WoW Petopia Community

A fun place to chat about hunter pets in the World of Warcraft.
Visit the Petopia homepage Petopia Homepage
It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Forum Rules: Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete rules.




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:44 am
Posts: 1
Realm: Lethon US
I have a quick comment on rare elites (such as Loque, Gondria, Skoll, and the new Arcturius)...I feel that these tames usually take a serious investment of ingame time that they should have accentuated stats that make a BM that tames them have an edge (albeit a small one) over a BM hunter with an elite pet. It can sometimes take weeks to tame one of these bad boys and there should be a benefit to that time spent other than just the occasional "cool pet" from other players. I find it weak that the best raid pet right now is a wolf...if the stats on Skoll were bumped up, every raiding BM would be camping up in the Storm Peaks to try to tame him (as I believe should really be the case). Maybe give the rare spawns (2) special abilities instead of just (1)?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:52 pm
Posts: 38
Realm: Kul Tiras
Blizzard isn't going to make the Spirit Beasts better than other exotics, I'm afraid. There's usually suggestions to do so and their response is usually "we don't want them to be the only choice for BM hunters since speccing BM should give a player more choices for pets (ideally) and not less; there is no advantage to having a wider spectrum of pets to choose from if there is only one right choice."

I know I would love to tame Skoll, but if I was pressured into taming it by other players and then spending the boring amount of time to do so, I would not be a happy camper. I already get people who are offended that I don't always use a wolf in random 5-mans.

_________________
http://www.formspring.me/ZahkDarkspear


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:01 pm 
Offline
Guild Master
Guild Master

Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:38 pm
Posts: 3485
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Gender: Wink wink.
wyndigo wrote:
"we don't want them to be the only choice for BM hunters since speccing BM should give a player more choices for pets (ideally) and not less; there is no advantage to having a wider spectrum of pets to choose from if there is only one right choice."

I already get people who are offended that I don't always use a wolf in random 5-mans.

Blizzard's logic seems to not be so... logical.

_________________

Image



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:57 pm
Posts: 4
Realm: Cenarion Circle
Exotic pets look better than most regular pets imo. But I would prerfer Survival over Beastmastery in most cases. It's a preference trade off really.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:46 pm 
Offline
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:30 pm
Posts: 225
Location: Arizona
Realm: Stormreaver
Gender: Male
Sunsorrow wrote:
Exotic pets look better than most regular pets imo. But I would prerfer Survival over Beastmastery in lmost cases. It's a preference trade off really.


I think that may be due to the fact that hunters tend to have more shot options as survival. Kinda gives you more of a feeling of control


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:03 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
Posts: 14062
Location: Thedas
Realm: Dethecus
swimgremlin wrote:
Sunsorrow wrote:
Exotic pets look better than most regular pets imo. But I would prerfer Survival over Beastmastery in lmost cases. It's a preference trade off really.


I think that may be due to the fact that hunters tend to have more shot options as survival. Kinda gives you more of a feeling of control


Try marks. Even more shots, even more control and mobility! :o

_________________

Image
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:52 pm
Posts: 38
Realm: Kul Tiras
Ryno wrote:
wyndigo wrote:
"we don't want them to be the only choice for BM hunters since speccing BM should give a player more choices for pets (ideally) and not less; there is no advantage to having a wider spectrum of pets to choose from if there is only one right choice."

I already get people who are offended that I don't always use a wolf in random 5-mans.

Blizzard's logic seems to not be so... logical.


Tis true. Blizz hasn't put it into practice very well. However, everyone can get a wolf, but nabbing a spirit beast is part luck. I think they even mentioned they wanted to nerf wolves this patch, but didn't because it was too big a nerf for hunters overall.

_________________
http://www.formspring.me/ZahkDarkspear


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:57 pm 
Offline
Guild Master
Guild Master

Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:38 pm
Posts: 3485
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Gender: Wink wink.
wyndigo wrote:
I think they even mentioned they wanted to nerf wolves this patch, but didn't because it was too big a nerf for hunters overall.

Yeah, I remember reading that. Kinda funny. My money is on that Blizz will fix all current problems with pet DPS and such when Cata rolls out. The new focus system will be interesting.

_________________

Image



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group