Server Hopping Helper List

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Teevo
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune

Server Hopping Helper List

Unread post by Teevo »

The purpose of this thread is simple: Hunters helping other Hunters try to find that elusive rare pet on other servers, specifically other data centers. Data centers have different data, thus different spawns and everything is different in terms of what npcs and creatures are being generated and when. So if we hop to a different data center, the idea is to have an extra chance of having the rare pet you're after being up!

So I'm starting a list of hunters being willing to help (level 100+ toons only at this time). I will only list your forum name, server, and faction. Anyone who is seeking legitimate help can send a forum PM to these players below and swap Battle.net IDs privately. Just remember the group leader MUST be in the same zone that the hunter is searching for the spawn, otherwise it won't work. The list of data center clusters are listed below, and after them is where I'll list the hunter helpers and searchers. Remember, if you ask for help you should also be willing to help in return if needed. Lets give these rares good homes! (A = alliance, H = horde)

THINGS TO KNOW:
- Level 100+ seem to work when inviting 110s to your group
- The initial server hop *does* work consistently, but getting back to your home server is not so consistent or easy. After much troubleshooting (special thanks to ilixirshy), there seems to be an 8 minute wait time from the time you drop group to the time you get returned to your home server / data center. All aspects regarding leaving the zone, relogging, reinviting, dropping group, etc did not seem to work (and if they did work, it was few and far between). The only way you will always return to your home server without delay is when you are from a PvE server, get invited to a PvP server, watch the mobs around you reset, and drop group... or vice versa PvP to PvE (this is based on several battle.net forum threads I read through).

Chicago PvE
Aerie Peak, Aggramar, Alexstrasza, Alleria, Anvilmar, Area 52, Arygos, Azuremyst, Baelgun, Blackhand, Blade's Edge, Bloodhoof, Dalaran, Dawnbringer, Dentarg, Doomhammer, Durotan, Duskwood, Elune, Eonar, Exodar, Fizzcrank, Galakrond, Garona, Ghostlands, Gilneas, Gnomeregan, Greymane, Grizzly Hills, Hellscream, Icecrown, Kael'thas, Kargath, Khadgar, Llane, Lothar, Madoran, Malfurion, Malygos, Medivh, Moonrunner, Norgannon, Ravencrest, Staghelm, Stormrage, Tanaris, Terokkar, Thrall, Thunderhorn, Trollbane, Turalyon, Uldaman, Undermine, Velen, Whisperwind, Ysera, Zangarmarsh, Zul'jin

- Teevo (Elune; A)
- ilixirshy (Stormrage; A)
- ilixirshy (Thrall; H)
- Teigan (Thrall; H)

Chicago PvP
Agamaggan, Altar of Storms, Alterac Mountains, Andorhal, Anetheron, Archimonde, Arthas, Auchindoun, Azgalor, Azshara, Balnazzar, Black Dragonflight, Blackwing Lair, Bleeding Hollow, Blood Furnace, Burning Blade, Burning Legion, Cho'gall, Coilfang, Dalvengyr, Dark Iron, Deathwing, Demon Soul, Destromath, Dethecus, Detheroc, Eredar, Executus, Gorefiend, Gorgonnash, Gul'dan, Haomarush, Illidan, Jaedenar, Kalecgos, Kel'Thuzad, Laughing Skull, Lethon, Lightning's Blade, Mal'Ganis, Magtheridon, Mannoroth, Nazjatar, Onyxia, Sargeras, Scilla, Shadowmoon, Shattered Halls, Shattered Hand, Skullcrusher, Spinebreaker, Stormreaver, The Forgotten Coast, The Underbog, Thunderlord, Ursin, Warsong, Wildhammer, Ysondre, Zuluhed

Chicago RP
Argent Dawn, Earthen Ring, Kirin Tor, Sentinels, Steamwheedle Cartel, The Scryers

- Teigan (Earthen Ring; A)

Chicago RP-PvP
Emerald Dream, Lightninghoof, Maelstrom, Ravenholdt, The Venture Co, Twisting Nether

Chicago PvE / Brazilian
Goldrinn, Gallywix

Chicago PvP / Brazilian
Azralon, Nemesis, Tol Barad

Chicago PvE / Latin American
Quel'Thalas

Chicago PvP / Latin American
Drakkari, Ragnaros

Los Angeles PvE
Antonidas, Arathor, Azjol-Nerub, Bladefist, Borean Tundra, Bronzebeard, Cairne, Cenarius, Darrowmere, Draenor, Dragonblight, Draka, Drak'thul, Drenden, Echo Isles, Eitrigg, Eldre'Thalas, Fenris, Garrosh, Hydraxis, Hyjal, Khaz Modan, Kilrogg, Korialstrasz, Kul Tiras, Lightbringer, Misha, Mok'Nathal, Muradin, Nazgrel, Nesingwary, Nordrassil, Perenolde, Proudmoore, Quel'dorei, Rexxar, Runetotem, Sen'jin, Shadowsong, Shandris, Shu'halo, Silvermoon, Skywall, Suramar, Terenas, Uldum, Uther, Vek'nilash, Windrunner, Winterhoof

- Teigan (Proudmoore; A + Nesingwary; H)
- ilixirshy (Shadowsong; A)

Los Angeles PvP
Aegwynn, Akama, Anub'arak, Blackrock, Bloodscalp, Bonechewer, Boulderfist, Chromaggus, Crushridge, Daggerspine, Darkspear, Dragonmaw, Drak'Tharon, Dunemaul, Firetree, Frostmane, Frostwolf, Garithos, Gurubashi, Hakkar, Kil'jaeden, Korgath, Maiev, Malorne, Mug'thol, Nathrezim, Ner'zhul, Rivendare, Smolderthorn, Spirestone, Stonemaul, Stormscale, Tichondrius, Tortheldrin, Vashj

Los Angeles RP
Blackwater Raiders, Cenarion Circle, Farstriders, Feathermoon, Moon Guard, Scarlet Crusade, Shadow Council, Silver Hand, Sisters of Elune, Thorium Brotherhood, Wyrmrest Accord

- Teevo (Cenarion Circle/Scarlet Crusade; A)

Oceanic PvE
Aman'Thul, Caelestrasz, Dath'Remar, Khaz'goroth, Nagrand, Saurfang

Oceanic PvP
Barthilas, Dreadmaul, Frostmourne, Gundrak, Jubei'Thos, Thaurissan
Last edited by Teevo on Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:03 am, edited 16 times in total.

Special thanks to Pooksie for my Sig!

ilixirshy
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: stormrage

Re: List of Hunters willing to help server hop for rare pets

Unread post by ilixirshy »

leeluscherry#1509, happy to help when im online :)
Teevo
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Teevo »

Added my info. Also important to note all servers you have max level toons on. That way I can put your battle.net ID under each cluster that you can help with. Thanks all!

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I'd be more comfortable just sharing my battletag with only the people who need it, instead of with everyone. But, you can put me down for Earthen Ring - Alliance, Proudmoore - Alliance, Nesingwary - Horde, Wyrmrest Accord - Horde
Teevo
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Teevo »

Thats a fair point Teigan. I will edit my post to list our forum names so that people can share their info via PM if they need legitimate help.

Teevo
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Teevo »

Found some interesting things out today. Level 100s inviting me worked for server hopping. And also there is a consistent 8 minute delay on returning to my home server after dropping group. We assume this is to discourage/prevent constant server hopping. Thanks to ilixirshy for helping out!

ilixirshy
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: stormrage

Unread post by ilixirshy »

anytime!!! happy to help anyone who needs it! :)
Teevo
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Teevo »

Interesting. If the group leader hearths to Dalaran, and then I drop group... it reset the mobs instantly. Will look more into this later to confirm consistency.

Btw, big thanks to Teigan! Got my ghost worm (Spirocula) by hopping to their server :)

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

If you're visiting a server with the same PvP/PvE designation as your home realm, and same RP designation, you stay on that server when you drop group.
Teevo
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Teevo »

Correct, but only for 8 min or so based on our experimentation today. Each time we dropped group, it took about 8min and then my partner would disappear and all the mobs would reset, thus returning me to my home realm. We did it three times and each time had the same result.

Another huge thank you to Teigan, as I was able to get Bulvinkel and Karkin on their data center today as well! :D

Teevo
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Teevo »

And to end the day, I was able to get Skarr thanks to Ilixirshy! Imagine if we had one hunter from each datacenter willing to help! Rares for all! Hopefully this forum is only quiet due to being so late in current xpac. Maybe we'll get more interest come BfA. Anyways, I'll keep this thread updated as people speak up. Thanks all.

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Re: Server Hopping Helper List

Unread post by Teigan »

Hey, I wanted to mention that I no longer have a 110 on Wyrmrest Accord. Just moved her to Thrall
Teevo
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Teevo »

Teigan wrote:Hey, I wanted to mention that I no longer have a 110 on Wyrmrest Accord. Just moved her to Thrall
Updated, thanks.

Teevo
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Teevo »

Bumping up so it doesn't get lost. Hope to see more activity once the expansion comes out!

Teevo
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Teevo »

Xpac bump