Possible secret: Drustvar nature beasts

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Possible secret: Drustvar nature beasts

Unread post by Xota »

I do't know if this is an actual secret, but it reminds me of Gara in some ways. The Drustvar plant-beasts, "Bramblebacks" the bears and "thornclaws" the cats, aren't tameable. But Ulfar has hunter only dialog that could be the breadcrumb that starts a chain to spawn a tameable one as a spirit beast. Or maybe the dialog is just telling us why we can't tame them. It's ambiguous, so I've been doing some investigating.
I suppose you're seeking a new pet?
<Ulfar scoffs>
The magic of this place is deep and profound. It has come to inhabit some of the animals of the region. They are powerful manifestations of nature to be respected.
In the same cave as Ulfar, there's one of the Drust Steles for Drust the Facts, Ma'am. It describes Drust druids showing respect to two forest gods (a giant stag and doe) and getting a favor in return. The deer are Athair and Athainne, which are apparently Irish for "father" and "spark/torch". They can be found upriver from Fallhaven, patrolling in a circle. Athair is chattable, but says nothing (only "regards you") when you chat him on a hunter. He lets druids set their hearthstone though. His title is "Heart of the Forest", and Athainne's is "Secret Keeper of the Forest". So that's kind of hopeful. They pause once in their patrol, and doing supplication type emotes, /bow /kneel /offer, doesn't trigger anything. She apparently changes location during daytime.

I checked the rest of the steles, in case that was a condition for triggering something. It didn't help yet (I'm also not 120), but I did learn more about the Drust that may be helpful. There's a lot of human and/or animal sacrifices (Construct, Sacrifice, Circle, Ritual, Flayed Man). Some of the steles seem to point to the location of other steles, but some of them don't. At least one of them is near a sacrifice altar (Cycle). And along the way I found a toy called Drust Ritual Knife which requires a recently killed player character corpse. I haven't test it yet, either at the sacrifice altar, at Athair/Athainne, or anywhere.

Also, I had Tirasreli Gourmet Chocolate in my bag. I doubted it would do anything, but maybe Athainne could have been a chocoholic. My next round of testing will be after I get to 120. In the meantime, I'm keeping my eyes open for entrails, heads, ritual circles (of stones?), and stone slabs with a big grove and lots of blood.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Re: Possible secret: Drustvar nature beasts

Unread post by Teigan »

I read that as a "no, you can't tame them" But, maybe I'm wrong? I hope so :)
Gauld
Realm: Defias Brotherood

Unread post by Gauld »

Maybe a Druid in his bear form must summon the pet for us...or something like that. I am sure that there is a way for tame those beast.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Teigan wrote:I read that as a "no, you can't tame them" But, maybe I'm wrong? I hope so :)
As did I. And like has been said in the other thread, there hasn't been any indication that they are able to be tamed. Nothing has been datamined to even suggest that such is possible.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

I'm sorry. If I gave the impression that I thought it was a sure thing, then that error is mine. This is not a "known unsolved secret". They might not be tameable. If you're convinced that they're untameable, then whatever convinced you, I didn't find convincing. I am not asking anyone else to keep an eye open, unless they're so inclined.

I have fun testing limits in the game. I had a lot of fun seeing if I could reach the emerald dreamway portal with a hunter, just to see if it was enabled for them. It wasn't, but it was fun, and I did figure out how to buy order hall weapons for my felguard as I was trying it out.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It's intriguing and definitely worth checking out :). Other unexpected things show up every expansion, so why not?
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Xota wrote:I'm sorry. If I gave the impression that I thought it was a sure thing, then that error is mine. This is not a "known unsolved secret". They might not be tameable. If you're convinced that they're untameable, then whatever convinced you, I didn't find convincing. I am not asking anyone else to keep an eye open, unless they're so inclined.

I have fun testing limits in the game. I had a lot of fun seeing if I could reach the emerald dreamway portal with a hunter, just to see if it was enabled for them. It wasn't, but it was fun, and I did figure out how to buy order hall weapons for my felguard as I was trying it out.
I wasn't saying it was a worthless effort. And I hope that I am wrong, as I said. It would be great to have those as pets :)
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Blizzard often puts in special dialogue on purpose. Even that guy who ended up doing nothing in the cave in Legion was supposed to be used for the Rhok'Delar appearance. We've also had the Fel wolf go from an aberration to a beast.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

He has varying dialogue depending on class.

To my druid, he said something like... we protect the balance of nature, life and death and so on--"But as a druid, you already know this, don't you? Be welcome in our grove." Something along those lines.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Xota »

I didn't write down the Stele's text, I thought I'd seen somewhere online I could read them, but I can't find it now. So as time permits, I'm copying them out now. This is what I have so far.
Drust Stele: Constructs (near Athair)
<There are many scenes on this stone but three are clear. The Drust are building large, person-shaped constructs in one image. In a second, a peson is killed over the chest of one construct. In a third the stone creature walks into battle, taller than even the Drust.>

Drust Stele: Protectors of the Forest (Ulfar's Den)
<A great bramblebear, possibly a Drust druid, is posed with their head bowed to a massive stag and doe. The deer appear to be blessing the bear or accepting its supplication. The stag's coat was once whitewashed while the doe's was covered with blackene soot.>

Drust Stele: The Circle (Gol Osigr waterfall)
<The weathered cairn depicts a group of Drust in a circle. A horned creature, possibly a stag, possibly something else, is being sacrificed.>
There was one where it listed the Drust's enemies chronologically, which kind of reminded me of the legendary invasions of Ireland. But if it's a clue, then they're drust-sized people/beasts (maybe vrykul?), gnome-sized, Naga, and Kultirans. There's a vrykul wreck off the coast, and the fungarians (possibly troggs) are my best guess for the gnome-sized foes. If there's a Naga presence or wreck in Drustvar, I've missed it.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

WARNING - GRAPHIC CONTENT. MIGHT UPSET SOME

Well they could be tameable since there are real life creatures who look like trees/nature

I saw this
WARNING: Graphic image : https://i.imgur.com/DP3XY2Z.jpg
(Embedded image changed to link by Wain so people can choose if they wish to see it)

The disease is called Cutaneous fibromas. Deer fibromas appear on the skin as hard and round tumors that can be as big as 1 cm in diameter. The tumors are blackish or brown and have a rough textured surface. They do not cause the animal harm unless clumps of fibromas interfere with breathing, eating, or walking This disease is temporary and only lasts about two months, and appears after about 7 weeks after inoculation of the virus (Go wiki :P)

edit because wrong picture.. doh

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig