Good Old Glitch Pets

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
brianbucks
Realm: Khadgar

Good Old Glitch Pets

Unread post by brianbucks »

Hey I dunno how old some of you are from game but Ive been playing.... since.... Vanilla lol. Yeah ok I know but I am a main hunter and had TWO REALLY Awesome pets. That were what we called GLITCH PETS. You had to do some crazy crap to tame these pets with a very unique look. One favorite was my Flaming Pig which you got from a low level quest in Thunder Bluff and you threw an ice trap then set pig food on fire and caught the pig on fire and tamed it if you timed it right you got a really cool PIG who was in FIRE! My other cool pet was Lone Hunter the ghost wolf with a sword in his head. I think you had to have a rogue or someone KILL him when you were taming him and then you got a Ghost Wolf with a sword in his head! COOL AGAIN Now today I used these pets in the Chromie saving her life deal and I noticed that they were NO LONGER UNIQUE like no fire no sword. SO I was worried I did it to myself or was it that BLIZZARD did it to ME! I opened a ticket to find out but we shall see. I wondered first is it true we can no longer TAME these guys including the Oily Worg in Borean Tundra. I dunno I thought they fixed the glitch and they were no longer available which makes me CRY because one of my all time fav pets was the flaming pig!!! ARGGGGHHHHH Anyone have any knowledge about these pets if they got FIXED so mine wont show up or if by using it with Chromie i took OFF the cosmetic look I dunno I am just super sad. Here is a video of it being tamed like 7 years ago I know Ive had my pet like 10 years. SIGH https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y00Hmc-0_TM
Attachments
326803_2220519226151_6302147_o.jpg
326803_2220519226151_6302147_o.jpg (213.39 KiB) Viewed 5492 times
322815_2220518546134_7958770_o.jpg
322815_2220518546134_7958770_o.jpg (207.69 KiB) Viewed 5492 times
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Re: Good Old Glitch Pets

Unread post by Equeon »

Unfortunately, it seems like there's no way to get the glitch tames right now. You always have to be careful of using them in any situation with phasing or wiping buffs (like in arenas). Most of us who still have glitch tames tend to treat them like fine china: show them off occasionally and keep them locked up safe at all other times.

A new method of taming pets with visual buffs tends to pop up every two expansions, especially in the first week or so of a new build. So keep your eyes peeled in Battle for Azeroth, and it's possible you could retame your old impaled wolf and flaming boar buddies :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I never take mine out of the stable. There is just too much of a risk of losing the visual buffs.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I whip out my giant baby Direhorn all the time, and it doesn't revert in timewalking/arenas (I'm still at 0 wins! Call me Glass Joe!). My only other glitch pet is Lone Hunter, but he's been sidelined HARD since I got my Fenryr. Fenryr just does it better in every way, and I would release Lone Hunter if not for the fact it was still a glitch pet. There's only been one glitch pet I've been mad about; Spirit of Koosu. When I saw a hunter in WotLK with it, I asked where it was. They were kind and told me how to do it, but I needed to be 80. I forced myself to level to 80 in a day on my then-forgotten alt from 60~, but the quest wasn't up. Days went by and the quest just never came up. Finally, after god knows how many days, I had access to the quest.

"Invalid Target".

The day it came up was a Tuesday where they fixed the glitch. Boy was I absolutely mad. I put in all that effort to rush to 80 SPECIFICALLY to tame a slime, and I got slapped in the face because of the worst mechanic ever. I was straight up cheated, just like when a group who promised me the Amani Bear (original) jacked the price AFTER they promised the price we agreed on the week prior. I hate people for good reasons.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

WerebearGuy wrote:I whip out my giant baby Direhorn all the time, and it doesn't revert in timewalking/arenas (I'm still at 0 wins! Call me Glass Joe!). My only other glitch pet is Lone Hunter, but he's been sidelined HARD since I got my Fenryr. Fenryr just does it better in every way, and I would release Lone Hunter if not for the fact it was still a glitch pet. There's only been one glitch pet I've been mad about; Spirit of Koosu. When I saw a hunter in WotLK with it, I asked where it was. They were kind and told me how to do it, but I needed to be 80. I forced myself to level to 80 in a day on my then-forgotten alt from 60~, but the quest wasn't up. Days went by and the quest just never came up. Finally, after god knows how many days, I had access to the quest.

"Invalid Target".

The day it came up was a Tuesday where they fixed the glitch. Boy was I absolutely mad. I put in all that effort to rush to 80 SPECIFICALLY to tame a slime, and I got slapped in the face because of the worst mechanic ever. I was straight up cheated, just like when a group who promised me the Amani Bear (original) jacked the price AFTER they promised the price we agreed on the week prior. I hate people for good reasons.

Same thing happened to me :C

Siggy under construction!

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Only glitch pet I ever had was the Dreamway puppy had it until they fixed it where it became a ugly worg only if I kept my Hati as one would still have it but now with Hati going away in BFA those too will be gone.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Iowawolf wrote:Only glitch pet I ever had was the Dreamway puppy had it until they fixed it where it became a ugly worg only if I kept my Hati as one would still have it but now with Hati going away in BFA those too will be gone.
The Hati ones were converted too.

Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Bowno wrote:
Iowawolf wrote:Only glitch pet I ever had was the Dreamway puppy had it until they fixed it where it became a ugly worg only if I kept my Hati as one would still have it but now with Hati going away in BFA those too will be gone.
The Hati ones were converted too.
To my knowledge they were not.
Image :mrgreen:

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Interesting. I read on the big thread about it on here that even the Hati ones were reverted. Maybe I was thinking of something else. Oh well.

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Bowno wrote:Interesting. I read on the big thread about it on here that even the Hati ones were reverted. Maybe I was thinking of something else. Oh well.

Some got reverted like the demons and whatnot but the puppy and direhorn never got touched.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I used to have a few. Some were on a hunter blizzard managed to lose (No, it hadn't been deleted, no my account was still active, no, I wasn't hacked. I literally logged out one night and in morning the my character had vanished and was unrecoverable). The others vanished mysteriously from my main and other alt hunter's stables while I was on an extended break from WoW. I had an oil wolf, oil bird, green grub, red grub, tiger with a chain...and I think there were more, but it was a long, long time ago. Now, I just have the fire scorpid that came from the shaman hall and was later put in as a rare. And I tamed Fenryr when he was still buggy and you could clear it with a group instead of solo. But, those kinda lack the cool factor that the others had.
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Unread post by Tsukina »

The first (and as always) apologize for my horrible English (I need help from a translator to give some meaning to the phrases).

My special pets green and orange grub, wolf with oil and baby dinosaur do not take them out of the barn.

I am so afraid that I will recycle them as blizz and that someone will report me and I will be banned.
Before I had the baby dinosaur with me outside almost always and in a couple of dungeons they told me they were going to denounce me for having glitch pets.

So to my regret, my special pets spend their time locked up.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

The grubs and baby dino are fine, they, like the slime that thinks it's a croc, don't have have a visual buff like the wolf does. :D Green grubs are the best, they do flips and I like to take out my baby dino for dungeons. :mrgreen:

brianbucks
Realm: Khadgar

Unread post by brianbucks »

Its just so completely upsetting to me that it changed on me I had that pet over 9 years now and POOF I used it in the damn Chromie Death deal and GONE and I was stupid enough to bring out the Sword Head Wolf too so I got double screwed. I dont undertsand WHY would the "FIX" this issue it didnt hurt anyone. I remember I had the Flaming Pitch pet which was a quest in Southern Barrens you could tame a pet Plainstrider or Raptor when you threw the potion if the pet EXPLODED you got a patch of fire on the ground. NOW They FIXED that one because in PVP you could not target the PET which made me laugh. I dont do PVP much but that aspect was hilarious and because of complaints we woke up and my pet became a raptor again. BUT That was a cheating pet. My PIG was just COOL and WHY would you fix it so you could no longer TAME it. It just upsets me so much it was one of my favorite pets all time and i have ALL The Spirit Beasts who are cool too but the Pig was awesome. I helped many of my friends get it too so I hope they still have them it makes me cry like my pet actually DIED.
NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream (US)

Unread post by NazzyDragon »

Yeahhhhhh the glitch visual pets are kinda balls. Removed at the drop of a hat so I hear.

Quit in 3.3 so never really had one. Only glitch bastard I have is the old grimtotem spirit guide.. and well, nothing can screw that guy over. No glitchy invisible visual effect, just a wolf not a spirit beast. Heck, sometimes I get afraid of using it in the off chance I get really drunk and release it. :lol:

That and I've wanted a wind rider as a pet for as long as I've wanted a melee hunter, sooo... he just stays as a pet on-hand and I use it sometimes.

For your pets though, GMs will likely say they won't do anything for it. I've heard this one before. :(

(Click image for Hunter!)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Do you think there would be any point to asking them to give back my grubs? It was a few years ago now and they were never supposed to be tameable. But I didn't release them. They disappeared.
Gregom
Realm: Mazrigos

Unread post by Gregom »

Hey guys,

I know exactly how bad you feel man!

Tamed my living BBQ when cata was in on my starter edition alternative wow account, now, when im unsubbed for a month or 3 or when i take a break or something i main this 'Veteran' character to goof around with for free stuck at level 20 :)

Though i have a level 110 hunter, this level 20 one still feels special for that one glitch pet it tamed years ago when i started playing in cata

Hope you find another glitch pet or can recover it somehow dude!
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_040418_160424.jpg
WoWScrnShot_040418_160424.jpg (146.03 KiB) Viewed 5492 times
WoWScrnShot_032818_120833.jpg
WoWScrnShot_032818_120833.jpg (244.97 KiB) Viewed 5492 times
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

My orange grub is in my current roster, I named it Ohmu back when they were the size of VW minibuses. And I have a slime, I don't use it currently, but I could bring out Gesundheit for a ferocity-snare, especially since chimaera take up so much screen space. My only buff-glitch pet is an oil-stained wolf. It just sits in my stable, and since I have a stack of oil to temporary darken any of my pets, I'll probably use it as a test to see if some future feature wipes visual buffs from hunter pets.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I have the sha-corrupted crocolisk, it's the only glitch pet that I actually wanted and I'm so glad he's still safe.

It's a shame though, I never use him out of fear of him losing his appearance, as much as I'd like to have him out more. I'm always worried there will be some random event or quest that might unexpectedly wipe it.

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_060618_153724.png
WoWScrnShot_060618_153724.png (782.96 KiB) Viewed 5492 times
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

So, I ticketed about my grubs and such. They claim I released them and that either way it had been before a server and faction change, so they can't give them back anyway because of the changes. Even though they can clearly see that I had them. So, ok. Whatever, Blizzard. Whatever.