Skoll

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Striv
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring//Twisting Nether

Skoll

Unread post by Striv »

I am interested in taming Skoll on my hunter but I wanted to get some facts/tips. Any help would be nice. I know where his spawn points are but I would like to know where people have found him the most at and around what time. Obviously it won't be the same on my server but I would still like to know just to get an idea. :)
Saturo

Re: Skoll

Unread post by Saturo »

Near brunnhildar on a mining flyby on my pally. Boy was I pissed to relog to my hunter instantly, and hen just find a dead corpse and a warrior yelling omgrare!

15:00 server time, kilrogg EU.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Tips: Get a friend to maybe help you patrol his 3 points. A paladin is ideal, since they have the +20% mount speed aura.

Keep trying odd hours of the realm time and your time. Usually this is statistically the best time to look.

Jadvya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US

Unread post by Jadvya »

I sat and waited at the Snowdrift Plains spawnpoint, since I saw him there once (missed him by 20 seconds, another hunter just finished her tame as I flew up) and heard of him tamed there twice while I waited at Bor's Breath. That's what I suggest, anyway.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Depends on the players on your server. I had to camp him at the cliff over Brunnhildar, where there's a disk on the floor, he spawns somewhat east of it. For my server there's not that much people around that place aside those who fly by. Bor's Breath is usually a horrible place to camp him no matter what server you're on, due to soooo many players there camping the Time-Lost Proto Drake. Most of them will just go for a quick Skoll kill if he pops up there, even with a hunter trying to tame him. Cause ya know, they do like that blue junk with random stats on it even if they're wearing full T9 / T10! Snowdrift Plains is either a good or bad place. On some servers it's quiet, while on others there's people or bots farming the elementals there, as well as the worms.
ImageImage
Victorelle
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg (US)

Unread post by Victorelle »

It took me almost a month to find Skoll. I never camp I just fly around and then one day I just found him... but i got him in at the end of Aug at 10 at night when I was about to log. My friend also just flys around and happens to spot the Spirit Beasts (she has all 4 :shock: ) So I'm not sure if camping really works but I would fly around once ever 20-30 mins thats what I do
Calgary
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Calgary »

Pick up a pair of addons called NPCscan and NPCscan Overlay. They'll help your Skoll search, and show you right where he pops on the map.

I have pretty good luck running into this wolf myself, and other rares. I can usually find Gondria, Loque or Skoll within a day of searching for them on my Paladin - I've yet to see Arcturis though.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I found and tamed him at 8PM server time after another hunter had done it at midnight the night before. He got him at the point with the disk up above Brunnhildar, I found him at The Bor's Breath point by the harpies. He was standing between the two clumps of trees just to the north of the frozen lake. I would look for him at the top of the hour, within 10 minutes either way but in the two cases I now know of, he spawned right on the hour.

I also have a strong suspicion that the time it takes for a Spirit Beast to respawn depends on what happened to it the last time it spawned. I think it takes longer for them to respawn if they are tamed than if they get killed. In the unlikely event that they survive long enough to despawn on their own (which I have heard they will do) they may respawn even faster. I have no empirical evidence for this but it's the impression I get from reading very many posts concerning respawn rates. It just seems that it can take up to 20 hours for a respawn if they are tamed. This timing has been reported many times for Arcturis whose single spawn point is the easiest to monitor. It was also exactly 20 hours between the two spawns of Skoll mentioned in this post.
Azzrazzah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary is the Shizznit,

Unread post by Azzrazzah »

I got mine up above Brunhilder

I Came...I Saw...I Tamed

Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

Guh he's up at 10:57am server now!! He spawned at the Frozen lake, where I tamed mine.

*edit

:( I ran fast to my Alliance hunter to add you to my friends, but you weren't on. Bleh.
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I saw him twice by Brunhilder right at the cliffs edge. That might be a good spot to keep checking. I would've tamed him, but I stumbled across Gondria completely by accident and want to keep him instead, seems like fate. Goodluck hope you get it.
Zoka
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Zoka »

Is there one spawn spot better than any other? I have been trying to get this guy since he went live - and I just havent managed.

And help / tips would be awesome.

Thanks for your time.
Zoka

Unread post by Zoka »

Or... I could just get him now.

Wow.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Congrats!!! :D

See? I'm fully of the opinion that as soon as you publicly state that something isn't working out for you, it will happen right afterwards. :lol:
Zoka

Unread post by Zoka »

Your totally right!

Its crazy!

I am literally shaking

I am so VERY stoked!

my collection is complete!

BTW - this was on Proudmoore US 5:50 PM Server time on Feb 3 (if you want to track respawn times)
Zoka

Unread post by Zoka »

Just to show you (cause I'm so dang proud):
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Wow!! Grats on the nice catch! And that is an amazing screenshot!
Zoka

Unread post by Zoka »

Bulletdance wrote:Wow!! Grats on the nice catch! And that is an amazing screenshot!

Heh Thanks!

:-)
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Many grats.