[idea] Shark Spirit Beast

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Tomb
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

[idea] Shark Spirit Beast

Unread post by Tomb »

So I were playing around with toy combos. Turning my toxic wasteling into a ghost shark and then started to feed it critters and one pet enlargement cookie.

And I feel the screenshot speak for itself. A spirit beast shark would be kinda amazing as a hunter pet.
Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU (Horde), Mazrigos EU (Alliance)

Re: [idea] Shark Spirit Beast

Unread post by Flyra »

It would! I really like the idea anyway. I've always wanted a pet shark but they don't really make much sense being on land but a Spirit Shark... you could probably get away with that :lol:

FR: Heart #57524 WoW: Flyra#21730

Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomb
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Tomb »

Slapperfish wrote:That said, how did you manage to turn it into a shark? I can't think of any toys off the top of my head that do that...
1: Spawn ghost shark pet.
2: Use pet mirror to turn myself into the ghost shark.
3: Spawn toxic wasteling.
4: Use pet mirror that turn pet into me.
5: Toxic wasteling is now a ghost shark! Start to fire that critter canon and feed it!
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

My instinct was to not like this idea. I don't even like aquatic minipets floating around in bubbles. But looking at that image, it's just perfect. It's a good looking style of transparent, and "ghost shark" looks soooo much better than bubbled fish. I don't know why, but "ghost shark" seems right as a spirit beast now. Like if I was going to have the spirit of some aquatic animal "swimming" around above the ground, it would either be a shark or some giant baleen whale. And the shark would be the right size and ferocious enough to be attacking people. The whale would be in the sky being all mysterious.

ps:
My ghost shark's name would be [based on] "Great Wight Shark".
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I've always felt that the Spirit Beast family was a perfect opportunity to give us pet species that we may not normally be able to tame, since they're spirits and can really be anything.

I love this idea though. My big issue with the idea of aquatic pets has always been that I wouldn't want them to be in a bubble, I dislike the minipets that do that because you can hardly see the model. At least in this fashion a floating shark would make sense.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Both Spirit Beasts and Mechs are 2 families that have the potentials to make pets with unconventional looks to be tamable. And yes eople wanted spirit aquatic beasts and even other forms like spirit stags even before they were made into tamable families.