Pandaria rares vs DH spectral sight

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
n0proxy
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Pandaria rares vs DH spectral sight

Unread post by n0proxy »

While I know that you must use a hunter's flare to 'reveal' any of the Pandaria rare tames that you have to track via footprints in order to properly click on the beast and tame/attack it, does a demon hunter's spectral sight at least SEE these rares from a distance? Or even simply get a glow around the footprints to help you pick up the trail?
vriiska
Realm: steamwheedle cartel US

Re: Pandaria rares vs DH spectral sight

Unread post by vriiska »

Howdy, I was curious too and seems the answer is no.

So I logged onto my Demon Hunter and checked if bombyx was up. I know his path fairly well, and did not spot any "tracks" he leaves behind or him.

Then went on my hunter to be double sure he was up. I spot his "tracks" and I did find him and freezed trapped him. I switched to my DH that was nearby and could not see him. I made sure I wasn't in a sharded version, as switching I could see my DH still standing around to logg and and things I killed on it were also visible to both characters to be sure. Switching back to my Hunter Bombyx was still in the area but despite it all. I was not able to see it via Spectral sight and its tracks at all. =/