Worst Pet Famliy

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Worst Pet Famliy

Unread post by Zoruaronan »

This will include Models,Colors,Ability,Spec.

My worst pet is Shale spiders. first there in the cunning family which doesn't help when your abilities feel like something a tenacity pet should have.
Second Not enough models. This family has a whopping 4 which is pretty bad hell sporebats are beating them also why is'int there a blue one missed opportunity
for this expansion.
Third there abilities. Like i said in the first graph they have abilities suited more for a tank pet and the magic damage reduce is useless there just worse krolusk.
And finally fourth. THERE BARLEY USED! WHATS THE POINT OF MAKING THEM IF THEY RARELY GET USED IN COMBAT OR AS MOBS THERES NO POINT!
IF YOU JUST MADE THEM FOR CATACLYSM THEN WHATS THE POINT!
Sigh sorry for that just there so useless there is one redeeming quality. THEY CUTE AS HELLLLLLLLLL!!!!
But other than that they have bad abilities,bad colors,bad spec and barely used at all.
Heres how we can fix the family. First lets give them some new colors Blue,Teal,White and Black. Second Lets get rid of that magic reduce and make a reflect ability.
Crystal Body. Has a 10% to reflect 50% of the damage given to him. The percent to reflect gets higher by 1% Every time it loses 5% of its health.
What do you think #makeshalespidersgreatagain
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Worst Pet Famliy

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I agree that they should do more with Shale Spiders. More color options would be great :)

I like that ability concept, though I can see it being used to easily down certain bosses that have very powerful attacks/spells.
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

What if i reduced it to 20% of damage
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

That might work better :)
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Anyway what your least favorite pet
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

My least favourite pet families are Gorillas and Monkeys, personally. I just don't like their models at all and I'll probably never tame one.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Spirit beasts. I've never liked them and I doubt I ever will.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

cowmuflage wrote:Spirit beasts. I've never liked them and I doubt I ever will.
I like the looks of a number of spirit beasts, but I actually wish they didn't exist as a family. I'd prefer they were split up and made special variants (with extra powers) in the family their model is derived from. Currently they have abilities as if they were all cats, simply because Loqe was the first, which is silly for a ghost moose. So,, for example, I'd like to see the spirit moose placed in the Stag family - with stag traits - but have a special spirit beast flag that means it gives healing or something.

As for my least favourite family - probably goats and monkeys. Neither really does it for me, but I don't think anything's wrong with them, it's purely a personal preference thing.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

My least favorite are mechanicals, shale spiders, and spirit beasts. I think Blizzard should have stayed with living animals--those families don't feel hunter-y to me.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

I'm extra bitter about Spirit Beasts being a thing.
In BC, I was able to tame a Grimtotem spirit guide, which cost me a lot of time and gold to get everything working the way I needed it to.
Then suddenly spirit beats show up. Okay. Fine. That's not terrible-- OH WAIT HERE'S ANOTHER SPIRIT WOLF THAT LOOKS THE EXACT SAME AS YOUR GRIMTOTEM SPIRIT GUIDE BUT ITS BETTER THAN YOYURS LOL JOKES ON YOOOOU.
If they had just given it a slightly different color, It wouldn't have been such a slap in the face :C I know I can't be a special snowflake.. But dang did I put a lot of effort to get that Grimtotem Spirit Guide, only for it to just become something worthless :C

Siggy under construction!

Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

its still worth a lot cuz you cant get a spirit wolf thats a wolf not spirit beast