Mounted with pet by side

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Jadvya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US

Re: Mounted with pet by side

Unread post by Jadvya »

Danielfboone wrote:As I remember it , they changed it in BC when pets were dying if their masters, on flying mounts, flew over the Twisting Nether and the poor pet would fall to it's death. It happened a lot while you were doing the daily quests to get a Netherwing Drake. They were also being killed by aggroing mobs on the ground that they ran past while trying to follow their flying masters. The change made sense at the time. I wish they would come up with a way for the pet to stay at your side if you get on a ground mount and only auto dismiss if you get on a flyer.
I'm working on my Netherwing rep now (if all goes well, I'll get my drake today!), and whenever I use my warp stalker to attack the orcs on drakes, she'll warp out to them, attack them, then plummet to her death only to reappear at my side seconds later.

That said, I know when I pull the dungeon finder/BG trick and I'm on a flyer my pet isn't there, but on a ground mount he/she is. So they've already got those mechanics, why can't it be constant?
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

My idea: Why not make it something you can turn on and off? You can turn off auto-self cast...(Not the same thing, but still.) or even make them mini-pets. Give them a code so that when you mount, your pet is essentially a mini pet. When you dismount, they function regularly.

That, or ground mount = them out. I mean. Would you run through a village of enemy faction on your mount? (Well, okay...Maybe something like Crossroads or Auberdine...But still.)
Flying mount = disappear.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hee, I've often thought of a similar idea to your pets turning into just minipets while mounted. They can't attack or be attacked, and are just there by your side as a visual perk. :)
kamoodle5
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by kamoodle5 »

Saturo wrote:Or the hunter bringing out a saddle for the dragonhawk. That would be awesome...
And then have one of your dragonhawk companions riding on your pet. That would be epicly cool.
bloodysam
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Scryers!

Unread post by bloodysam »

that would be so cool riding on ur pet then right when u attack something u get off and the pet rams the target :) and its a core hound :P

Born a lonewolf...choosen to be with pets!
Thanks for the awwsome signature Pooksie!!