Bufo Tame , Timeless Island

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Bufo Tame , Timeless Island

Unread post by Rawr »

There is an option so they don't stack on top of each other unlike hit boxes. Look all I'm saying is that small hit boxes in PvP don't matter to people who PvP, big hit boxes can be used so that even clicking on nameplates won't work but that's why people tab.
Image :mrgreen:

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Could I ask where I find that option in the settings, please? The most I do in settings is set my bars and auto-loot so I've literally no idea where anything is :'D

For some, though such as myself, small hit boxes do matter. Unless I mistaken, the raven pets aren't used only because they're cunning spec - they're small and difficult to target. Overall, though, pet size is only a problem if it's ether too small or too large, regardless of the hitbox size, and there are ways around it, to be fair. It's just a little awkward. And there's small pets, like ravens, and then there's Bufo. Bufo is way too small :lol:
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I think they point is, that even though person A may not like clicking or mouseover, person B can find it better and still be "in their right mind". When I pvp on my hunter, and I do not like having large pets for various reasons. For example, my chimeras die super-fast in group fights. And I do not cycle through tab targets to cc a pet, and nameplates are fairly narrow, so the ability to mouseover the actual model can matter. I don't claim to speak for everyone who pvps, and I think it's presumptuous for anyone to do so.
Last edited by Xota on Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Krysteena wrote:Could I ask where I find that option in the settings, please?
Here you go Krysteena:

In regards to your second question, yes people like to use small pets because, like I mentioned before, not everyone knows about or uses nameplates. So crafty PvPers use this and other things to their advantage.
I like to "hide" in big pets when PvPing, I stand on them so that I am harder to target by people who click to target. :mrgreen:

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Excellent, thank you~ I'll have to give that a go in PvP to see how it feels as opposed to the chaos that it currently is when people clump together :')

I'll also stop going too off-topic now, hehe
ligewolf
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: the Underbog/ Moonrunner (H) US

Unread post by ligewolf »

Just tamed Bufo, he is still shrinking to the size of a companion pet!
Get him while you can!

Sadly, he doesn't croak or makes any sound when clicked on, unlike all the other frogs/toads.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Marsh Gulper, same appearance, also tames small. Don't remember what sounds it made, as I didn't keep it.
Hawaiianj
Realm: khadgar

Unread post by Hawaiianj »

wait wait.....toads are tank pets.....lol
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Hawaiianj wrote:wait wait.....toads are tank pets.....lol
Yeah, it sounds funny at first, but the thing is that tenacity are no longer considered tank pets, strictly, but just better at enduring. Actually, even then it seems weird that a squishy toad would be tenacity - if anything they're cunning, good at avoiding danger.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.