2nd Hunter Pet Selection

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Gacheru
Realm: Maelstrom

2nd Hunter Pet Selection

Unread post by Gacheru »

I'm going back to a hunter I left at 70 back in the day and leveling her up to 80 so I can play with BM and MM specs and so I can enjoy some of the pets I don't have room for in my stable. After all the talk about tallstriders, I definitely thinking about making one my primary. I think I might get a hyena since I miss the one I leveled with my main back in the day, and I may give a Spirit Beast a try if I can find one.

I'm also considering a turtle... anyone have anything to say good or bad about turtles?

Any other suggestions for something that would be a fun non-standard pet? Cats and wolves are great, but I figure I've tried all of those. I want to be able to play more on this character.

Gach
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: 2nd Hunter Pet Selection

Unread post by Vephriel »

Turtles!!!! <3

I have recently become a convert for turtles. I had never tamed one before, but on the new hunter I just made I decided to try one out for solo-levelling and I've never been happier. :D They're pocket tanks, and their racial ability alongside with cower make them damn-near unkillable if you throw on a Mend Pet when needed. Plus they have an adorable tail-wiggle when they walk. ^^

Boars are also an old favourite of mine. :)
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

I don't see a lot of Wasps, but they're pretty fun to play with. If you're level 70, then you're only a couple levels away from picking one up in Zanga. They're ferocity so they're good damage-dealers, plus their ability is an armor reduction on the target, which will increase your own dps as well.

http://www.wow-petopia.com/html/familie ... _wasp.html

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Turtles seams to be one of the best tanking pets around due to the shell shield. I always liked that ability..

Though i choose a golden worm over a turtle for my tanking pet, a turtle is a viable choise :) plus they are cute

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

You could always go for a scorpid for your main tenacity pet. And you could use just about any cunning pet, as most of them get left in the dust.

Gacheru
Realm: Maelstrom

Unread post by Gacheru »

VelkynKarma wrote:I don't see a lot of Wasps, but they're pretty fun to play with. If you're level 70, then you're only a couple levels away from picking one up in Zanga. They're ferocity so they're good damage-dealers, plus their ability is an armor reduction on the target, which will increase your own dps as well.
I have the Sapphire Hive Queen on my main, so I love me the Wasps. Big though! :P

I think tanking with the turtle will be fun. I still most excited about a tallstrider, though. This post sold me:

http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=48

Anyone have any luck with Sporebats or Moths? They seem less powerful than everything else you can get. I remember trying Nether Rays back when pet talent trees first came out and was sorely disappointed. Have they gotten any better?

Gach
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Gacheru wrote:Anyone have any luck with Moths?
If you macro their ability into some shots, so they don't wait to autocast it, I know they can get some decent numbers.