Frog from RFK broken?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Breesah
Realm: Zul´jin

Frog from RFK broken?

Unread post by Breesah »

Hello all, petopia has always been my source of all things hunter, but I decided to make an account for the forums bc I need to report a weird "bug" and check if it´s a "only me" problem.
I´ve been playing the class since LK and decided to make it my main on BFA, but my main´s server is pretty much dead, so I created a highmountain baby hunter on another server.
While I was on RFK (Razorfen Kraul) I thought it would be fun to tame a frog, since I didn´t have one in my collection, that´s when things started to get weird.
I have been kicked or called names on several randoms because the frog kept taunting, even tho he was on passive mode and with growl turned off (it´s automatically turned off anyway).
I had to see for myself and I couldn´t believe, the damn frog was indeed taunting even with everything being turned off.
IDK if it is a frog thing, or it was the RFK model specifically that was bugged out, but if anyone has anything to report, or just wanna try it out, yeah, this damn frog will make people call you huntard just like the old times.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Frog from RFK broken?

Unread post by Rawr »

So while leveling I've had this problem, when you level Taunt turns on but doesn't show, you need to turn it on then off again and it should be fine till you level again. :mrgreen:

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: Frog from RFK broken?

Unread post by Maizou »

I've noticed that pets will randomly taunt certain mobs in dungeons regardless of taunt settings. I'm not sure what triggers it either.

I was doing Mythic +2 Kings Rest with another hunter, and both of our pets were constantly taunting the Berserkers in the dungeon even though we both had our growl disabled.

Our tank didn't mind because the Berserker DoT is actually really strong, so it was less for him to worry about, but it was really annoying having to res our pets.

It might be programmed to auto-growl even if disabled to taunt off of you if you get attacked for too long or something (as the berserkers have a habit of attacking other party members occasionally), which might be happening with you.