OMG! Is that a slime!?!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Gacheru
Realm: Maelstrom

OMG! Is that a slime!?!

Unread post by Gacheru »

Hey all!

My current pet of choice is my slime, Guurglesnot. I absolutely love running around doing dailies with him. It's also kinda of a fun way to meet other players, because I'm always getting whispers about him. One question I always get, though, is if I'm the only hunter on my server (Maelstrom) with a slime. And I really don't know... I haven't seen any other slimes slurping around Dalaran, but it's very possible that they've all been stabled.

So, here's the purpose of my post... if you have a slime (or hydra), post a little note here and let us know who and where you are!

Thanks!
Gacheru
Jangalian
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: OMG! Is that a slime!?!

Unread post by Jangalian »

Had a slime, named him Slimer, but let him go to tame Gondria. Then let Gondria go to tame Arcturis! Sigh, I miss my slime.
( •_•) Many whelps!
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) Handle it.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

I never got to get a slime, or a hydra, or a ghost crocolisk, sadly. I'm a slow leveler, as I usually divide my time among several toons. Didn't get to 80 before they were taken out.

Khishay
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: US Trollbane

Unread post by Khishay »

I have a hydra, and named 'em Raucous! But I for one know at least one other person on my server with it. I also known another person with Gezzarak now, who also has a ghost wolf.

Actually, I abandoned my hydra at first, but I was able to have him restored. It was a signifigantly long time ago as well. So, if you did abandon a slime, hydra, or croc I reccommend putting in a ticket! Well, unless whichever it was drove you crazy and you really don't want he/she/it back :lol:

My Dragon Cave...

Thanks so much to Ket Shi for the signature!

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Aww, I'm jealous. :(

I wanted the Hydra so badly. When it was first discovered that you could tame the ghost pets from that quest I was only in my mid 70's, so I made a mad rush to reach 80. Even with my intense motivation I'm not exactly a quick leveller, so as murphy's law would have it right before I hit 80 that taming glitch was nerfed and I was unable to obtain one.

Congrats for you though! I'm sure it's awesome to have a rare pet that is no longer obtainable. :)
emrsonbigins
Realm: Echoisles

Unread post by emrsonbigins »

Got my slime (OozeYerDaddy) and all 4 spirit beasts in my stable, which leaves me short fo a raiding pet, but oh well, BM it is!
Troo
Realm: Undermine

Unread post by Troo »

I have both the Ooze and the Hydra (both named Squishy) on Undermine Horde side. I don't use them for anything, but I just can't bear parting with a pet that is not obtainable anymore. Once in awhile I like to take them out for a spin around Dalaran. If other people do have these on my server you just don't see them, although the unobtainable ghost/spirit wolf from Dustwallow seems to be making a resurgence lately... I see those everywhere.

Had to sacrifice Loque to keep both of them when I picked up Arcturis. Wish there was a way to gift my hydra to a friend on the server who was only 79 the day they became untameable. He'd kill for a hydra. And I could have a blessed stable spot back.
Spiritchan

Unread post by Spiritchan »

XD I envy all you slime-owners.
And I'm still hoping that hydra become tamable (exotic) in the Cataclysm expansion.
Zanidar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Venture Co - Nesingwary

Unread post by Zanidar »

Hi, I'm new here and new to WoW. Could someone post a picture of their slime? I never knew you could tame one.
Vephriel

Here's a link to the Petopia page on them:

http://www.wow-petopia.com/html/skins/s ... green.html

They're considered a 'crocolisk' by some glitch or something, so they have all the abilities of one. =)
Senna-Umbreon
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

I managed to get the Hydra way back in January of '09, getting her the very minute I hit level 80! Named her Banryu <3 (Insane bonus points for anyone who guesses what Anime/Manga that name comes from!) NEVER getting rid of her, even if her snarling can get annoying sometimes, I still love her! <3
Vephriel

Senna-Umbreon wrote:Named her Banryu <3 (Insane bonus points for anyone who guesses what Anime/Manga that name comes from!)
Well the first thing that came to my mind was Bankotsu's weapon name from Inuyasha, but I'm sure it's from something else. ^^;
drax99
Realm: Ghostlands

Unread post by drax99 »

Ya, I love flinging my Booger at people. Never fails to impress people. I was lucky enough to get 80 and tame mine 3 days before the patch, and snagged the Hydra too. However the constant noise of the hydra quickly drove me even more insane than normal, so I stabled him indefinitely, only to be brought out to show off. I;d give em both up though for Loque... been trying for months without success.

Only thing that would be cooler is if I had the oozeling pet. Then, not only would Booger have a lil brother, but we would all be green together!
Nel
Realm: Detheroc

Unread post by Nel »

I still have my ghost hydra, Ghidorah, and I love him soo much!
When we go to a city I always get asked to put him away because of all the noise.
I personally love how "vocal" he is, I think it adds to his charm!
Ghidorah is the only non- spirit beast in my stables, but there is no way I will ever let him go.
I had all three of the undead crocs at one time but I really only loved the ghost hydra, so I let the others go back to the Basin for my spirit beasts.

You may step in love many times.
Only do you fall in it once.

Http://Dragcave.net/user/Nelium
Senna-Umbreon

Vephriel wrote:
Senna-Umbreon wrote:Named her Banryu <3 (Insane bonus points for anyone who guesses what Anime/Manga that name comes from!)
Well the first thing that came to my mind was Bankotsu's weapon name from Inuyasha, but I'm sure it's from something else. ^^;
Holy, You're right! I never thought anyone'd get that! XD And well, since I'm a giant fangirl of Bankotsu, I kinda had to go with the name, since it just sounds like a good name for a Hydra (.. Besides, I've already had a black Wolf pet named Bankotsu too XDDDD)
Vephriel

Haha, yeah I've loved Inuyasha since I was young so it's something I'll never grow out of. ^^ I actually got the name Sesshoumaru for my blood elf Death Knight (who's my favourite character). =)
Senna-Umbreon

Vephriel wrote:Haha, yeah I've loved Inuyasha since I was young so it's something I'll never grow out of. ^^ I actually got the name Sesshoumaru for my blood elf Death Knight (who's my favourite character). =)
Aha, yay for Sesshie! It seems everyone loves him, then again, I don't blame all the fangirls, he's pretty handsome.. Though Bankotsu is much more handsome! /fangirl

.. Okay, I'm just gonna shut up now, getting a bit off-topic here =P
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

yea this is about slime not anime
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Zangor wrote:yea this is about slime not anime
What about an anime with slime?

Senna-Umbreon

Zangor wrote:yea this is about slime not anime
Okay, jeez! I said I was going to shut up! You don't have to act like a Smarta** >.<;;;;;;;;;;;