Panthara problems

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Panthara problems

Unread post by Teigan »

I finally farmed up another 4 pieces of talbuk to take yet another run at taming a panthara. I have horrible luck. I followed the directions to the letter and wasted all four pieces. This is driving me insane. When panthara first came out, I got one of my first try. Every single attempt since then has failed. I do not know what I'm doing wrong! I could cry.

Help?

I camo, sneak up behind it, freeze trap, feign, throw meat on the panthara and hit tame. Except throwing the meat makes it aggro on me. Why?? I tried waiting until after I threw the meat to feign, but that didn't work either.

Edit: It matters if the panthara is targeted when you throw the meat, doesn't it? Cause this time it worked and I don't think I paid attention to that before. Maybe add that to the directions if that's been other people's experience with the matter?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Panthara problems

Unread post by Wain »

That’s terrible it was so much wasted effort :( At the time I had a feeling that targeting had an effect but others weren’t so convinced. I’m glad you finally got one!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Sarynotsorry
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Sarynotsorry »

Teigan wrote:I finally farmed up another 4 pieces of talbuk to take yet another run at taming a panthara. I have horrible luck. I followed the directions to the letter and wasted all four pieces. This is driving me insane. When panthara first came out, I got one of my first try. Every single attempt since then has failed. I do not know what I'm doing wrong! I could cry.

Help?

I camo, sneak up behind it, freeze trap, feign, throw meat on the panthara and hit tame. Except throwing the meat makes it aggro on me. Why?? I tried waiting until after I threw the meat to feign, but that didn't work either.

Edit: It matters if the panthara is targeted when you throw the meat, doesn't it? Cause this time it worked and I don't think I paid attention to that before. Maybe add that to the directions if that's been other people's experience with the matter?
My guess is that because the tame window is so very narrow with these guys, you were simply missing it by not having the panthara already targeted before you threw the meat. So glad you got one though!!
Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Is it still affected if trinkets proc? I recall some theorizing early on that that was messing up some tames. The two times I've been successful at taming panthara, I made sure to remove my trinkets, just to be safe.