Pet families and abilities personl redos

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
coraman2009
Realm: Baelgun

Pet families and abilities personl redos

Unread post by coraman2009 »

I still find many problems in the pet society today. I was very happy to see the whole talent tree switching for each pet but that to me was half the battle. Ya i can run around with my awesome red crab but i dont use him in raids because of his abilities. So i had alot of thinking and this is wat i cam up with. A few things im going to address is new passive abilities new family abilities and a few other things related to hunters but only has to do with pets.

Few simple things first. BM i love the spec but i feel like exotic pets hold it back. ya the exotic special abilities are cool but mostly useless in dps. and i also feel like hunters are getting sick of having the rare exotic pets rotting in there stables so first thing at hand take out the exotic pets. dont worry cause im gonna redo all the abilities for pets. and second i think bm should get two pets instead of one exotic pet just like the bm from wc 3 but just two and they would work singular and im also gonna introduce new passive abilities so ur bar isnt filled up with shit tons of abilities from two pets.

and i think you could introduce marksmen with no pets. I would call it Lone Ranger. it disables ur tame beast and control beast abilities but increases range ap by 8% or wat ever percent ur pet damage does.

now on to pet abilities first would be passive.
Ferocity-Dashing(passive) when pet is 15 yards or more away from target running speed is increased by 70%
Heart of the Phoenix(passive) When ur pet dies it automatically comes back to life 8 Min cooldown
Rabid(passive) Everytime ur pet scores a crit. damage it invokes Rabid. can only occur every 30 sec
Cunning- Dashing-same
Bullheaded(passive) reduces movement impairing effects and all abilities that looses control of ur pet by 50%
Bond of sacrifice(passive) Shares 20% of all damage done to the caster transferred to the pet
Tenacity- Last Stand(passive) when ur pet's health is reduced to 20% or lower ur pet instantly gains 30% of health back for 20 sec. Can not occur every 5 mins
Growling(passive) Increases threat generated through attacks. Growl will be removed from all specs and growling is only enabled in tenacity

Now for new usable abilities. How this would work is based on wat family ur pet is from and also wat spec. So for example if u have a crab it automatically still has claw no matter wat spec but it will only have two usable abilities so for example claw for a crab and then if ur crab is ferocity it will have claw and its new dps non pvp ability Pinch( ill explain how the abilities work in the next paragraph) and then u switch too Cunning ur pet will have claw and Pin. and then Tenacity it will have claw and thunderstomp.

How the abilities will work is simple Ferocity will be straight dps no pvp abilities. They will consist of an ability that will do small burst and mostly dot. there will be three types of Dot based off of abilities. There will be bleeding,magic, and poison.Example.
Spider-widows bite-small base damage poison dot
Crab-Pinch-small base damage bleed dot
Spirit Beast-Spirit Strike-small base damage magical dot(arcane)

For Cunning all abilities will be pvp based they will consist of one of three effects: a 3 sec stun, a 4 sec immobilization, and a 5 sec slow speed

all tenacity will have thunderstomp for aoe tanking

Last but not least new pet families and additions

Exotic Birds- a combination of birds of prey, carrion birds, cranes, and tall striders(would also like to add hawkstriders,gryphons, hippogryphs, and a penguin named King Ping a rare elite from Wotlk and the raven god model
Rhino- added clefthooves
Pterrordax- self explanatory includes old and new models
Canine- combines wolves, dogs,core hounds, and hell hounds
Kodos-kodos, thunder beast,and moshu beast
Serpents-added mana wyrms
Wind Serpent- added cloud serpents
worm- added maggots/larva, bursters, and gyreworms
Colossus-giant silithid model and Kunchong
silithid- added sandreavers
Crustacean-crab and lobstrok models
Hydra-self explaining
Rodents-porcupines, beavers and armadillos
Pachyderms- elekk, and mamoth
Ruminants- stags and dear
Goats-added talbuk and Rams
Horses- horses, unicorns, and zhevras
Yaks- yak and shoveltusks
Crockolisk-added Diemetradons / Incendosaurs
Sea lions- sea lions and seals(druid swimming model)
Gorrilas- added yetis
Now to add a special treat its aquatic models with the bubble around them there "land walking" is in the bubble and "swimming animtaion" is the bubble popping
Turtles- sea turtle
Serpent-sea snake
Threashers- self exp.
Fish- sharks, frenzies, krakens, remoras, stingrays, pufferfish, groupers, eels, seahorses, and squid
Giraffes- self exp.
there are orcas but idk where to input them and i would also like to added moonkin cause there more beast than anything to the exotic birds and also new spirit beast ideas would be celestial :D models
:D
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Re: Pet families and abilities personl redos

Unread post by Gimlion »

I have to disagree on the Growl change. There are many times where my Shale Spider just can't get the damage output I need in a single target battle, but Loque can take care of that with a few well-placed mend pets and growl on. The biggest instance I can think of are the Pandaren rares. With their heal, you can't burst them fast enough with a tenacity pet to be very effective, especially if you miss a Silence shot...

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
coraman2009
Realm: Baelgun

Re: Pet families and abilities personl redos

Unread post by coraman2009 »

ya i was just mostly with those cutting down tool bar abilities cause i feel like i have to many along with alot of buttons just for my hunter