Netherbeak availability in BfA

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Erithnis

Netherbeak availability in BfA

Unread post by Erithnis »

Hey guys, quick question. Has anyone of you tried to tame Netherbeak in BfA?

I've been looking for him for like 2 hours at the exact spot people had been finding him in legion. He didn't appear obviously.

Do you think he's been somehow deleted?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Netherbeak availability in BfA

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Might've been tamed recently, you might've been phased, or you may have just constantly missed him. He has a large patrol area and will randomly change directions.
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Zoruaronan »

i got him on my alt
Phantazya
Realm: US - Whisperwind

Unread post by Phantazya »

I have tamed him post 8.0.1. I had a difficult time trying to spot him on my hunter. One because I am on a highly populated shared realm and two tracking hidden doesn't, to me, seem to pick it up like tracking beasts, etc. would be. So, I used my demon hunter to spot him with his ability to see hidden as one person's video showed and if you don't have a demon hunter of your own hopefully you have a friend that does. I also had to go into warmode because he wasn't up in non-warmode. Sat my Demon Hunter right on top of the tower on the hill he is supposed to be at and used his sight to locate it. I could not find his true path on wowhead or any video and it seemed like several times he or I were phased as I could not locate him then used the sight again a min or two later and could. But he will show up right over your head on the tower which takes some maneuvering your view to see it. In front of you towards the stream between Azshara and Val'sharah and also spotted him flying at a great distance out, facing in the direction of the Eye of Azshara. Once I did spot him in the direction of the Eye, I hovered over the tower just above the emblem on top of it. Waited and eventually he patted right into me and then just landed on the top of the tower. He still hit like a truck at 118 so I had to pop turtle and still almost died because the tame finished with my health at 8%.

If you have gotten him, grats if not, I hope this information helps.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

I just tamed it earlier this week. Even at 120, Track Beast and Track Hidden will NOT help...it's stealth is that good. (I always have Track Hidden running regardless.) It also killed me the first time I found it. 3/4ths my health just gone while I was trying to pull it to the ground to tame. (I found it out further then the tower.) I didn't stop to look to see if it's level had scaled past 110 or not, but goodness, it hits like a freight train.

Things I noticed when I went checking: Lots of hunters swing by. I never had anyone spawn camp on top of me, thank goodness, but there was always another hunter swinging by to have a look. Having the extra 10 levels over it will not aid you in seeing through it's stealth nor will it help it's blip to show up on the minimap via tracking. If you can see it in it's stealth, it's close enough to aggro, even at 120. It pats slow, still. After dying and getting up to try again, it was a good 3-5 minutes before it actually patted over the tower and aggro'd again. During that time, two other hunters came by and flew through looking. To me, that means it's popular.

Your best bet would be to have someone on a slow RP server snag you over and help you find it. RP servers don't CRZ, so if you got a buddy (or even one of us here would help!) on an RP server, take a day to go have a look!

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma