Pet Level Question

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Peri

Pet Level Question

Unread post by Peri »

So I made a new hunter to try out the new leveling system. I hit lvl 15 and was coming from Eastvale Logging camp, and thought hey I think I'll go tame Bush-tail, foxes are a favorite of mine. So I go to where he spawns, and he spawns almost immediately, right on top of me. I set off the tame, and then looked and saw he was lvl 17! I'm thinking oh crap, when the tame continues, completes and now he is lvl 15 same as me.

Does this mean that the tame is still based on the original level of the pet? And how frustrating is this going to be??

Thanks for any thoughts.
Peri

Re: Pet Level Question

Unread post by Peri »

Just read the pet level post - LOL so I guess it is now the new norm uggg but at least I got my tame :)
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Zoruaronan »

i tried it as well and im happy they did this just imagine finding louqe and taming him at level 80 while your level 77 thats awesome and i thank blizz for this

ALSO It works with normal beast as well
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

(didn't want to start up a new thread so I'm piggybacking off of this one)

I have to say, I'm really enjoying this new scaling system when it comes to taming. :) I've been running around on my new Nightborne hunter and it's a great feeling to enter a zone and know you can tame everything in it once you step in.

I have a Winterspring tiger at level 40! It's great. :D