Trying to get me a Ghost Saber and suddenly...

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Trying to get me a Ghost Saber and suddenly...

Unread post by Karathyriel »

This thread would belong into several forums but I decided to put it right here.

I have a troll hunter (level 50) wich I thought I could use to check out the Ghost Saber, from which I heard so much but never ever saw it ingame.

Ronkena, the troll, jumped to the back of his swift raptor, dug his heels into the beasts rips and sped off to go to darkshore, home of the so abhorred Nightelves, where the Ghost Sabre was rumoured to be lingering to defend the Cat Figurines that still lay in the Ruins of Mathystra, that now gave home to some Nagas.
As soon as the troll started to look around nervously when he entered enemy territory, he didn't believe his eyes, as he saw a creature he had expected everywhere in this world but not here. There was a polar bear, right on the side of the road through darkshore.

Realizing that the beast was rather young, he carefully stepped of his raptors back and carefully got closer to the blinding white bear.
He sat down, admiring the beast, studying his movements and wondering, where it may have come from. All the other bears were gray or brown. Someone must have set the bear free here or this was some kind of a silly joke of mother nature.

Image Image

Since he left Otumuri, his crocilisk in the trusting hands of the petkeeper in Orgrimmar, he carefully tried to get closer, luring the bear with some tasty treat but the beasts reaction was so furious, so full of anger that he abandoned all thought of taming the beauty immediately.

He suddenly realised some kind of collar, made from leather dyed blue and with the alliance symbol dangling from it. Whatever this animal was doing here, it clearly belonged to the alliance and was probably trained to attack trolls, orcs and the other races that formed the horde. At least, that was what the fierce reaction to Ronkenas attempt to go near it suggested.

Sighing sadly, he climbed back on his faithful raptor and, looking back at the lonely bear, went of to find the Ruins of Mathystra, his intentional destination, but not without marking the spot on his well-worn old leather map of Kalimdor.

Attachments
onmount.jpg
view1.jpg
view2.jpg
Last edited by Karathyriel on Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Trying to get me a Ghost Saber and suddenly...

Unread post by Mania »

Every time I run by there I try to tame Grimclaw, just in case ...
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

more pics
Attachments
face-to-face.jpg
nametag.jpg
nametag.jpg (8.83 KiB) Viewed 2987 times
map.jpg
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Aww, I remember Grimclaw from waaayy back on my Alliance character. :) I always liked that quest since he was worried for his master. It was full of hunter warm-fuzzies. ^^

(And names always sound so much more epic in German xD)
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Oh, then you guys know of him?

Damned, I thought I found something here because...

...he's not mentioned in Petopia!

Oh, and in case you wondered...

Yeah, I got me a ghost saber and I called him "Ariel" wich means "The Lion of God" in hebrew.
Attachments
withAriel.jpg
website.jpg
Last edited by Karathyriel on Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vephriel

Congrats for the Ghostsaber tame! :D

I'm surprised that Grimclaw isn't listed on the Petopia page actually, I never noticed that before. Yes, I know of him mainly from when I had a Night Elf. He's part of a quest chain where his master is injured in a cave I believe, and you have to go talk to the bear because he's worried about his master and wants you to help him. It's very sweet.

http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=3695
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Argh! I could have sworn I had Grimclaw on there. Sorry about that. :) But thanks for bringing that lapse to my attention!
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Oh well...

So I wrote this little story about my troll hunter just because you forgot to put Grimclaw in your databse?

*deep, deep sigh*

I should have known that there is no hope on finding something so obious that Petopia might have missed.
But it was the alliance tag that made me curious in the first place.
So there are now two beasts who belong o a faction:
The owl who belongs to the Circle of Cenarius and this little fellow.
Vephriel

Aw, I liked the story! ^^ Regardless of why it was written, I'm sure you had fun with your discovery and made a neat backstory, and that's all that matters in my opinion. :D
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Vephriel wrote:Congrats for the Ghostsaber tame! :D
You might call him a vanity pet, as Ronkena is worshipping the loa Ula'tek and therefore only likes reptiles.

He rides a raptor, always has one of 3 different petsnakes out and his hunter pet is a crocilisk.
Vephriel

Hee, I almost went that route with my Troll hunter also. :) But then I wanted a zombie bear, and I had to tame Humar, and I really want a red hyena...so the 'reptile-only' sort of fizzled out. xD
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Won't happen with Ronkena. The Ghost Saber is only his second pet and, as soon as I was back to Orgrimmar, put to the stablemaster so I could get Otumuri back.
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

*I* thought you wrote the story to show off your writing ability. :)
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I'm not sure that I have such a thing, Mania.

I write sometimes but only for myself. Only the character background of a few of my toons were published in the guild forum.

And I would never assume to be able to write a good story in a language that isn't my native language, anyway.
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Karathyriel wrote:Oh well...

So I wrote this little story about my troll hunter just because you forgot to put Grimclaw in your databse?

*deep, deep sigh*

I should have known that there is no hope on finding something so obious that Petopia might have missed.
But it was the alliance tag that made me curious in the first place.
So there are now two beasts who belong o a faction:
The owl who belongs to the Circle of Cenarius and this little fellow.
An ally quest explains why Grimclaw is there/Why is is tagged untameable/why he is an ally faction beast. Having leveled up several alts over the few years ally side, in darkshore I can tell you it's because Grimclaw is owned by a night elf hunter who was captured by furbolgs. But Grimclaw is unable to go save his master himself- either he was told to stay or he knows he would get into trouble and not help out his master at anyrate.

But I believe it was he was told to stay- as the furbolg in ashenvale captured a tauren drood who shifted into a bear. But I think this also has ties to Northrend as there are the bear demigods, the brother/sister pair who are children of one of the dead bears the furbolg worship and yeah to end the ramble.

He has an owner, it's why he's untameable. He's also part of a quest/is needed for a quest. So while killable, he remains untameable.
Vephriel

Karathyriel wrote: And I would never assume to be able to write a good story in a language that isn't my native language, anyway.
You know, I constantly forget that English isn't your first language....you're so fluent I'd never be able to tell if you hadn't said it yourself.
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Vephriel wrote:You know, I constantly forget that English isn't your first language....you're so fluent I'd never be able to tell if you hadn't said it yourself.
*nod* Same here.
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Vephriel wrote:You know, I constantly forget that English isn't your first language....you're so fluent I'd never be able to tell if you hadn't said it yourself.
I won't try and tell you that I'm not aware of my English not being rather good, compared to other europeans (Except the british people, of course! :lol:)

But you, as an american, taking me as a native speaker? You must be kidding!

Although I remeber a games fair I worked at for a friend of mine who publishes role playing games (pen & paper) and other stuff like table tops and board games and such. He asked me if I could help him out, since he had two guys from Gale Force Nine (Tabletop accessories, USA) and two guys from Urban Mammoth (Tabletop games, Scotland) over for the fair and I, speaking a rather good english, was supposed to take care of them in the evening, when we went out for dinner or to translate for them when we were on the fair.
While we had dinner the first night and the waitress was taking our orders, I asked everyone what they wanted and ordered. In german, naturally. When I placed the order, one of the scottish guys eyed me suspiciously and I asked him what was wrong. He asked me where I'd learn to speak such a, obviously, fluent german. I reminded him that I was translating for him all day and everyone laughed at him.

I took it as a compliment that he took me as one of the americans. He said I sounded like one. :lol:
Vephriel

Well, technically I'm Canadian, haha, but yes....I'd say you could fool anyone. :3
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Canada, USA... The moose are the only difference... :lol: