Patrannache

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Plainswalker
Realm: Dalaran

Patrannache

Unread post by Plainswalker »

My wife has been hunting this rare for about a week now with no real luck other seeing tracks that disappear into hillside. Has anyone got any tip or tricks to get this little devil? so far it is making Bombyx and Stompy look easy. Thank you in advance for any helpful advice
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Patrannache

Unread post by Lisaara »

He's got a long path to be sure. I know his spawnpoint is where his path starts(SE spot) and he trails from there. I found it easiest to sit there and wait til I saw tracks then follow.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Mousie
Realm: Arygos

Unread post by Mousie »

Turn down your ground clutter, that seems to help.

Also, have his route memorized beforehand, so if you lose the trail, you know about where you should pick it up. Sneakysam (google her :p ) has lots of good maps, I highly recommend her blog.

If you need help, I would be willing to help you track Patrannache down. My BT is Mousie#1821 (Horde-side only, sorry allies!)

Edit: Sneakysams blog: http://sneakysams.blogspot.com/p/mop-ma ... oiler.html
magepower13
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Azjol-Nerub

Unread post by magepower13 »

His tracks are also extremely small and easy to miss, so it can take a while. My favorite spot to camp for him is by that swampy area with the cranes just west of the Hozen mountain thing. Patrannache goes down near the road where there's a choke point; I just kept a flare up until he walked into it after about 15 minutes.
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

Both of my Patrannache tames resulted in first tracking which direction she was going then just hanging out along the southern cliff where she paths in almost a straight line & just wait for her to path back that way, was rather easy save for the waiting around for her to path back with the three or two hour window but both times I got her this way, hope that helps ya some, GL :hug:
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Twila
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn, Silver Hand

Unread post by Twila »

Is she alliance or horde? I've been helping players with these hard trackings for some time now. If shes alliance (sorry hordies not leveled yet) I can keep an eye put and party up, pulling her to my realm for the tame.

Amisha - lv 100 Tauren Hunter - Silver Hand:US - Pet Stable
Twilatsuki - lv 95 Night Elf Hunter - Argent Dawn:US - Pet Stable

Battle Pet Collection

Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

I got a hordie so I can help horde side let me know
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Plainswalker

We are horde. Ty for all the advice
Plainswalker

4:07am We finally got it by the singing marsh. Thank you all for all the help and advice a big thanks to magepower13 for pointing out the choke point i missed
Deso
Realm: Kargath

Unread post by Deso »

The easiest way I found to tame this pet was to go to a river where the pet's path crosses and start flare fishing. I picked a spot midway through his path where te grainhunter hawks are and kept flare up as I leveled fishing. I ended up taming pet and getting my 25 fish acheive rigt after. I loved the cata special pet taming idea where skill was envolved so kinda not enthused enough to be squinting for bird tracks. Good luck on your tame
Isabeau
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Isabeau »

I am having the same issue with this crane :( It is driving me mad! As soon as I saw that I could tame a pink crane I had to have her but I have had no luck so far.
I have tamed Savage & seen Portent (he was green & i wanted purple), so I atleast get the idea of how to do it.

I tried looking for tracks at first though people said it was difficult & i had zero luck.

I tried sitting & just keeping my flare down & wow mind numbing boring & I finally had to log to do things, several times now I did with the most being 2 hours, oh how I wish flare lasted longer lol. The lvling fishing while waiting is a good idea because I did wait in that spot.

But my biggest fear is that I will be sittign there waiting and not be in the perfect enough spot and miss her slightly. Looking at a map out of game then trying to picture it in game is just too much for me. I wish npc scan overlay showed the trail of the prints :(

If anyone has any more advice or maybe a screenshot of where they waited I would be greatful :) an extra dose of luck sent my way would be lovely too!
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

My video shows Patrannache walking along his path in several different places; it's helped others tame him. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Melentari
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Melentari »

When I tamed him, I just waited along the bar of land on the other side of the river between Valley of Four Winds and Krasarang Wilds. There's a nice stretch there that's almost completely devoid of aggressive mobs and where Patrannache paths. I just rode back and forth there, keeping an eye out for signs that there were footprints appearing or disappearing. It didn't take me long.

Melentari and Tevildo - she tamed him a long time ago.

Isabeau
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Isabeau »

thanks i finally found some tracks but had a super hard time following them so just ran a bit ahead to a point I knew he would cross and threw my flare down there.

Yay!! Named it Pinkiepie lol It is so beautiful :)
ImmaGoku
Realm: Borean Tundra (US)

Unread post by ImmaGoku »

Turn down your ground clutter and DO NOT try to trace it by flying around its whole path, sit at the Stoneplow Flight Path and wait for its tracks to appear, with this method I was not only realm first to tame this one, I also got it within 3 hours of the desire to track this one down. If ya want, I'd be willing to help Horde side track this incredible pet down.

See the attachment for accurate camping spot.

Untitled.png
Untitled.png (896.76 KiB) Viewed 3436 times
[/center]
Isobelle
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (H) Wrymrest Accord (A)

Unread post by Isobelle »

I'll try that! Thank you.

I have had no luck finding the tracks.