Nightborne Pet Suggestions

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Nikrosnil
Haiku Master
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Nightborne Pet Suggestions

Unread post by Nikrosnil »

Hey everyone! I'm returning to the game once more, and finally after years of absence, I am finally playing a hunter once more!

I am looking for suggestions of suitable pets for a Nightborne Spellbow for the purposes of RP.

Edit:Meet my new Spellbow, Lysandé!

My next task is to farm her transmog gear so that she REALLY looks like a spellbow!

I will be playing a marksmanship hunter for Arcane Shot, so at the moment all I have come up with is:

Image Image Image Image
Purple Arcane Owl, Silver Mana Wyrm, Arcane Dragon Turtle, Arcane Hippogryph.

Last edited by Nikrosnil on Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Re: Nightborne Pet Suggestions

Unread post by Krysteena »

I've been so confused as to what a Nightborne hunter is called, but I'm digging the 'Spellbow' concept a lot, nice!

There aren't too many arcane-inclined pets that aren't BM, tbh, so the ones I've found are more on the side of 'not-so-arcane-inclined' but you seem to have all the possible arcane pets down, tbh
ImageImage
Olm might be good for getting the look of a spirit beast that isn't actually a spirit beast, while Quall has those pink eyes that could be a sign of arcane essence within. That owl you have above is really cool though, so I don't know if these top that guy at all
Unicorns are very magical, as far as I'm aware, and considering this one is a manarunner, linking this one to the arcane Spellbow concept should be okay. Could leave little traces of magic as they walk, or even be naturally saturated in the arcane due to where they come from
A Nightsaber of some kind is practically a given with Nightborne. If you don't mind the cliché choice then you could roll with your saber being naturally infused with the arcane, or at least somewhat affected by it, as the fur has changed colour and little flicks of arcane residue linger long after the beast has passed
Pantharas are drawn to sources of power, so perhaps your hunter could have attracted one at some point. Depending on when the story begins, it's feasible that some Nightborne went with Silgryn to Argus to help the battle against the Legion - and so the Panthara came home as a pretty souvenir
More because they're pretty and I love Dragonhawks way too much than because one would make sense. Seeing as the Blood Elves were very prominent in Suramar, it would be feasible your hunter could spot one and be fascinated, thus leading to the pursuit to find their own. Dragonhawks used to breathe fire, so perhaps the blue variant could breathe something more sparkly and arcane-influenced than just ordinary fire
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Welcome back to Azeroth, Nikrosnil.

if you've been gone more than a year, be aware that the Nightborne race, as playable characters, will require you to grind another character for reputation and quest zone completion. You won't be able to create a Nightborne character until you've completed the Suramar quests to the very end, and gotten all of your factions to honoured (if I am correct?), and I'm not sure, but you MAY have to complete a class campaign? (I'm less sure on that one)

The information on how to unlock the allied races should all be on Wowhead.com.

And again, welcome back to Azeroth.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

You have to complete the Suramar questline, including the Insurrection questline, and you have to be exalted with the Nightfallen.
Nikrosnil
Haiku Master

Krysteena wrote:I've been so confused as to what a Nightborne hunter is called, but I'm digging the 'Spellbow' concept a lot, nice!

There aren't too many arcane-inclined pets that aren't BM, tbh, so the ones I've found are more on the side of 'not-so-arcane-inclined' but you seem to have all the possible arcane pets down, tbh

Unicorns are very magical, as far as I'm aware, and considering this one is a manarunner, linking this one to the arcane Spellbow concept should be okay. Could leave little traces of magic as they walk, or even be naturally saturated in the arcane due to where they come from
A Nightsaber of some kind is practically a given with Nightborne. If you don't mind the cliché choice then you could roll with your saber being naturally infused with the arcane, or at least somewhat affected by it, as the fur has changed colour and little flicks of arcane residue linger long after the beast has passed.
I absolutely love these ideas, and I now own them both! Thank you for the suggestion, as much as I love the manarunner I think that I would be called a Mary Sue for having a magical unicorn! The moonsaber however matches my character very well, and I am contemplating a design which includes purple glowing eyes to indicate the presence of the arcane.
Sukurachi wrote:Welcome back to Azeroth, Nikrosnil.

if you've been gone more than a year, be aware that the Nightborne race, as playable characters, will require you to grind another character for reputation and quest zone completion. You won't be able to create a Nightborne character until you've completed the Suramar quests to the very end, and gotten all of your factions to honoured (if I am correct?), and I'm not sure, but you MAY have to complete a class campaign? (I'm less sure on that one)

The information on how to unlock the allied races should all be on Wowhead.com.

And again, welcome back to Azeroth.
Valnaaros wrote:You have to complete the Suramar questline, including the Insurrection questline, and you have to be exalted with the Nightfallen.
Thank you, I have indeed met the requirements and just changed my hunter from a Kaldorei to a Shaldorei! Meet Lysandé!

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Looking good, I'm happy you liked the suggestions! :D The light purple saber is a really gorgeous model, and your new Shal'dorei is looking very fancy with her unicorn companion, as well~
Nikrosnil
Haiku Master

I'm beginning to wonder whether my pet has to be arcane in nature at all...

I seriously love this raptor skin, and I have been using this pet for all of BfA so far.

I was thinking that the Nightborne could easily have had one of these in their zoo, and perhaps my nightborne spellbow rescued it during the battle for Suramar?

Jeydis
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Arathor / Arthas - US

Unread post by Jeydis »

Jeydis on Arathor-US
Click HERE to request a Signature or Avatar from me!
~~~~~~~~~
Flight Rising Lair

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

The Nightborne definitely could have had loads of different creatures in their various zoos around Suramar as a small taste for what laid outside their city, so the raptor being contained and then rescued could definitely work :)

Plus, it's a gorgeous model and it'd be a shame not to use it because the backstory behind wasn't as easy to set out as a different pet~