Some pets have unique attack speeds again -Broken Tooth etc.

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Setanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terrokar, Dentarg, Alexstrasza

Re: Some pets have unique attack speeds again -Broken Tooth

Unread post by Setanta »

Now if only King Bangalash was around with his ridiculous run speed :)

Sargman (Void Elf) Terokkar
Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg
Untamabull (Tauren) Area 52
Sargmar (Blood Elf) Alexstrasza

If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

If Deth'tilac is the fastest attacker, wouldn't that make it the best pvp pet? (Even if it's ferocity)

Due to spell pushback?
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

TL;DR probably not worth it for 0.5 sec attack speed. Probably for ~1 sec attack speed.

You only get two hits of pushback, each adding 0.5 seconds to the cast time (or each reducing channeling time by 25% of original length). Capping auto-attack speed is going to make it most likely that you'll get both of those off. But it probably isn't necessary.
At 0.25, you'll get two hits on any spell with a cast time longer than 0.25.
At 0.5, you'll get two hits on any spell with a longer cast time than you, and any shorter than you if your first swing timer hits while the enemy is casting.
At 1 second, you'll get two hits on any spell that has a 1.5 second cast time or longer. You'll have a 50% chance to get two hits on a spell with a 1 second cast time.

While an enemy player also has haste, and they can have talents (etc) that reduce their cast time of certain spells, it's unlikely for them to get their cast times to 0.25 seconds, especially for the spells you're wanting to interrupt. The three fastest cast spells are:
New Moon (balance druid talent) 1 second
place Demonic Circle (warlock talent) 0.5 seconds
Fetch 0.1 seconds.
This is all assuming that it's just your pet attacking, and only counting autoattacks.

There's also the case where you have to burst down their shield before you get pushback. But in those cases, you're usually hitting them with your hunter (and maybe some other team members) too.

So while it would guarantee you maximum pushback, you aren't gaining that many more opportunities over other fast pets. Most fast spells are 1.5 second cast time. They're going to be adjusted down for haste, just like your pet's attack speed is going to be adjusted down for haste. A fast pet is beneficial for pushback, but when you cap you lose some damage. And if you go Deth'tilac, you don't get to choose your spec / ability / looks.
Ammostorm
Realm: Garrosh

Unread post by Ammostorm »

Just adding another 1.0 speed pet to the list, didnt see it.

The small yellow flame spiders from the eggs in the cave (that required me to dismount from altitude to die, so i could rez inside). The entrance is in Valley of the Four winds. Its located in the mountains, near the bottom, just north of "The Heartland" area.

You can find the Red fire spiders, Yellow fire spiders, and a Boss thats a Green fire spider. There are eggs everywhere in here. Disturbing them by walking close enough will cause them to hatch. The hatchlings can be tamed. They have a 1.0 attack speed. All of the others have a 2.0 speed.

Its pretty nice to have two of them out at the same time and see all those numbers roll up the screen. Especially when haste buffs get them down to .3ish attack speeds. /woot
Rykochet
Realm: Quel'Dorei

Unread post by Rykochet »

Yellow Spider 1.0 w/ haste .777 auto attacking for 2.15m dmg. I have .777 @ 2.15m = 17.2k DPS

Spirit Beast Raptor 2.0 w/ haste 1.554 auto attacking for 2.15m dmg. I have 1.554 @ 2.15m = 20.2k DPS

This was testing with only the pet attacking for a set amount of damage. Same gear for both test.
Keilden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zenedar

Unread post by Keilden »

Diffrent attackspeed is back? Hope caster stats won't come back also.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Ensorcelled Bonepickers (Carrion Bird: Ferocity, Mortal Wounds) have a base speed of 1 second per attack. They do not keep the visual effect upon taming.
Crelam
Realm: Deathwing

Unread post by Crelam »

I have found another 1.0 attack speed pet. This time its a crane.

The Mead-Craving Crane which came in a wave as part of the Imperiled Merchants/Honey Coated Slitherer event/rare.

I think this guy will see alot of use.
Jerry235
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Jerry235 »

is there anyway though datamining that a more complete list of tameables with unique attack speeds can be found?
Meowstical
Realm: Argent Dawn/The Scryers(NA)

Unread post by Meowstical »

Boglash is also a 1.0 attack speed pet.
Ripfang Lynxes are also a 1.5 one.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Let's see my stable list:

Sabertron (red): 1.5
Spirit Worg: 1.5
Saurolisk Matriarch (orange and black): 1.5

I didn't add the rest (2.0) of them; just the different speeds.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Meowstical
Realm: Argent Dawn/The Scryers(NA)

Unread post by Meowstical »

Another addition, the Freshwater Snappers of Tiragarde Sound have a 1.5 attack speed.
Edit: Gloomshade Howlers in Shadowmoon Valley(Draenor) have an odd 1.3 attack speed.
Zandalari Fleshrender also has a super speedy 1.0 attack speed.
Zbik
Realm: Doomhammer

Unread post by Zbik »

humar the pridelord, black lion named from barrens, 1.3
yellow 2 headed vulture 1.2 (Spiteflayer from blasted i think)
green saberon 1.5

alt mystery stable,found model,dunno which mob it was
http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=darkhound2_red 0.75
http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id= ... der2_black 1.0
Crelam
Realm: Deathwing

Unread post by Crelam »

Zbik wrote:humar the pridelord, black lion named from barrens, 1.3
yellow 2 headed vulture 1.2 (Spiteflayer from blasted i think)
green saberon 1.5

alt mystery stable,found model,dunno which mob it was
http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=darkhound2_red 0.75
http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id= ... der2_black 1.0
Was curious about a 0.75 attack speed dog and went looking for it. Its Rokad the Ravager, one of the three random optional bosses in Karazhan. While I was there, I checked the other two bosses and they had the standard 2.0 attack speed.

Also, another interesting find that I haven't seen mentioned: The Crushtacean has slow, crushing, 3.0 attack speed.
smashfanDS
Realm: EU - Silvermoon

Unread post by smashfanDS »

Grimtotem Spirit Guide (aka original Ghost Wolf Pet) has an attack speed of 1.0.
Spirit of Koosu (slime pet - thinks it's a crocolisk) has an attack speed of 2.0.
Spiteflayer has an attack speed of 1.2.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

So I have a list of pet attack speeds from Vanilla and it looks like the Vanilla pets (Broken Tooth, Ridge Stalker Patriarch, Young Forest Bear, ect.) that have been tested are Vanilla speeds. I'm hoping if they are making the effort to bring back the individual speeds that they will also be bringing back Loyalty and Skill learning too. :D :mrgreen:

Paradise Woods

Unread post by Paradise Woods »

Rawr wrote:So I have a list of pet attack speeds from Vanilla and it looks like the Vanilla pets (Broken Tooth, Ridge Stalker Patriarch, Young Forest Bear, ect.) that have been tested are Vanilla speeds. I'm hoping if they are making the effort to bring back the individual speeds that they will also be bringing back Loyalty and Skill learning too. :D :mrgreen:
If we don't want to deal with feeding and loyalty and skill learning, then what? (That sounds snarky and I don't mean it to be, I'm sorry! :hug: ) I liked the system then because I didn't know any different, but without it, QoL is just so much better. I don't want to carry food, I don't want to tame something I don't like because my tallstrider can't figure out how to bite harder on his own as he levels up, etc. This is coming from someone who made a plush of her pet, out of love!

If we went back to the old system, I feel like it would be really polarising between players who like pets for mechanical reasons over RP reasons, and players who like pets for RP reasons over mechanical reasons. Perhaps have a fun hunter quest where, upon completion, you are rewarded with those systems? Something like, "You seem to be a true beast master, who understands their pets' needs in a more intimate way than those who simply use their pets as tools and weapons. Let's do some quests to help you deepen your bond, and help you and your pet understand each other even further!"

(I say that and not the other way around because I'd guess the number of players who want it back are in the minority among hunters, and I fear saying "The system is back, if you don't like it, do the quest" would make an already irate playerbase even angrier.)
Elynix
Realm: Kirin Tor US

Unread post by Elynix »

Araga (Rare Cat from Hillsbrad Foothills) is at 1.4 Attack Speed. Figured I'd add this, as I stumbled across her.
Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

During a recent Mythrax fight in Uldir, I started to wonder about some pets recently getting their faster/slower attack speeds back.

As I suspect is the practice in most raids, mine has ranged (1 mage and 2 hunters) knocking ranged people out of the Oblivion Spheres. Generally, whichever of us is closer to the trapped person goes to knock them out. Our DK handles melee out of spheres. There are times however, when ranged folks get trapped too close to a wall where it's tough to get an angle to knock them out of the sphere from range. If they get stuck like that, the DK has to run out of melee range to grip them out. Even worse is if two people are too close together and get stuck against a wall.

On one attempt where that happened, I set my pet on the trapped player. They seem to be better able to get 'behind' them to help knock 'em out instead of just bouncing them up against the wall. I was surprised how quickly the pet got 'em out. That's what got me wondering. While I'm sure the difference is near negligible, I wonder if it'd be worth taming one of the fast attack speed pets, just to see if they can get folks out of the spheres faster.

Again, I doubt there'd be enough difference to affect the fight all that much, but it's just something I was pondering.

...and it would give me an excuse to see if Deth'tilac can be tamed by a 120 without him/her getting one-shot.
Tonywow
Realm: Aerie Peak/Aerea 52/Gilneas

Unread post by Tonywow »

If anyone has found some more slow attack speeds 3-4 speed, please mention. I've been checking speeds everywhere I got and don't think I've seen any other 3+ speed pets, but I'm curious what some of the rares speeds are as there's so many of them.