Molten Front Rares

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
reegle_p

Molten Front Rares

Unread post by reegle_p »

Hey made an account here because ive been using the site for years for pet collecting but ive hit a issue, the rares in the molten front i have not seen since i unlocked it on my lightforged, i have done the two 150 mark quests plus the 125 for the ancients, this continues on my old Hunter who has a fully unlocked molten front on another server even. But ive yet to see a player or rare spawn since that time around 2 months ago i even went out of my way to camp today since the EU realms came back up but still nothing! does anyone else have this issue where theres no rares or players in either warmode or not inside the molten front?

EDIT: Forgot to mention i have been told by a GM that it not phasing related
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Re: Molten Front Rares

Unread post by Thwip »

Hey! I just wanted to let you know that it's not just you! I tried looking on three separate RP servers that do not CRZ with Normal realms just tonight and there was not a single rare up. I think it's mostly due to busy CRZ sets where people come in and get the rares or kill them and then leave. Then we also have had a rise in people phasing over to RP realms to help other players find those same rares. If you are playing on Normal realms you are going to run into this issue often. However, I've noted that it's also extending to RP realms currently. Just keep trying or get some friends who can help you look on various servers!

I also want to note that I am on US servers. So it's not an EU issue alone.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Elynix
Realm: Kirin Tor US

Unread post by Elynix »

I've noticed the same thing and I'm on a pretty dead RP server, I'd been checking the rares whenever I was in the area in case someone was looking for them, I've yet to see any. :/

Hopefully you start seeing them soon.
Mynyn
Realm: Argent Dawn

Skarr Larkin & all the rare spiders in Molten Front

Unread post by Mynyn »

Hello, can anybody enlighten me as to whether it is still possible or not to tame the named rare beasts in the Molten Front in the latest expansion BFA. Will they only show under certain circumstances or is it some sort of phasing issue? I have been doing the dailies and have completed the two 150 mark quests, I am currently carrying on doing the same plus some new extra dailies hoping it will make them show. Any help gladly accepted and please accept my apologies if I have overlooked something obvious! ;) Have a great day and thanks for looking my problem over. :)
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Skarr Larkin & all the rare spiders in Molten Front

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hmm, it seems this is a common issue, we also had another thread pop-up on it recently:
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25839

I went to take a look myself and none of the rares were up, on the character that I know has unlocked everything (and tamed Deth'tilac on the first day the Front opened)

I wonder if there's a deeper issue involved that hasn't been reported yet. D:
floutsy
Realm: Hyjal/Moon Guard/Dalaran/WRA

Unread post by floutsy »

Mynyn wrote:Hello, can anybody enlighten me as to whether it is still possible or not to tame the named rare beasts in the Molten Front in the latest expansion BFA. Will they only show under certain circumstances or is it some sort of phasing issue? I have been doing the dailies and have completed the two 150 mark quests, I am currently carrying on doing the same plus some new extra dailies hoping it will make them show. Any help gladly accepted and please accept my apologies if I have overlooked something obvious! ;) Have a great day and thanks for looking my problem over. :)
I joined just to tell you I am having the same issues. I have completed this years ago and am seeing no rares at all inside Molten Front but have been able to tame all in Hyjal outside.

A couple of things

All quests for Molten Front are showing as completed in wowhead for this toon on their quest tracker, plus I remember doing it back then as it was my dps raiding main
I have faction changed three times back and forth since then
I have tried to find the rares with both war mode on and war mode off, in groups, and solo

Not sure if any of that is a factor
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I’ve never seen them either. Not that I’ve been looking religiously but they were never there when I checked. I assumed I was just unlucky. But at least one should be up at any given time, at least on the PTR where there aren’t many people.

It sounds like it’s worth reporting.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've merged the two topics :)

I looked at all the MF rares on Wowhead and there's a few comments that mentioned seeing / taming them in BfA. Not many, but a few. So they do still exist!

Perhaps their spawn times are just extra long now, or perhaps there's some weird new phasing. My characters had completed all of Molten Front back in Cata and I haven't seen any of the rares when I've looked. I haven't been camping them, or looking a lot, though, so I may have missed them.

To try to work this out, it would be handy if you could post the following info about the character you've used to look for MF rares, if you haven't already, thanks!:
- faction
- level
- stage of MF quest advancement / phasing (have you completed all of the MF story?)
- expansion when you last advanced MF quests (e.g. did you complete it back in Cataclysm?)

My hunter is Horde, 120, and completed all of MF during Cataclysm. He hasn't seen a rare this expansion even though he's looked, and not even on the PTR.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
floutsy

Unread post by floutsy »

Wain wrote:I've merged the two topics :)

I looked at all the MF rares on Wowhead and there's a few comments that mentioned seeing / taming them in BfA. Not many, but a few. So they do still exist!

Perhaps their spawn times are just extra long now, or perhaps there's some weird new phasing. My characters had completed all of Molten Front back in Cata and I haven't seen any of the rares when I've looked. I haven't been camping them, or looking a lot, though, so I may have missed them.

To try to work this out, it would be handy if you could post the following info about the character you've used to look for MF rares, if you haven't already, thanks!:
- faction
- level
- stage of MF quest advancement / phasing (have you completed all of the MF story?)
- expansion when you last advanced MF quests (e.g. did you complete it back in Cataclysm?)

My hunter is Horde, 120, and completed all of MF during Cataclysm. He hasn't seen a rare this expansion even though he's looked, and not even on the PTR.

I had posted earlier but for clarity and data's sake here is my situation

Faction: Alliance, Human
Level: 110
Stage and Expansion completed: Completed the entire Molten front as ALLIANCE during Cataclysm. (I swapped to horde for a few years, and last month, BACK to Alliance)

I can't remember if I looked for them when I was a blood elf :( Oh, and thank you for merging topics, will be good to gather all info.
Vephriel

Went to take a look just now:
- faction: Horde
- level: 120
- stage of MF quest advancement / phasing: Fully completed
- expansion when you last advanced MF quests: Completed in Cataclysm, server-first tame of Deth'tilac back in the day

I can't seem to find a single rare up on the Molten Front. :( Surely it can't be that busy of a place these days. Something might be broken...
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Hunter #1

- Alliance
- complete
- MoP, and not sure if I was still Horde or had switched back to Alliance by then
- Proudmoore
- WM off

Saw Kirix and Death'tilac up

Hunter #2

- Alliance
- partially complete
- not sure
- Earthen Ring
- WM off

No rares at all, which is extremely odd for this server. I can count on rares being there, normally, as it's a low pop rp server. Ban'thalos and Ankha were there, as always, but inside the Molten Front, nothing. Unless someone JUST did a clean sweep of the Molten Front, something's not quite right. I'll check on this character again tomorrow.
Also, I'm reasonably sure that I found rares on this character during BFA at some point, because she's my rare getter for people. I recall getting Karkin and Skarr for someone, and I'm pretty sure it was during BFA?
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Just went there to do the dailies and though spiders aren't up the lost emberspit was not sure if it is a rare so to speak but it was there.
Noguchi
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether

Unread post by Noguchi »

Just joined up and started running into this issue and thought i would share my experiences.

I had 2 Horde hunters previously who already had Skarr and Karkin so they are kind of irrelevant here. But about 2 months back i had a Alliance hunter who after doing the Mount Hyjal quests and opening up the front i was able to see the spiders as well as Skarr and Karkin. Thus, i was able to tame those puppies on a low pop server that im on.

However, about a week ago i started another horde hunter on a different RP realm and while the rares outside of the front pop up often the ones inside do not and i have waited a few hours to see if anything remotely pops up to no avail. Normally i would see Kirix or something but even he isnt up there either.

Its possible people are phase jumping but considering how low the activity is on the realms im on i think its some sort of glitch. Even possible its a glitch with the latest patches as because just a couple of months ago my Ally hunter had zero problems seeing and taming the rares inside.

Anyway, thats my 2 cents via some trouble shooting i was doing of my own.
Vephriel

This post might have some relevant info:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26201
Noguchi
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Noguchi »

Thanks for that Vephriel.
Noguchi
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Noguchi »

So for the time being while im waiting for Blizzard to figure out why the rares dont show up on my low pop realm for this zone im relegated to phasing using another character on another realm. So i was able to grab Karkin and somehow managed to tame Kirix by myself which was interesting. Wasnt sure if i was going to be able to do it but it did work. I may have to come up with some other ways to try and get the other spiders here that dont require me getting my ass beat. Lol
Noguchi
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Noguchi »

Got bored and decided to try out the theory ran by the other guy and it seems he is correct in terms of the rares showing up. When i came into the Molten Front there wasnt a rare to be seen and it had been this way for a few days although i had not stayed very long. Today i decided to camp for a while to test his theory and after about 3 hours Kirix, Skitterflame, and Karkin showed up.

So it would seem that yes if there is no one passing through the zone longer than 15 minutes the whole zone resets. Once someone stays in the zone it initiates all the rares although im waiting to see if the 3 other spiders show up and Skarr.
Noguchi
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Noguchi »

Update and confirmation:

Ive been testing the issue regarding the rares showing up in the Molten Front. There was someone who said that if the area is not active with players the rares are removed and reset basically.

So as im on a RP server i wanted to test this theory and it is correct. In order to get the rares to spawn you have to be in the zone and basically camping for the minimum of 3-4 hours depending on the rare you are looking for.

Tonight after the 3rd or so hour Kirix, Skitterflame, and Karkin all spawned. Ive been waiting for Skarr as i want to tame him for a 2nd time and even though after 9 hours he hasnt spawned Karkin has spawned at least 3 times during that stretch.

Also, after the 9 hours ive done the rest of the spiders Deth’talic, Anthriss, and Solix all spawned as well. Now should i leave the zone for more than 15 minutes without any other player inside of the zone it will most likely reset and the rares would disappear until another player sits in the zone.

Hopefully this helps for those who were curious about why they are not seeing the rares on certain servers, etc. Obviously on the busier servers its possible that other hunters are taming them as competition.
reegle_p

Unread post by reegle_p »

OP here, i forgot i made this thread honestly but im just back to give an update, so soon after getting my flameward hippogryph and fully unlocking the molten front on my lightforged i put a day aside and waited for several hours at Deth'tilac and low and behold after around maybe 8-12 hours (i forget, sorry) Deth'tilac finally spawned and not only that, every other spider was up as well as the cat. I tested this again on my hunter on another server, this time in warmode with the same result. This was before patch 8.3 mind you but i can't see how it would be different from 8.2, good luck on that tames.
floutsy

Unread post by floutsy »

Noguchi wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:52 am Update and confirmation:

Ive been testing the issue regarding the rares showing up in the Molten Front. There was someone who said that if the area is not active with players the rares are removed and reset basically.

So as im on a RP server i wanted to test this theory and it is correct. In order to get the rares to spawn you have to be in the zone and basically camping for the minimum of 3-4 hours depending on the rare you are looking for.

Tonight after the 3rd or so hour Kirix, Skitterflame, and Karkin all spawned. Ive been waiting for Skarr as i want to tame him for a 2nd time and even though after 9 hours he hasnt spawned Karkin has spawned at least 3 times during that stretch.

Also, after the 9 hours ive done the rest of the spiders Deth’talic, Anthriss, and Solix all spawned as well. Now should i leave the zone for more than 15 minutes without any other player inside of the zone it will most likely reset and the rares would disappear until another player sits in the zone.

Hopefully this helps for those who were curious about why they are not seeing the rares on certain servers, etc. Obviously on the busier servers its possible that other hunters are taming them as competition.
I am happy to report that 18 months after my initial post, using this strategy above, I was finally able to tame Skarr. Thank you so much to everyone who posted their experiences.