Don't forget Fenryr!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Don't forget Fenryr!

Unread post by Shade »

With the major upgrade to your weapons today, you ay want to try to get Fenryr again if you have not been able to do him up until now. I was constantly about 20% health away from being able to get him previously, but with the weapon upgrade today I was able to get him after about 4 tries.

*happy dance*
ligewolf
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: the Underbog/ Moonrunner (H) US

Re: Don't forget Fenryr!

Unread post by ligewolf »

Now with the BfA prepatch live, who has gone to give fenryr a shot? I've had a few fellow hunters having more issues getting fenryr down now than before patch..
Squirrel
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Squirrel »

I've been giving it a go. Hymdall feels an awful lot easier to beat but I'm not making ANY progress on Fenryr. If I'm kiting and my pet dies, I'm not given any opportunity to ress it before getting teleported to the boss (so you get both boss and the adds on top of you).

Anyone else given it a go and how're you finding it? Because I'm really struggling since the patch. =/
Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

Just downed him using my old kiting strategy. It is certainly harder than it was with a fully powered-up artifact, but not as hard as it was in the early stages of the expansion.
Set up: Spirit Beast (for defensive and heals), no buffs whatsoever, ilvl 225 (940-ish pre-squish). Sephuz Secret + Prydaz. Talents: 1323211, would have probably swapped to Barrage, but I didn't have tomes with me.

The aggro has been weird the whole fight. Misdirect to pet on CD. The most important part is to avoid his bleed - you need to Disengage exactly as he leaps off the grounds. If you Disengage too early, he will get you. If you Disengage too late, he'll get you. I was also killing his trash - and sometimes proccing Sephuz by trapping one of them. Bring Bear Tartare :D

Later I will try it again with Survival. I think it might be easier than BM in a way. Although, maybe not >.>
NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream (US)

Unread post by NazzyDragon »

Shelassa wrote:Later I will try it again with Survival. I think it might be easier than BM in a way. Although, maybe not >.>
Just did it as surv without thinking much.. or anything special.. just used a scalehide. Didn't even have lust up. Was on CD from Hymdall. Rofl'd my way through it.

Totally doable. ;)

Edit: Seems my armory page isn't loading. Used helm/prydaz & my iLv is 247 (equipped), so there's that.

(Click image for Hunter!)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'm hoping my hunter can do this once I get her to 110.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Setanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terrokar, Dentarg, Alexstrasza

Unread post by Setanta »

I wondered how post artifact "explosion" would affect this. So glad I got him before, otherwise I likely would have waited until 120 to bother going back.

Sargman (Void Elf) Terokkar
Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg
Untamabull (Tauren) Area 52
Sargmar (Blood Elf) Alexstrasza

If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.