Stupid question - pet abilities

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Deanna

Stupid question - pet abilities

Unread post by Deanna »

So, with new patch the talents of my beloved hunter were reset. I noticed that on the pet tab in spellbook, there were several abilities wich said, r not on the action bar. I always thought pet abilities were automatic, u dont have to click on it. I am in doubt now, do u really 'use' the pet abilities or are they automatic?
Nanluin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Stupid question - pet abilities

Unread post by Nanluin »

Some pet abilities can be set to trigger automatically, when your pet has sufficient Focus. Some pet abilities have to be cast manually by the user. You will also have to pick and choose which items to place on your pet bar, and which you leave in your Spellbook pet tab.

Those abilities that can be "auto-cast" are toggled off and on by a right mouse click. When in "auto-cast" mode, there will be a yellow broken boarder animation, circling round and round the icon. When toggled off, this animation goes away.

There is also a new "Command Pet" command in your regular Spellbook tab (not the Pet tab), that you can put on your regular action bar. Using this button will activate the pet family Specialization Ability of your currently summoned pet:

Ferocity: Primage Rage
Tenacity: Survival of the Fittest
Cunning: Master's Call

Other cast abilities that do not have an auto-cast option (such as Exotic or Special Abilities), you will have to place on your pet bar and activate them manually with a left mouse click (or link a key-binding to that slot on the pet bar).

Generally, I keep on my pet bar those auto-cast features that I want to be able to turn auto-cast off and on easily, along with those non-auto-cast abilities that require a left click or a hot-key. Other auto-cast abilities that I leave constantly on (such as Dash), I set up in the Pet tab of the Spellbook and leave them alone.

-- Nanluin
Deanna

Re: Stupid question - pet abilities

Unread post by Deanna »

Thank u for ur answer!