Taming Dinosaurs - quick question

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Roaneoak
Realm: Mazrigos

Taming Dinosaurs - quick question

Unread post by Roaneoak »

I was in Zandalar the other day and wanted to tame one of the Dinosaurs near Nesingways place. Yes I was in BM spec because I always play BM, I dismissed my faithful companion, checked one of the Direhorns was tamable and then tried to tame it. Message came up saying you can't tame it. Kind of unhelpful until after much searching found an old video about taming Direhorns on Isle of Giants and getting Ancient Tome of Dinomancy. As there are a lot of returning players what do others think about this requirement being updated and the drops being put into BfA Direhorns as well? Or are they and I am missing something?

Second - is there a similar Tome I need to get for the other BfA dino pets they've introduced like Pterrordaxes? Thanks.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Taming Dinosaurs - quick question

Unread post by Valnaaros »

It's possible that you were trying to tame something that wasn't tamable to begin with. Unfortunately, Blizz did not complete the taming pass in Beta and so there is a lot of beasts that cannot be tamed. You can Beast Lore the Direhorn to see if it is one of the untamable ones.

Outside of Direhorns, you don't need the Tome to tame any dinosaurs.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

The only other tomes are the Tome for Feathermanes through the completion of the Hunter Order Hall campaign in Legion content, and the Mechanical tome that engineers provide for mech pets!

Tome of the Hybrid Beast For Feathermanes.

Mecha-bond Imprint Matrix For Mechanicals.

(And for cohesion sake with any other returning hunters looking through the board, The Direhorn Tome mentioned above is the Ancient Tome of Dinomancy )

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I guess it couldn't hurt to add that tome a Zandalari source too!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

That would honestly be a good Revered reward if people are having issues getting it to drop from Isle of Giants or just don't even know about it. Seeing it on the vendor would at least let people know it's required for Direhorns.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Roaneoak
Realm: Mazrigos

Unread post by Roaneoak »

Thanks for help people