New hunter question

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Gygax
Realm: Shandris

New hunter question

Unread post by Gygax »

I just started playing a Hunter & my current pet is a Raptor that i tamed just outside of Orgrimmar, My question is are the Raptors in the Barrens any better stat-wise than the Durotar raptors, Do they do more damage or have higher stamina or should i just stay with the one i have?
Saturo

Re: New hunter question

Unread post by Saturo »

All pets are equal, as long as they have the same family. So no, both raptors are identical , except for possible skins.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Yeah, the pets are equal except for appearance. The only difference you find is if you specced them differently; depending on what points you put where, your raptor could have more damage, more armor, etc than other raptors.

But that's all how you spec your raptor, not in the raptors themselves.

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Dulanie
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Blackhand

Unread post by Dulanie »

The fact that all the pets in a family are the same except how they are spec'd, and how they look is one of those pro vs con things. Personally I miss the days of taming random beasts to learn their abilities, and King Bangalesh was prized cause he was the only one with the catlike reflexes ability.
We don't die. We multiply.
Sphax
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Boulderfist Eu

Unread post by Sphax »

Well you cant say all pets are equall. True that only difference is the skin and the talent build but dont forget the scaling with the hunters stats ^^

the stronger the hunter the stronger the pet.

But back to your question Gygax just pick a raptor with ur favourite colours. If its a raptor from the barrens or from durotar or outlands at 70 (love that green skin there ) doesnt make any difference.
Gygax

Unread post by Gygax »

Ok, Thanks
Gygax

Unread post by Gygax »

Dulanie wrote:The fact that all the pets in a family are the same except how they are spec'd, and how they look is one of those pro vs con things. Personally I miss the days of taming random beasts to learn their abilities, and King Bangalesh was prized cause he was the only one with the catlike reflexes ability.

I remember those days, Back when King Banaglesh was an elite, Every Hunter (including a friend of mine) had him for a pet, It was like a status symbol.