(deleted)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 9:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Setanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terrokar, Dentarg, Alexstrasza

Re: The Optimal Pet Loadout: Battle for Pet Slots Edition

Unread post by Setanta »

I went Spirit Beast, Raptor, Bat, Scalehide, Silithid. I base which pet I have out on what the content is, and if I'm in a group with other hunters and what pets they may be using.

Sargman (Void Elf) Terokkar
Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg
Untamabull (Tauren) Area 52
Sargmar (Blood Elf) Alexstrasza

If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks for your analysis, Slapper :) That's quite interesting. I admit that the last time I thought about it heavily was when I created the pet abilities / specs pages (and a feedback post on the official forum about inconsistencies in them). I'm not a cutting-edge raider or hard-core pvper, so I tend to pick what makes me happy. However I have noticed that even while questing some pets are much, much squishier than others and I have ended up using a krolusk and a wolf more than any others, as they seem to be better at keeping me from dying.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Spirit Mend restores 70-80% of player HP? Seriously? I need to look at Spirit Beasts again.
Elynix
Realm: Kirin Tor US

Unread post by Elynix »

Slapperfish wrote: - Scalehide (Ferocity): The ultimate AoE tanking pet for solo content. While Clefthoof is much better for BM, Scalehides are useable in every spec, and their defensive ability is only on a 1 minute cooldown, allowing you to kill large groups of enemies more often without sacrificing another pet slot. The added Leech is amazing when Beast Cleave and is in effect, and their health shoots up dramatically once they pop Scale Shield.
I must be SO out of touch with my hunter... I cannot for the life of me, have my pets do AoE Tanking. They can tank a single mob. One. Only. Never more, they lose aggro or if I manage to get them to keep aggro they die, like sacks.

Save me. I love my hunters but this alone is killing them for me.
Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Setanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terrokar, Dentarg, Alexstrasza

Unread post by Setanta »

Gonya wrote:
Slapperfish wrote: - Scalehide (Ferocity): The ultimate AoE tanking pet for solo content. While Clefthoof is much better for BM, Scalehides are useable in every spec, and their defensive ability is only on a 1 minute cooldown, allowing you to kill large groups of enemies more often without sacrificing another pet slot. The added Leech is amazing when Beast Cleave and is in effect, and their health shoots up dramatically once they pop Scale Shield.
I must be SO out of touch with my hunter... I cannot for the life of me, have my pets do AoE Tanking. They can tank a single mob. One. Only. Never more, they lose aggro or if I manage to get them to keep aggro they die, like sacks.

Save me. I love my hunters but this alone is killing them for me.
Part of that is because with BfA they removed Thunderstomp as an AoE agro grab ability for pets. Stomp doesn't grab as much agro when using Barbed Shot as Thunderstomp did.

Sargman (Void Elf) Terokkar
Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg
Untamabull (Tauren) Area 52
Sargmar (Blood Elf) Alexstrasza

If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.