Good Old Glitch Pets

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Merkonu

Re: Good Old Glitch Pets

Unread post by Merkonu »

I had most of them, sadly enough only my wolf is left tho:

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Pozenex
Hey hey, Game Master Pozenex here, hope your day is going well! :D

I understand you're having some issues with wanting to restore these pets. So sadly this isn't something we can help with here. Those are logs and stuff we don't have anymore and can't verify. It has been 4 years and at this point we're not able to help anymore.

Fair travels and bountiful loot, *bows*
I remember when Blizz had decent GMs. And stuff.

The level of professionalism there is staggering. And stuff.
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

Teigan wrote:
Pozenex
Hey hey, Game Master Pozenex here, hope your day is going well! :D

I understand you're having some issues with wanting to restore these pets. So sadly this isn't something we can help with here. Those are logs and stuff we don't have anymore and can't verify. It has been 4 years and at this point we're not able to help anymore.

Fair travels and bountiful loot, *bows*
I remember when Blizz had decent GMs. And stuff.

The level of professionalism there is staggering. And stuff.
There's still a few decent ones out there. One restored my old oil wolf (granted I hadn't been through any faction or server changes) that I had gotten rid of AFTER they made glitch pets unobtainable. I didn't remember the name I'd given it, and the GM was nice and patient enough to dig through my dozens, if not hundreds, of failed tames to find the single one I kept.

Keep trying every so often, but make sure to space it out. I've seen people get called out for "spamming" and whatnot by GMs for back-to-back reports like that, with threats to suspend the account.

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com

Karasan
Realm: Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Karasan »

I had the fire boar, named him Bacon. One day I forgot he was with me when I did arena... I've been so sad about that for such a long time. I still have oil stained wolf though. I also had the Hydra from back in wrath from the Sholtzar quest, never got the slime though. That Hydra was my best buddy for years, he was so noisy!

Chibee was great when he was massive too! I got the other worms too and they hang with me here and there now. To my knowledge I'm the only one on my server with the green and fanged red/orange worms.

One of the most fun pets was the green spider from Pandaria that rained green fire in a large radius, I would set him to stay in the middle of the dwarven district and watch the confused people try to figure out what the heck was happening.

But, my top favorite of all time is the one Blizzard took from me. My favorite pet ever was my Worgen Killer. I have always been a massive fan of the Worgens from my beginnings in Darkshire. I remember raiding in Ulduar with him after Blizzard neutered his abilities and even with just his auto attack I kept him with me. When Blizzard did take him I felt so betrayed :( I went to Blizzcon that year and was hoping soooo hard that they took him from me because Worgens were going to be playable and I was right! I swear I cried from joy at the announcement! Worgens had the cutest puppy men faces back during Blizzcon! Anyway, now I have a Worgen DK that in my mind is Killer killed and resurrected by the Litch King but his bond with his Hunter was stronger than the Litch's control. He is still fiercely loyal to my Hunter and very jealous of other pets she uses. His name is Rellic, Killer backwards with a C instead.
Taaveti
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: TW-Shadowmoon

Unread post by Taaveti »

I got most of the ones that last through deaths (except the bears with pink aura from Darkshore iirc)

The oiled-wolf:
Oiled-hawk:
Barbequed pork:
Dagger-in-brain:
The chained tiger:
The Sha-touched scorpion:
Sha-touched croc:
Sha-touched crane:
The ghosty two-headed vulture:

My only complaint is that my guild had since moved over to Alliance and I made a new hunter over there.
So now all these pets are on my horde alt that I never play. :(
(The good thing is that might be why I haven't lost any of them yet)

I missed my opportunity on the slime and hydra though, I switched main to my pally for raids and didn't level my hunter in time before they made them untamable.
My brother had the slime though... but he never bring it out coz he deems it "too ugly" which gets on my nerve everytime I hear him say that.
runtime

Unread post by runtime »

my first gliched one was the puppy from the emerald dreamway. I made my hati look like one, and enjoy having such a rare pet.
are there any gliched pets out there that still can be tamed?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Not right now. Any methods that were being used to obtain glitch pets have been fixed, and if there are new methods then it is being kept a secret by those that know.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Has any one tested if it's safe to have a glitch pet (like oil stained wolf or sha tiger) in your animal companion slot?

Siggy under construction!

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Yeah it's fine, it's not the real pet, it's juts a copy, real one never leaves the sables. They don't have the "glitch" effects if they are your second pet as the copy isn't glitched but you can still use them without fear as the second pet. Great for people who just want to bring them out without loosing the effects on the real ones. :mrgreen:

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Ah okay. Good to know. I was worried it might wipe effects in the stable or if the animal companion dies, it would wipe that way.

Siggy under construction!

ligewolf
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: the Underbog/ Moonrunner (H) US

Unread post by ligewolf »

Ive gone back in these last couple of days to retry the old glitch pet tames. No luck.

Lone wolf and ghostpaw wolfs tend to despawn after tame when using the macros, but not complete tame.

My lone hunter with knife is the only glitch pet I have. I did have the ghostpaw wolf in its ghostform but I let it go since Karoma was introduced in Cata. By the time I went back for the ghostpaw, macro was alredy hotfixed.
Nimrod
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU - Ghostlands

Unread post by Nimrod »

Still got quite a few of my glitch pets - so far the only one I have lost was my Sha-Corrupted cat (timewalking queue popped when I wasn't paying attention and I clicked it). I was actually able to get a GM to recover my ghost ooze back in Cata or MoP, having deleted it a couple of years before due to limited stable space (honestly can't remember why I chose the hydra over the ooze!).

Spirit of Koosu & Atha (Ooze & Hydra), Kung Din (w/chain necklace), Lone Hunter (w/sword), Sha-Corrupted Crane, Ghostpaw Alpha (in ghost form, w/new sha effect as well /shrug), Pyro pig (the flaming boar), Oil-Stained Wolf. Oh, and both orange and green maggot grubs.

I still have my first tame on my main, a ghost saber from Darkshore (specifically made a point of getting it first when I moved from US to EU servers halfway through TBC).

Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

i only take mine out to confirm if the appearances are still intact mostly every pre-patch and live.
other then that, most of us do keep them like fine china XD

other then that the 2 maggots are eligible to be played out in the open all you want if you have them, nothing to lose
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

I still own a few of them. They're fun, but I don't take them out except to look at them or have others look at them now and then.

Also have the green maggot/grub, but I don't consider that a glitch pet. I like his new model, shame he can't burrow anymore since he uses the croc/basilisk/diemetradon skeleton now, though.

As for the crab with the bottle. I kind of want to try the Crab Shank out on him since it would make for a great combination, but I fear that that'd overwrite the existing bottle buff and break it.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!