(deleted)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 9:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Animal Companion Talent and Flying Pets

Unread post by Valnaaros »

That is really cool! You are right that it will probably be hotfixed, but interesting while it lasts :)
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

I imagine some of it will be hotfixed (like the flying off/attacking reaching things in the air that obviously shouldn't be 'chased' since that's just an obvious no lol), but actually the last part you mentioned with Amaukwa is something I reported back in the Beta when Animal Companion was finally implemented and working. It's been reported a few times and there were other bugs actually with the pets that normally dont fly, flying and pets that did fly, were grounded. That bug was fixed a couple months back.

I actually think the last part you wrote is intentional, or is Blizzard testing the grounds for a 'toggle' like we've been asking for. Since in a way, it currently allows you to 'customize' some pets who are typically ground-bound to allow them to 'fly' beside you (like Aetherbeak or Amaukwa).

But I might also just be hopeful. But I am pretty sure they were aware of this for awhile. It was reported a few times (at least from myself and a few others I know) in Beta.

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Maybe it's a side effect of trying to give some leeway in AC's pathing. Hati's pathing kept being problematic, worse than normal pet pathing. AC erring the other direction could be a beneficial bug that they leave in (or not, I don't know their rhyme or reason). If they leave it in, it creates niches where AC can pull ahead of the other talents without being ahead of them all the time. There's occasionally fights where the target is flying. It's frustrating when you're assigned, as ranged, to do dps but a significant portion of your damage is kind of melee. Especially if your ranged abilities/passives require a proc from a pet ability.

It would be really frustrating if they fixed this presumed bug, grounding all pets and ACs for consistency, but left in other inconsistencies that make things worse.