Void Stalkers

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Void Stalkers

Unread post by Maizou »

Am I the only one annoyed these are currently restricted to *new* Void Elves only?

I can understand them being Void Elf only, due to the nature of the beast, (even if I think there shouldn't be race-exclusive tames), but if you race change to Void Elf, you can't get one either.

Does anyone else think this is a bit much and should be fixed?
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Re: Void Stalkers

Unread post by Zoruaronan »

Yes They should make some kind a book for arganite. or a quest line to learn how to tame them.
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I did the quest on my Shaman, but wonder if I'd gone on my hunter, if the beast ones in the void would have been tamable...

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Hyperbeast
Realm: Misha

Unread post by Hyperbeast »

Unfortunately they were not... I Beast Lore them just incase, but came up Cannot Tame :(
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

ahh, darn, but also good to know I didn't shoot myself in the foot and miss the opportunity.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

I think they should remain Void Elf only due to most every other creature is tamable by hunters so let them have their one special pet would I like to tame one on my main hunter of course but if they did let any hunter tame them we would see millions running around instead of a select few.
Ikult
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (horde); Moon Guard (alli)

Unread post by Ikult »

Same difference: I've been desperately trying to find the plain Cat version of the Spirit Beast Manasabre that Nightborne Hunters start with, with no luck. Perhaps one might be added later on.

Personally, the obsessive collector in me is slightly annoyed. But, I also think it's a lovely, non-game-breaking treat the Allied Races get to have, too. I mean, I remember specifically making a Goblin Hunter because she could tame a specific colour-changing raptor that only Goblins could get on their starting island.

This isn't a new idea. A bit annoying to see it again, but at the same time it's great incentive to level a new hunter (for me, anyways).
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

I feel like they should at least change it so any VE hunter can tame them, new or racechanged. I don't mind only VEs being able to tame that specific a pet because it makes sense, really. Just not for only the new ones to be able to do it.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I'm ok with it being Void Elf only, I think . Mostly. But I agree that race changed Void Elves should be able to tame one. However....if Blizz is really going to be a stickler about this, they would have to make it so that VEs who just changed to get a voidstalker, or those who start VE and change, would lose the pet if they changed to another race, since that's a way a non-VE could have one. A very expensive way, but, a way.
Dysphoria
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Dysphoria »

I don't like the idea that only a certain race can tame a certain pet. I mean, the last time this was a thing was with mechanical pets being gnome only and Blizzard implemented a way for other races to be able to tame them.

I stated waaaaaay back that I wish the Aberration Warpstalkers were flagged as beasts so they could be tamed, and now Blizz has finally done it, they're VE only. I hope that's just for now and they open it up SOON!

The other thing to consider is what if you create a new VE, abandon your default pet and then want it back later? There has to be a way you can get it back in game and I suspect the easiest way fro Blizz to do this is simply change Aberration Warpstalkers to beasts, globally.
Neptr
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Neptr »

I opened up a ticket to try and ask about this but they are so busy this week that I just got an automated response (I opened the ticket under achievement category because there was no category for this). I reopened the ticket and am waiting for an official response to this. I had a human hunter, I couldn't remember my old e-mail or account name/bnet handle so I just made a new account and decided to try a human hunter for legion when I moved to Moon Guard. Not really a big fan of the human male models in the game, really not a big fan of the mail armour transmogs compared to any other armour type but that's a different topic. So I changed my race to void elves because I really miss playing horde and I've always loved the female blood elf models. Female velf and male and female nelf, always thought these were the best by far.

When I saw that they have a void warp-stalker by default I was really hyped until I logged in and realized I don't have one because I did a race change and there are no tameable ones yet. I'm really hoping that this is something they are going to fix very soon because honestly it really does look like they rushed 7.3.5 out before it was "ready" just to meet deadlines. Compared to any other patch in recent memory 7.3.5 is by far the worst as far as bugs and complaints go. Content-wise it's very satisfying because of the new leveling and the new allied races but overall it really feels unfinished compared to other patches in Legion.

If they decide to start introducing race-specific pets I will understand, though I don't know if I will be a big fan of it, I can understand there being unique pets that have a connection to a specific race (the void warp stalkers having an affinity for the void elves). As a rule though I would like to keep everything balanced between races and factions and not start some kind of heritage armour-like pet thing going on.

My prediction is they will make a static spawn void warp-stalker pet somewhere for void elves just like they did for the new panthaara in argus and it might take them a week or 2 to get it set up because they had to rush 7.3.5 out before they were ready and everything has just been so chaotic for the game devs lately.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

As far as I can tell, everything in regards to pets was ready. There were 5+ builds after the final group of tamable pets were added. If they were planning on adding more during the ptr cycle, they had the time. Them not adding a tamable Voidstalker for VEs that race change may have been a conscious decision, or possibly an oversight. I'm for there being race exclusives, but I agree that they should add a tamable version for VEs somewhere in the Rift.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

$30 says we'll see them somewhere in BFA. Just a short period of only Void elves having them. Though, the idea of having super special starter pets, even if it was just coloration, for hunters is kinda neat.
For the longest time, I thought Tauren had a unique color plainstrider and I thought that was pretty neat. But then I remembered there was one of that color in Darkshore XD

Siggy under construction!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I do suspect that we'll see them later in the expansion as well, just because it's unusual for a pet to be so restricted like that. It would be fun to keep them special for now though during the pre-order phase.
Sarynotsorry
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Sarynotsorry »

Vephriel wrote:I do suspect that we'll see them later in the expansion as well, just because it's unusual for a pet to be so restricted like that. It would be fun to keep them special for now though during the pre-order phase.
I think this will be the case too. I hope so!
Sarynotsorry
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

I am foolishly hoping that the hotfix today will add tameable voidstalkers, at least to the void elf area. (I’m sure they won’t though haha.) I’ve had a name picked out for one for months!
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Where would be a good spot for them, do you think? Other than the void elf area, of course. Probably Mac'Aree, since there are aberration ones there. Maybe do something like the fel wolves of Draenor? Though if they are meant just for VE, adding them just to their zone would be sufficient.
Sarynotsorry
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Teigan wrote:Where would be a good spot for them, do you think? Other than the void elf area, of course. Probably Mac'Aree, since there are aberration ones there. Maybe do something like the fel wolves of Draenor? Though if they are meant just for VE, adding them just to their zone would be sufficient.

I checked the VE area as well as mac’aree. Didn’t see anything so far (but didn’t really expect to).
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

There aren't any others. The only tamable Voidstalker is the one that VEs start with. But if they intend on making them unique to VEs, then they would just need to add one to the Rift for race-changed VEs to get. If not, then probably the Void section of Mac'Aree.
Sarynotsorry
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Valnaaros wrote:There aren't any others. The only tamable Voidstalker is the one that VEs start with. But if they intend on making them unique to VEs, then they would just need to add one to the Rift for race-changed VEs to get. If not, then probably the Void section of Mac'Aree.
Not sure if you read the posts but we were wondering if they’d added one with the hotfix todsy. And then concluded that they hadn’t. So your post didn’t really bring anything to the discussion ;)