Stable Smoking Pets?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Stable Smoking Pets?

Unread post by Xella »

This is a bit of a weird one for me. So, I'm leveling a new Horde hunter to replace my previous one (who was a tauren, and whose name will be used for my new HM tauren monk once that's a thing I can do). She's going to be slightly themed around a D&D podcast I've been listening to for the past yearish since that's where her name comes from, and I'd like to do what I can to theme her pets as well. Some of them are obvious to me, but others are less so.

Anyway, actual question: are there any pets with a smokey effect other than Terrorpene (who might not even smoke, now that I'm thinking about it? I've never seen him in the wild, much less tamed him on my main hunter) and whose smoke effect is NOT based on an unstable taming method (where the effect might drop from stabling/restabling/timewalking/BGs (ha, likely)/etc.)? I suppose the mechanical spiders might have some exhaust, and anything else that's likely to be common would be a spirit beast, but that's fine. I can't think of any others at the moment, though—anyone else have any better brainwaves?
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: Stable Smoking Pets?

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I know this is no help at all, but your title made me think of horses sneaking a toke behind the hay barn :)
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Terrorpene does let off smoke quite visibly! He would be the best contender I'd say.

Other than him...hmm, there's the Corpse Scarabs which I think have a trailing black effect still....not quite smoke, but I believe it's a stable effect. http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id= ... bskinblack

I can't think of anything else aside from maybe fire pets like Core Hounds, the scorpion, or the iron horde wolf?
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Oh, what about that armored rylak?
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

GormanGhaste wrote:I know this is no help at all, but your title made me think of horses sneaking a toke behind the hay barn :)
rofl, the perils of words with multiple meanings (all of which get used frequently here, haha)!

If Terrorpene smokes he may be the best option as I can't think of any other character names to use on a turtle anyway. Getting him will be a major pain, but the baby hunter is only level 24 right now so there's time yet, lol :P The Corpse Scarabs are unique and I like them a lot, but it's not very smoke-like and it's definitely gotta be smoke (or crystal; if the red shale spider was a little bit pinker it'd be no question... though that is a bit morbid, lol)

Bad news re: the armored rylak: I just checked it and it doesn't actually smoke (it has a little tuft of flame on it, but no smoke). Good news, though: I actually like the way it looks (at least in size comparison to my NE hunter at 110) more than I remember liking the unarmored rylaks, so I may end up picking one up at some point regardless.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

See, now I did a double take reading this...

"stable smoking pets" huh. I didn't know that cigarette smoking was a problem with hunter pets. I guess keeping them stabled as encouragement to quit might be good XD

But anyway, I'd suggest Terrorpene as well. And he probably won't be that hard to get these days since he isn't new anymore. I frequently see him up. So, spirits up, you'll get him! :)