WoW Petopia Community

A fun place to chat about hunter pets in the World of Warcraft.
Visit the Petopia homepage Petopia Homepage
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Forum Rules: Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete rules.




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:02 pm 
Offline
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:00 pm
Posts: 55
Realm: Exodar
Gender: Male
Im Really excited to Tame Void Stalkers :headbang:. Tho Where are my grubs i need to tame them. I will do anything to get grubs tameable. Sry for getting of topic. Honestly im excited for Void Stalkers i hope there more colors like a white foggy one. Tho what im WAY to excited for allied races i hope they come early for like pre purchasing the game maybe.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:48 pm 
Online
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Posts: 3243
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male
If Void Stalkers are just a family for the Voidstalkers, then only one possible variant could fit. If they were included in the Warpstalker family, then Blizz could make different variants (Fel, Arcane, Light, etc).

Allied Races will most likely be a pre order bonus. Early access to them, much like they did with DHs.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:02 pm 
Offline
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:00 pm
Posts: 55
Realm: Exodar
Gender: Male
Valnaaros wrote:
If Void Stalkers are just a family for the Voidstalkers, then only one possible variant could fit. If they were included in the Warpstalker family, then Blizz could make different variants (Fel, Arcane, Light, etc).

Allied Races will most likely be a pre order bonus. Early access to them, much like they did with DHs.


Yes you are definitely right but the void stalker thing might be different.

Maybe different colors of void?

But Allied Races You are super right with the races i want to play with are lightforged draenei,void elfs,zandilari trolls [sry for misspell] and nightborne


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:07 pm 
Offline
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:43 am
Posts: 517
Location: Lost in the Appearance Tab. Send help!
Realm: Proudmoore
Gender: Male
This is very intriguing. Still seems a wee bit redundant to give them their own family when there's only one creature in the entire game that would belong in said family.

Maybe they're restructuring Warpstalkers, similar to what they did with Rodents, as others in this thread have suggested.

_________________

Image


Follow me on Twitter!



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:07 am
Posts: 4
Realm: Twisting Nether -Vashj
Gender: Gril
@Valnaaros yea I read that as well (I know they wouldn’t allow starter hunters a spirit beast) I was likening unique pet to unique pet. I honestly don’t see them doing that as someone mentioned there’d be uproar, but it could happen I suppose. I do remember there were mana sabres under suramar that indentified as cats but those were hotfixed soon after. I wish they would give Nightbourne something else as having mana sabres be cats as well as spirit beast somewhat lessens their “specialness”.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:34 pm 
Online
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Posts: 3243
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male
@Ickabob It's possible, but I just can't think of what beasts the Warpstalkers could fit with. They are a unique species of giant lizards capable of using the Arcane (or Void) to phase in and out of reality, as well as to blink.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:00 am 
Offline
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:16 pm
Posts: 1023
Realm: Proudmoore
Valnaaros wrote:
@Ickabob It's possible, but I just can't think of what beasts the Warpstalkers could fit with. They are a unique species of giant lizards capable of using the Arcane (or Void) to phase in and out of reality, as well as to blink.


Scalehides?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:04 am 
Offline
The Insane
The Insane
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Posts: 11074
Gender: Male
There are more iguana-type lizards coming in Legion that they could fit with, from purely physical criteria. Of course we don't know if those lizards have the same special powers as warp and void stalkers, and they probably don't.

_________________
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:28 am 
Online
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Posts: 3243
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male
Scalehides are reptiles, but they do not have the ability to utilize and traverse the Arcane and Void.

@Wain Aye, that's true. We won't know until we get to see them for ourselves.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:12 am 
Offline
 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:05 am
Posts: 4867
There is no reason for them to let warpies keep the abilities that made them warpies. They have been moving towards completely cookie cutter pets, and this wouldn't surprise me. All they do anymore is slow time, anyway. There are plenty of cases of wild animals with special abilities who lose them when tamed.

_________________

Image


Flight Rising Lair



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:28 pm 
Online
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Posts: 3243
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male
Mechanically, that is true, but it shouldn't be that way. Hopefully Blizz will give unique abilities back to pet families in BfA. Lore wise, warp stalkers still have those abilities.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:31 pm
Posts: 40
Realm: Dentarg
Gender: Male
Wain wrote:
According to MMO-Champion, “Void Stalker” has been added as a creature family in 7.3.5. I assume this is to facilitate taming by hunters but I haven’t got on to check yet.


It's possible this could be like the Hook Wasp family or the Manasaber families where it's just a temp name and instead of merging families like Hook Wasps into the wasp family and Manasabers into spirit beast's that the Voidstalkers will become Void Beast and add not only Voidstalkers but Void Hounds like the Occuthar boss in Baradin Hold, Felstalkers/Felhounds as they are feral bestial like demons? Hunters did track down Hakkar the Houndmaster treating it like hunting a regular animal.

Would be nice, esp if we get more void/demonic infused pets like maybe the Fleshbeasts are void manipulation of flesh that failed perhaps? Etc?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:04 pm 
Online
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Posts: 3243
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male
That could be the case. As of right now, there is only one beast listed as being in the Voidstalker family, and that is the Voidstalker, which is the one that VEs start with.

Personally, I doubt we'll be getting tamable Felstalkers/Felhounds for the sole reason of them already being a Warlock minion. Besides that, they generally have to be enslaved in order to make them serve. From what I can recall from the Hunter Campaign, we never actually tame them or anything. We study them and find out that they are largely immune to magical and physical attacks, so we craft weapons that are capable of killing them, but we never try to befriend them.

Lorewise, Void Hounds are a demon with an insatiable hunger for both flesh and magic, which a single handler could not fulfill. Yes, we kill a lot of things, but not enough to sate a Void Hound. And as seen in Dire Maul, it takes a great deal of magic to bind one, and as soon as it breaks free, it begins massacring.

Fleshbeasts are too much of an abomination to be something a Hunter would tame, imo. They are beings summoned from the Void (as seen in various places in WoW and from a Shadow Priest spell), and constantly want to kill and infect other beings with their spawn.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:02 am 
Offline
 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:05 am
Posts: 4867
Jacobzuk wrote:
Wain wrote:
According to MMO-Champion, “Void Stalker” has been added as a creature family in 7.3.5. I assume this is to facilitate taming by hunters but I haven’t got on to check yet.


It's possible this could be like the Hook Wasp family or the Manasaber families where it's just a temp name and instead of merging families like Hook Wasps into the wasp family and Manasabers into spirit beast's that the Voidstalkers will become Void Beast and add not only Voidstalkers but Void Hounds like the Occuthar boss in Baradin Hold, Felstalkers/Felhounds as they are feral bestial like demons? Hunters did track down Hakkar the Houndmaster treating it like hunting a regular animal.

Would be nice, esp if we get more void/demonic infused pets like maybe the Fleshbeasts are void manipulation of flesh that failed perhaps? Etc?


Hm. Taming felhounds. That reminds me of something. When I first started playing, I knew nothing about WoW, or even the Warcraft universe. I didn't know about warlocks and their familiars. Since I started with a hunter, I thought only hunters had pets and hadn't noticed warlocks existed. So I thought demons were somehow tameable, since people had them as pets. I was completely freaked out by felhounds, which I now think are kinda cute, and was horrified that someone would tame something like that on purpose. And I wondered for some time where they found them to tame them. Yeah. I was so, so, so noobish. XD

_________________

Image


Flight Rising Lair



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:31 pm
Posts: 40
Realm: Dentarg
Gender: Male
Valnaaros wrote:
That could be the case. As of right now, there is only one beast listed as being in the Voidstalker family, and that is the Voidstalker, which is the one that VEs start with.

Personally, I doubt we'll be getting tamable Felstalkers/Felhounds for the sole reason of them already being a Warlock minion. Besides that, they generally have to be enslaved in order to make them serve. From what I can recall from the Hunter Campaign, we never actually tame them or anything. We study them and find out that they are largely immune to magical and physical attacks, so we craft weapons that are capable of killing them, but we never try to befriend them.

Lorewise, Void Hounds are a demon with an insatiable hunger for both flesh and magic, which a single handler could not fulfill. Yes, we kill a lot of things, but not enough to sate a Void Hound. And as seen in Dire Maul, it takes a great deal of magic to bind one, and as soon as it breaks free, it begins massacring.

Fleshbeasts are too much of an abomination to be something a Hunter would tame, imo. They are beings summoned from the Void (as seen in various places in WoW and from a Shadow Priest spell), and constantly want to kill and infect other beings with their spawn.


Never said tried to tame them during the Hakkar Houndmaster part but that maybe we could eventually tame the feral demons I mean come on not all of the are entirely demons, some are animals tainted and malformed as demons. Remember the Dark Hounds from Tirisfal Glades? Chromaggus was dragonkin right? And with Void Beasts, the possibilities are endless with Void Tainted like the Voidstalkers or voidborne like a Fleshbeast would be voidborne, born through the Void's attempt at creating flesh and bone. We could get wacky shit like Rick and Morty level.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:01 pm 
Online
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:16 pm
Posts: 3243
Realm: Shadow Council
Gender: Male
There aren't really Feral Demons. Felhunters and Felhounds are demons, whereas beasts like the Fel Wolf of Tanaan are beasts tainted by fel magic, but are not actually demons.

The Dark Hounds are wolves that were heavily tainted/augmented by dark magic. Chrommagus is largely an unknown, since we only know a bit of what he really is, other than he contains samples from all of the Dragonflights and possibly could be a result of an experiment of mixing dragon and core hound dna (doesn't make him a dragon).

A void tainted beast, like Gara and the Voidstalker, are one thing. But things like Fleshbeasts are, imo, going too far out of the Hunter's realm and into that of other classes. Besides, Fleshbeasts aren't exactly something you want around, due to them infecting their prey with their spawn, thus creating more.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:21 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 6855
Location: My chair
Realm: US - Ysera
Gender: Female playing males and females
I'm inclined to agree with Val on pretty much all of the above. I wouldn't mind seeing legit void creatures, but demons and demonic beasts are a warlock's forte. They do look cool though, I'll give you that. And I'm not gonna deny that the many-eyed core hound demon thing is appealing. :)

_________________

Image


Signature and avatar created by Serenith!


Dragon Cave!


Slickrock wrote:
Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Amyliz, Dewclaw and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group