Having problems with a certain rare.

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Grodbert

Having problems with a certain rare.

Unread post by Grodbert »

As soon as I hit level 41, I went out into the easter plaguelands to get Fene-Mal, he is just too beautiful not to get, I want to make him my main pet, problem being: I've been hunting him for 2 days with no avail, this is how it goes: I go to his spawn location near blackwood lake, I kill all NPCs around, I fly out of the EPL and then come back to repeat the process for hours on end until I get too tired.
I'm starting to believe that there is something fundamentally wrong with how I am hunting him, it worked with Ashtail and Nix at loch modan, so why is it not working here?
I asked this in the wow forums and they replied to just go afk there and wait for him to spawn, is it true that I can just do that?
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Re: Having problems with a certain rare.

Unread post by Teigan »

You don't need to leave the area or kill all the mobs, but it's something to do while you wait. Well, except the leaving the area part. Don't do that. Stay there and keep your eyes open. It's possible you missed him on one of your trips back and forth, especially if you are on a populated server. Also, remember to look up. He's a rare and will spawn on his own eventually. I don't know his spawn timer, but it could be several hours or more. Older rares are not like the new "rares". Just be patient, and best of luck to you. You'll get him! :)
Last edited by Teigan on Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grodbert

Re: Having problems with a certain rare.

Unread post by Grodbert »

Teigan wrote:You don't need to leave the area or kill all the mobs, but it's something to do while you wait. Well, except the leaving the area part. Don't do that. Stay there and keep your eyes open. He's a rare and will spawn on his own eventually. Just be patient, and best of luck to you :)
I'm so glad I asked, both forums just told me to wait and that's what I'm doing now.