Can we fix Bee pets please?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Can we fix Bee pets please?

Unread post by Vephriel »

Litlemouse wrote:
Qraljar wrote:It's absurdly jarring, and it's a "once you see it, you can't unsee it." type of deal like with the tarantulas and their idle anim error that, according to Veph, has been there since classic.

Unlike the tarantula idle anim error, however, I feel like there's a good chance of this getting fixed.
What error is that, if I may ask?
Tarantulas have always had one of their chelicera 'snap' back into position after lowering instead of having a smooth animation transition. The fangs close and then one side kind of pops back. I think it was less noticeable in Vanilla because not many people tamed those models or spent a great deal of time looking at them, but if you're ever watching your tarantula from the front it's quite obvious.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Vephriel wrote:
Litlemouse wrote:
Qraljar wrote:It's absurdly jarring, and it's a "once you see it, you can't unsee it." type of deal like with the tarantulas and their idle anim error that, according to Veph, has been there since classic.

Unlike the tarantula idle anim error, however, I feel like there's a good chance of this getting fixed.
What error is that, if I may ask?
Tarantulas have always had one of their chelicera 'snap' back into position after lowering instead of having a smooth animation transition. The fangs close and then one side kind of pops back. I think it was less noticeable in Vanilla because not many people tamed those models or spent a great deal of time looking at them, but if you're ever watching your tarantula from the front it's quite obvious.
Yep. This.

Everyone has different tolerance levels, so they might not mind it as much, but for me, I can't unsee it. It doesn't kill my enjoyment, I still use the new tarantula model a lot, which is a great model. (Just wish they'd alter the pedipalp animations) but I do know it's there and bothers me at times.

You can see it here. The snapping isn't the loop cutting out. That's genuinely how it is. My hypothesis is that the animator in charge accidentally had that movement added into the animation timeline in, I guess Maya? And since the loop cuts at some point, it can't move further upwards and just resets to its original point at the start of the loop. Honestly speaking, I think Blizzard could quite easily fix it if they wanted by just removing the errant keyframe.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I never really saw that before. I can see how that would be aggravating to a degree, but doesn't bother me that much. The bee is a whole other level of messed up though, since it's the entire body jerking around.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Teigan wrote:I never really saw that before. I can see how that would be aggravating to a degree, but doesn't bother me that much. The bee is a whole other level of messed up though, since it's the entire body jerking around.
Yeah, I can get how the tarantula thing won't jar everyone, but I am into 3D art, so it's something that bugs me more than the average person, I guess? Maybe it's a mix of knowing how easy it would be to fix and just the idea that it's there. As I said, though: it hasn't actually kept me from taming and enjoying walking around with a tarantula, so that's something.

The bee thing is on a whole other level and easily, easily noticeable and unavoidable. That's also why I believe it will actually be fixed, unlike the tarantula thing, which hasn't been fixed in over 10 years.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!