WoW Petopia Community

A fun place to chat about hunter pets in the World of Warcraft.
Visit the Petopia homepage Petopia Homepage
It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum Rules: Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete rules.

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:34 am 
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Realm: Kilrogg
So I was running Ruins of Ahn'qiraj on my main, and I was clearing trash on the way to Buru, gathering up a few packs of Silithids and using Barrage. You know, typical soloing routine.

But as I started to make my way over to the packs on the other side of the ramp, I noticed something odd about one of the dead Silithids.

See, the Hive'zara Sandstalkers have the ability to burrow into the ground and reappear seconds later, and will repeat this every 20 seconds or so until it's killed or tamed. Since I was able to damage it with Barrage, this means that the Sandstalker was not truly underground, and was merely stealthed or invisible. However, the corpse had no buff or debuff on it, and the transparency didn't fade from the corpse, lasting until it despawned.

The Sandstalker in the screenshot had been dead for about 30 seconds before I took it.

This means that the Sandstalker either has some sort of hidden cosmetic aura/buff, or that it gains actual model transparency (in addition to stealth/invisibility) until it reappears. To my knowledge, though, one-shotting a stealthed/invisible enemy will cause the corpse to be fully visible.

I also found that the Sandstalkers are "kiteable" while invisible. When they burrow, they briefly teleport to a different spot, usually behind you within melee range, and will pursue you if you run away. They seem to only reappear once they reach you and start attacking again.

I tried to run AQ20 on another Hunter alt, and attempted to time my taming cast so that it would end as soon as the Sandstalker turned invisible. However, as soon as it teleported, I recieved an "Invalid Target" message. Any sooner and I tamed the Silithid normally.

Have I accidentally stumbled upon a "new" tameable skin? Perhaps there is a way to tame this supposedly transparent Silithid?

I'll report back if I find any additional information. Until then folks, let's see if we can solve this!

~Slapperfish >*)))>{

(Seriously though, what is it with all these crazy discoveries I keep finding in Silithus?)

Attachments:
WoWScrnShot_031418_145154.jpg [248.23 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

Jezpalimu, 90 Troll Hunter & Kent, 90 Human Hunter
"So many pets, so little tame..."
YouTubedA
3DS Friend Code: 4484-9232-5620

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:42 pm 
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Realm: Ner'zhul (US)
They are visible with DH's spectral sight. I could not see it when I invised on my mage, and it stayed hidden for several seconds after I dropped combat. IIRC, if your mage is invisible, it can see other invisible things. Flare didn't work, so it's not stealthed either (I even had 2 different elixirs to boost stealth detection + hidden tracking). So unless there's an item that grants spectral sight to non-DH, I'm out of ideas. Or if you can somehow make tame beast practically instant, and you can cast it in the second (or less?) that it's fading.

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:42 am 
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Realm: Emerald Dream (US)
Five times now with perfect timing on the tame. It literally teleports on the exact frame the tame happens (the tamed pet teleports!). Attempting to time this on the frame of stealth application results in a broken tame.

No stealth buff after tame. I am legitimately frame perfect (it is a LOT more frustrating than it seems). Spent an hour in AQ20. Tried an invisibility detection pot. Tried Skaggldrynk (after feigning directly after burrow). Flare. Nothing reveals. Immune to frost trap placed on teleport location. I've reached at every straw.

99.9% certain obtaining this with said cosmetic is impossible. Taunting it while stealthed does not reveal it (tried on DH). Nothing else you can do.

Prove me wrong. Would like to see it.

Edit: Managed to be even more frame-perfect and have the tame end AS it teleports literally a minute after posting. Now I'm 200% certain it's impossible (unless there's an item I didn't think of). Teleport, then tame, no stealth. Nada. Nope.

Decided to compare the NPC's stealth to our pet's stealth (actually detectable) for S&Gs

tl;dr: dummy is likely just unattackable, which is why tame will break if ends at the same frame as stealth application. Just a guess here, didn't look into what other spells have this flag because lazy af.
But the kicker is to compare the stealth values.
GOOD LORD. No wonder we can't use jack to see it.
Also, DH stealth detect OP AF based off that.
GODMODE DETECTION.

(Click image for Hunter!)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:14 am 
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Realm: Kilrogg
So I just tried applying additional stealth detection through the use of Hyper-Vision Goggles and Distilled Stalker Sight (Alliance-only quest reward in Blade's Edge Mountains, had to run AQ20 on an Alliance Hunter since all my Horde ones were saved at this point). Sadly, the effects do not stack with each other, with the goggles overwriting the buff of the elixir. I am uncertain if Track Hidden stacks on top of either of these items. Also, I have not yet tested if Catseye Ultra Goggles stack with the elixir, or if Elixir of the Searching Eye (basically just Distilled Stalker Sight but craftable by Alchemists) gets overridden by Hyper-Vision Goggles. Even with a hypothetical max of roughly +63 stealth detection (assuming Catseye Goggles, Elixir of the Searching Eye/Distilled Stalker Sight and Track Hidden all stack) I doubt I would still be able to see the stealthed Silithids.

Maybe its stealth can be broken prematurely through the aid of a low-level character with a minimally damaging DoT? And what about the transparent corpses? Does using a DH's Spectral Sight cause any sort of buff to appear on the corpse?

Jezpalimu, 90 Troll Hunter & Kent, 90 Human Hunter
"So many pets, so little tame..."
YouTubedA
3DS Friend Code: 4484-9232-5620

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:41 am 
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Realm: Emerald Dream (US)
Slapperfish wrote:
Maybe its stealth can be broken prematurely through the aid of a low-level character with a minimally damaging DoT? And what about the transparent corpses? Does using a DH's Spectral Sight cause any sort of buff to appear on the corpse?

No, when it breaks stealth, it loses that cosmetic. And no on DHs SS doing anything to corpses.

(Click image for Hunter!)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.