The Basin's King

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Nel
Realm: Detheroc

The Basin's King

Unread post by Nel »

I just wanted to I guess you could say vent a little. Sorry if this is boring and blahblahblah..but I really had my feelings hurt and I just need to write this.

When Wrath of the Lich King first came out I got the game and after a few days I was at level 73 in Borean Tundra. I had found the edge where you can look over into the Basin, and I had an idea. I used Eagle eye to search all around and then I saw a giant green tail swing out of my view near some bones, I quickly started up eagle eye again and looked there he was! King Krush! I was so happy to just see him that I took a few quick screenshots before running down into the Basin on my mount tracking beasts and looking for him again. Of course, I knew I could not tame him yet but it was great to see the new devilsaur that had caught my eye. I hugged him for a distance and then left to level, with going to the Basin and taming him at 80 my main goal. :mrgreen:

Many months later. Finally, after seeing him for so many times but always having him taken away from me and killed I had found him and he was alone! I quickly buffed up and was all ready to tame! I sent in my trash pet and let him do some damage then I said a quick thank you and relessed him, started the tame, and got interrupted. I didn't mind I knew it would take some trys. I quickly got mana and health back then went to tame another beast but luckily my old one had came back when I called! I sent him in again and then let him go and tried for another tame. I had 4seconds left when a pally jumped down and started beating the life out of my baby! I was so upset I put a frost trap down and quickly killed him before he got Krush. I feigned and Krush was back at full health and slowly wandered off as I got some more health and mana. This repeated itself for 20 mins until the pally called in backup..So i did as well. Luckily there was a dk that said he would help! Oh I thanked him and thanked him as I tried my hardest to keep the pally and the dk from killing my Krushy. He got there in a flash..killed the dk and I finished off the pally Krush was happily walking away and I quickly ran up and started the tame! All looked bright and grand! King Krush would finally be mine! just a few more seconds wait-dk? what are you doing?! stop killing my pet!.... :cry: But he didn't even take a second look. He killed my Krush and thanked me for the achievement... I was actually crying irl now, the pet I had wanted for so long was dead and it was from someone on my own faction. I walked up to my now dead Krush and gave him a hug thanked him and left the group to fly away. I couldn't see the dead king or loot any of his trophys...it was so wrong. I sadly left the Basin, and I have yet to come back.

You may step in love many times.
Only do you fall in it once.

Http://Dragcave.net/user/Nelium
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Re: The Basin's King

Unread post by Ryno »

Nel wrote:I just wanted to I guess you could say vent a little. Sorry if this is boring and blahblahblah..but I really had my feelings hurt and I just need to write this.
Aw, don't worry about that.

So sad!! Ignorant sunuvalich. :cry:

/comfort

Dragonpuff
Haiku Master
Realm: Duskwood (US)
Location: On an undisclosed island that is being shredded by giant boss fights

Unread post by Dragonpuff »

The DK probabaly thought you were trying to get the achievement with Krush, not tame him. Obviously, he doesn't have a high level Hunter. Other classes rarely understand us about our beloved (soon to be) pets. So here it is from people who understand that special kind of pain!
It hurts, we know, but don't give up! Never do that! You know you want that big stomping beastie, don't let a terrible day like that ruin him for you! Krush will be back to stomping all the flowers in SB soon enough, and you'll get him then! ;)

Taz'dingu of the Petopians Guild, Nesingwary Server

Here there be Dragons (and Eggs)

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Dragonpuff wrote:Obviously, he doesn't have a high level Hunter.
Also, he appears to be retarded.

I mean c'mon. Who the HELL would, seriously, ask anyone in the zone, if they want to group to kill a rare? I never see it. All I see is hunters asking for help taming getting the shaft.

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

That's a heart breaking story. ;_; *gives hugs*

Don't give up though! Just keep being persistent, I guarantee you'll get him one day. And when you do it will be the most rewarding tame ever.
Nel

Unread post by Nel »

I know that he knew he was killing what I wanted as a pet because when I asked for help,
I said I found King Krush and I need some help getting the horde off of me so I can tame him.
I hate that he took my tame from me, and it makes me very sad. I really hope that he never takes another hunter's rare from them.

Mustafah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU

Unread post by Mustafah »

Dont give up, I know you will find him ;)

Lots of thanks for TygerDarkstorm for the awesome sig!! =D

Mustafah wrote:Playable Pandaren with racial camel mount!!!
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

You can do it! He'll respawn again and one day he will be yours :)

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Nel wrote:I know that he knew he was killing what I wanted as a pet because when I asked for help,
I said I found King Krush and I need some help getting the horde off of me so I can tame him.
I hate that he took my tame from me, and it makes me very sad. I really hope that he never takes another hunter's rare from them.
Wow, that takes a special kind of idiocy to "help" just to become the griefer... I'm sorry you had to deal with that. :(

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Dragonpuff
Haiku Master
Realm: Duskwood (US)
Location: On an undisclosed island that is being shredded by giant boss fights

Unread post by Dragonpuff »

Nel wrote:I know that he knew he was killing what I wanted as a pet because when I asked for help,
Well then, he'd just a jerk, and P. Dawg well rain down sweet vengance on him someday!
*Suddenly has an image of the Lich King standing over the DK's body, a little Prairie Dog on his shoulder* O.o''

Taz'dingu of the Petopians Guild, Nesingwary Server

Here there be Dragons (and Eggs)

Hawkshadow
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Ravenholdt

Unread post by Hawkshadow »

awww Nel im so sorry that really is horrible! :(
Dont give up though! Just keep trying to tame Krush, you will get him. Also if i may offer you a lil advice on how to tame him on the first try (assuming no one else is around).

First buff up with stam food /pots and equip any haste trinkets you have. Also pick up some potions of speed, you will need them for this plan.
Second grab a trash pet.
Once Krush is found, throw a heal on your pet and send him after Krush while you stay at max taming range.
This is the important part!...Let Krush fear your pet then WAIT a good 5 seconds.
Drink a potion of speed, cast BW and hit abandon and start your tame.
If you did this Krush will cast his fear while BW is up thus you will be immune to it. He wont have time to fear you again :)

Good luck Nel hope you get him! :D

~Hawk
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

That's such a shame. What a griefer, but don't give up if you found him once maybe you can find him again. I found Skoll twice...curse my lack of stable slots lol I still couldn't tame him.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master

Unread post by Ryno »

Dragonpuff wrote:*Suddenly has an image of the Lich King standing over the DK's body, a little Prairie Dog on his shoulder* O.o''
Ooo, we need a picture of a prairie dog with the LK helmet on.

Impulse
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Tichondrius US

Unread post by Impulse »

Considering all factors, chance of taming him successfully is highest when he just spawned, before others start noticing. I recommend getting help from a shaman (for lust) or a paladin (for stun) by offering them gold reward upon successful taming. You can bring your friends but it might be faster to just find someone in the zone.
Bikutandabis
Realm: Nazgrel, (US), Lightbringer (EU)

Unread post by Bikutandabis »

That is a crushing low blow.
I have not yet seen Krush in all the hours I spend skinning in the Basin.
Bikutanda aka Birdienumnum, Bikutandabis
US Nazgrel
EU Lightbringer
Kalanzyne
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel (EU)

Unread post by Kalanzyne »

It sucks when this sort of thing happens but dont let it stop you.

Here's a little something that I hope will help you feel better.
Khishay
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: US Trollbane

Unread post by Khishay »

Well, if it helps, many hunters have experienced the same thing with Krush. I myself am included.

When I found him it was by the wasps, and I was buffed and started the tame. I was shakey, disoriented, and did a poor job. I messed up first try and went for a second when an Alliance survival hunter swooped down and began shooting.

I couldn't get aggro back, and I didn't have a pet to help me. I'm also on a PvE server so I couldn't kill the hunter. Even worse, later when I continued searching I saw her there camping Krush. She did it out of spite!

But, I searched until 12:00 at night and found him. Tamed him successfully first try.

Point is, even if you don't get him first time don't give up. You'll eventually get paid off for your hard work, and the player that killed Krush will get punished for theirs.

My Dragon Cave...

Thanks so much to Ket Shi for the signature!

Ade
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU

Unread post by Ade »

:( Hate seeing tales such as this :hug: , Like many have already said keep the faith, you will eventually own that big green dino :mrgreen:
Talody
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Talody »

:shock:

:cry:

:hug:

Don't give up!! You'll get him someday!

Dragons!
Jandos of <Petopians>
with
Truffle and Glasgow

Nel

Unread post by Nel »

Thanks for all the caring everyone, and I love the picture of P. Dawg!
Yaay for P. Dawg, The Lich King's Master!
:lol: