Taming rares with scaled levels?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Taming rares with scaled levels?

Unread post by Krysteena »

Does anyone know if you can actually tame rares that are above your level in the new scaled zones? I feel like I've seen the answer somewhere on here but I can't find it and my memory is a literal goldfish at this point.

I intend to tame Manas, the silver dragonhawk in Winterspring, because I'm starting out on Argent Dawn and the alt I'm levelling before sending Krys over has, in theory, a silver dragonhawk. However, Argent Dawn is a really busy server (to the point it's now marked as full) and I don't want to camp for Manas unless I'm certain that I can tame him when he spawns. So could I be the lowest level in the bracket for the zone (I think it's 40 or something?) or would I need to wait until 62?

I say it like I've got a decent chance of finding Manas. Never in my 7 years of playing have I actually seen Manas up but that's besides the point
Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: Taming rares with scaled levels?

Unread post by Tankperson »

I haven't been able too on my lowbie hunters which I hate. I get it rares should be a level or two higher then the zone but not being able to tame anything rare till 62 old world 82 for between outland and northrend then 92 for cata and panda stuff is a poor choice.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Re: Taming rares with scaled levels?

Unread post by Krysteena »

That's a bummer, but thank you for letting me know! Looks like the hunt for Manas will be waiting until I hit 62 on my alt then :')