Glyph of Lesser Proportion mechanics (BfA)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Nanluin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shadow Council

Glyph of Lesser Proportion mechanics (BfA)

Unread post by Nanluin »

Greetings,

I've been experimenting with the Glyph of Lesser Proportion, with the intention of reducing the size of my big 'stompy' (Devilsaur, Corehound) or big 'flappy' (Chimaera, Classic Hippogryph) pets only. That is, I wanted the glyph to apply to specific pets only. This is NOT how the glyph works, however, and both the tool-tip and the way in which the glyph is applied and removed (with Vanishing Powder) is quite misleading.

The graphic that is shown for applying/removing this glyph makes it look as if you are either applying it to the pet in Slot 1 of your Active Pet list (Call Pet list), accessed through the Spellbook, or to only Slot 1 of your Active Pet list:

However, this glyph is ACTUALLY being applied to your entire Active Pet list (Call Pet list), regardless of what pets are in this list or what slot (Slot 1-5) they are in. Note that if you are using the Animal Companion talent, this glyph will NOT apply to your companion pet, which comes from Slot 1 in your Stable, not your Active Pet list.

Here are a couple of examples, showing a pet from the Active Pet list (Slots 2 and 3) and an Animal Companion:

Glyph of Lesser Proportion, applied to a Manasaber (on the right), as compared to an Animal Companion manasaber:

Glyph of Lesser Proportion, applied to a Classic Hippogryph (on the left), as compared to an Animal Companion classic hippogryph:

Essentially, this is the same glyph as the one that was available back in a much earlier expansion (when Hunters could apply three Major and three Minor glyphs to themselves via a glyph panel). The only difference is that now this glyph is applied to the Active Pet list (Call Pet list), despite its having a VERY misleading application/removal graphic and tooltip (which indicates that the glyph is only active on the pet in Slot 1 -- this is wrong).

-- Nanluin