable. I wouldn't think that it would be very hard :/
They rushed the patch out the door, so now they're stuck with huge issues. Tbh, I don't think they'll ever look at these mobs again, so the best shot at being able to tame anything other than the red one is if they add new common mobs in other areas later on.

Guess that's just how it goes when you're a hunter and your favorite pet is not a cat. :P

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I know it isn't one now, but they had several opportunities during the patch cycle to fix these things and make them tamable. There were a few builds in a row where they would add new tamable beasts, like the Albino Umbralfin and Elusive Chitinbuk. If they can add these, surely they can fix/change others that they added. Oh well.

I wouldn't be surprised if we return to Silithus for a dungeon/raid, similar to what they did with Kara and ToV.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:I know it isn't one now, but they had several opportunities during the patch cycle to fix these things and make them tamable. There were a few builds in a row where they would add new tamable beasts, like the Albino Umbralfin and Elusive Chitinbuk. If they can add these, surely they can fix/change others that they added. Oh well.

I wouldn't be surprised if we return to Silithus for a dungeon/raid, similar to what they did with Kara and ToV.
They could. Maybe they're intentionally not tameable, but I find that hard to believe because the red ones are, and the other animals around that area aren't fixed either.

But at this point, getting in touch with Blizzard is near impossible, and I don't know who the new guy in charge of hunter pet stuff after Muffinus is.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Qraljar wrote: But at this point, getting in touch with Blizzard is near impossible, and I don't know who the new guy in charge of hunter pet stuff after Muffinus is.
I admit I’m no longer sure, too. The last time I tried to contact the guy who had taken over I didn’t hear back, so I’m unsure what the situation is, or if anyone specific is involved or if it’s now just whoever.