Pet sounds

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
somnomania
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Pet sounds

Unread post by somnomania »

I'm noticing as I move outside of my main hunter and tame things on newer ones that almost none of the animals that were added or had a model change at BFA launch make idle sounds. My main went through 110-120 with a hyena that I never heard make any noise except on death, and I just made a new orc and was going to go with a bear for her because why would I have a second wolf-oriented hunter, but the bear has yet to make noise either. She also has a carrion bird that hasn't made noise. Without going around and taming a ton of things, the only animals I can confirm do make lots of nice idle noises are the Draenor model wolves. Has anyone else noticed this? I was super excited to get a gorgeous new hyena, but it was such a bummer that it didn't at least make the whooping noise or the giggle on attack start. :(
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: Pet sounds

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Oh man, I released my hyena because I really didn't like the new model, but they've lost their yip too? That's so sad.
mpd_84
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by mpd_84 »

The old hippogryph model mounts/pets sound weird now. I had to stop using them because they hurt my ears. The zhevera seem to have gotten their sound files swapped around the time the legion unicorns were added too.
Elynix
Realm: Kirin Tor US

Unread post by Elynix »

I've noticed a ton of pets (Old and new) have lost their idle sounds. I've spent more time taming and abandoning pets looking for idle sounds than I have in leveling my newest hunter. :(
I find it oddly immersion breaking that my pets are silent. Even though there's an option in the sound settings to turn off Pet Idle Animations, Blizz still seems to have removed all the sounds because of complaints.
somnomania
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by somnomania »

Yeah. My newest hunter has two different carrion birds and neither of them makes any noise, except in combat. The Draenor model wolf she started with is the only thing that makes idle noise, same for my main.
Elynix
Realm: Kirin Tor US

Unread post by Elynix »

I discovered a frog that makes idle noises, it made me so dang happy I cried. :|
Ogthetrog

Unread post by Ogthetrog »

I've actually been no-warning kicked from a couple dungeons due to my tallstrider's 'KREE' attack noise.
Glassdragon
Realm: US - Stormrage

Unread post by Glassdragon »

Ogthetrog wrote:I've actually been no-warning kicked from a couple dungeons due to my tallstrider's 'KREE' attack noise.
Oh man, back in the day that was the worst.... every hunter hitting growl/attack on friendly targets to force their tallstriders to make that noise and spamming it!

But as for the other sounds, you should see if you can add them back in client side. I know that I have been using the cat "Yawn Silencer" ever since they changed it, in BC I think, but I would imagine that you can also add sounds back in. Since they are client side, they wouldn't be bothering anyone either.
mpd_84 wrote:The old hippogryph model mounts/pets sound weird now. I had to stop using them because they hurt my ears. The zhevera seem to have gotten their sound files swapped around the time the legion unicorns were added too.
Same with the new Hippogryphs sounds, which I also can't stand. I think there are a few models that still use the old sounds. Just have to replace the ones you don't like in your folder with the ones you prefer.
Tonywow
Realm: Aerie Peak/Aerea 52/Gilneas

Unread post by Tonywow »

I was very upset to find out the removed the cool sounds hyenas made. Had stopped playing After Mists and came back. Really upsetting, then to find out they've removed almost all pet idle sounds.

I've noticed most pets still make sounds in melee range, just sucks that you can't typically hear them yard away for ranged DPS. I noticed for hyenas you hear the cool yelp upon death, but while fighting in melee range you just hear a disappointing growl of sorts. It could be mistaken with growls of several other pets and isn't even over distinctive to a hyena. BFA has really taken quite a bit of flavor away from our pets :/