Help I'm new to Wow

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
AndrewJackson

Help I'm new to Wow

Unread post by AndrewJackson »

I'm new to BM Hunter and am currently lvl 10. I chose goblin so I have a crab as my pet. I have no clue how to get another pet or anything. Any help would be amazing.
Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ligewolf
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: the Underbog/ Moonrunner (H) US

Re: Help I'm new to Wow

Unread post by ligewolf »

a NPC called, "Stable Master" is your friend, he is your pet bank in a sense. These NPC are located in every city and any major questing hub. I think you start off with one pet slot, which is the one you are using.

Here are the levels in which you get more pet slots, you get a total of 5 pets to carry around with you. Plus the slots your Stable Master has.

lvl 1 - Call Pet 1- you carry one pet.
lvl 13 - Call Pet 2 - you get to carry 2 pets
lvl 34 -Call Pet 3 - you get to carry 3 pets
lvl 57 -Call Pet 4 - you get your 4th pet slot
lvl 80 - Call Pet 5 - you get your last pet slot you will be able to carry with you.

To tame new pets, you need 3 things:

1 - Have a open pet slot in your spellbook, ( I usually place each pet slot on my action bars)
2 - dismiss your current pet. In this case, dismiss your crab pet first.
3 - make sure your hunter is the same level or higher than the pet you are wanting to tame.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Re: Help I'm new to Wow

Unread post by Thwip »

Also, as someone who's done the Goblin starting zone since world scaling went in:

Do not get discouraged with how long it takes to get out of the starting area! Now that level scaling is a thing, you'll be very close to 20 by the time you get out. (Or at least, I did with heirlooms.) Some things might hit hard right now due to some wonky back end issues post stat squish, but I think most things in that starting area are doable. The mini boss near the end (A big fire turtle!) might take you a little bit longer then it should.

But once you get out it should take you to Orgrimmar! From there, I totally recommend doing the Azshara quest zone if you can pick it up from the Call Board just outside Grommash Hold. We can't tame Exotic Beasts until 65 currently, but those will be your best friends once you can!

As Slapperfish mentioned, you'll get the spell Tame Beast at lvl13 and it will automatically pop up in your spell book. You'll need to make sure you dismiss (Not abandon!) your crab, like ligewolf mentioned, to tame another pet as well!

Welcome to the game!

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma