Questions from a Return Player about Feathermanes

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Questions from a Return Player about Feathermanes

Unread post by Astratia »

After returning for nearly two years, I've found it's possible to tame the beautiful Feathermane Family.

However, to tame these beasts, a 'Tome of the Hybrid Beast' is required. This didn't look like a simple task, and requires a handful of achievements.

I would like to ask if the current petopia guide on how to tame Feathermanes is current and up to date. I read from a source that I lost, that a requirement was no longer needed. I want to say that was Breaching the Wild, but uncertain.

Looks like getting one of these beauties will be very grindy...

Art Credit to Lupin Dark Wolf

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Questions from a Return Player about Feathermanes

Unread post by Valnaaros »

First, you have to have at least one rank in Concordance of Legionfall on Titanstrike, which requires you to fill all of the ranks of all of the other traits. This is very easy to do since you get so much AP now.

Second, you have to complete the Hunter campaign, which is also very easy to do. This will allow you to complete the Broken Shore campaign, which unlocks your class mount and allows you to buy the tome you mentioned.

Once you have done both of these things, you'll be able to tame Feathermanes:)
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

To slightly expand on Valnaaros' explanation on AP, you get enough AP from the Hunter Campaign that, at level 110, you WILL have at least 10 points in Concordance on one weapon. Try to hold off on the campaign until then, because the AP rewards are absurdly huge. On my alts, one AP token from an Argus rare kill (1.5 billion, let's say) puts my level 1 weapon with no traits to level 50 or so. That's a lot of points instantly. It's an amazing catch up mechanic.

As for the Hunter Campaign, it's actually the most tedious of the classes' campaigns since you have to collect stuff, but it is definitely the shortest one with the least challenge. Make sure you save your Blood of Sargeras drops, because I think you need a few for this campaign.
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Zoruaronan »

I have a Question too. Do you need to get flying to get the book? I have been ignoring feathermanes cuz why would want one when you can get a rylak and now im wondering if you just need to do the hunter campaign and do not need flying?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

You don't need flying. Just need to have one point in Concordance, to complete the Hunter campaign, and the Broken Shore campaign + mount quest :)
Adori
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by Adori »

After seeing the list of requirements, I've completed Breaching the Tomb on my mage, Anyone know if i have to complete it again on my hunter?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yes, you do. To get all of the class mounts, you have to complete the Broken Shore campaign on every class.
Adori
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by Adori »

Ok, Thank you!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

You're welcome :(