OMG PSYCHIC? D: (Gondria)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

OMG PSYCHIC? D: (Gondria)

Unread post by Vephriel »

Okay, so I'm sure that many of you know by now that I've never really had an interest in Spirit Beasts. They're cool looking, but I've never felt that OMGNEEDTOTAME urge like a lot of other hunters.

Anyways, since joining this forum it's been really exciting watching people find the Spirit Beast of their dreams and I think that fondness rubbed off on me a bit. I decided that maybe I'd try getting a Spirit Beast for myself and seeing what I think...even just keeping it for a short while as a 'There, now I've done it.' sort of thing.

*coughs* Well, just as I go to log off for the night, I'm suddenly overcome with an urge to go scout for one. It just hits me, and I'm like "I'll just do a quick fly around, no harm done."

I head off from Dalaran and go to Zul'Drak since it's closest. I do a lazy circle, not really expecting anything, when suddenly on my minimap I see a yellow dot. I know that Spirit Beasts are neutral, and will show up as a yellow dot, but as I go to hover over it I'm thinking it's just going to be some random beast.

No. It's effing Gondria. o.o I mentally shake myself then hurry down to tame. I have to fight a couple Ice Claw bears who get in my way, then I forget to put Tame Beast on my action bar so I dig around in my spellbook and promptly forget to put an Ice Trap down. xD Gondria starts hitting me, then I aggro 2 more bears. Somehow I survive the taming period and then SHE'S MINE!

Lmao, I honestly don't know what to do with her, but I'm more amused that my psychic radar came in handy again. (Even if you don't believe in that kind of stuff, I can honestly say I have premonitions often enough that I sort of tend to believe in those) So here I am, gawking at a Spirit Cat and just sort of letting it sink in. xD

Sexy pose. =O

Lionfury
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Re: OMG PSYCHIC? D: (Gondria)

Unread post by Lionfury »

Woots. Thats funny one, but grats ;D
Kastarakovski
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Saurfang, Icecrown, Ysera, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kastarakovski »

Congratulations on taming Gondria, hon!

And we've all been in that situation - forgetting the tame button, the ice trap, the OMFGWHEREDIDTHEYCOMEFROM? reds that seem to be drawn to you whenever you're trying to do something of utmost importance - we're hunters, it's what our life is all about =D

I wish you and your new ghostly sabercat all the best!

Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

thats as awsome as my new signature that i finally got around to making :D
Rarako
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Hakkar, Mug'thol

Unread post by Rarako »

Grats Veph! Haha, that's how I found my Humar (Hogosha) who turned out to be my Spirit Beast-place holder and later my Arcturis (Harun), save the fact that I had camped the latter for 8-12 hours a day for 4 and a half days strait and had just given up an hour before hand... Just a "well it wouldn't hurt to run by just once" can lead to some very unexpected finds. ^_^

What ya gonna name it? ^_^

Many thanks to Vephriel for the amazing sig!

Vephriel

After contemplating on some name ideas I decided that I should stick with some sort of psychic-related one (given the circumstances). xD

I settled on Esper ("An esper refers to an individual capable of telepathy and other similar paranormal abilities.") since I liked the sound of it. ^^
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Zangor »

nice name i wish you and Esper many good hunts and take this *throws ashbringer at veph* dont tell tirion you have it!
Valinai
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Dentarg

Unread post by Valinai »

Grats on the tame! I'm taking a short break from Zul'drak circles myself. Hopefully my success story will be posted soon...?
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Aye, nice tame. That's my favorite spirit beast, and the whole psychic part of your story is FREAKING ME OUT!

*Hides under bed*

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Zangor »

yea i put in a request to have thius topic moved to the art and storytelling forums since this is more of a story and not a discussion
Vephriel

Mm, it's not really fanfiction or anything. It's a pet tame, we have plenty of pet taming threads in this board.
That's my favorite spirit beast, and the whole psychic part of your story is FREAKING ME OUT!
Haha, I know it's weirding me out too! xD I wasn't even going to stay online, I was logging out and getting ready to go to bed and it was like something just prodded me in the brain and went 'GO LOOK FOR SPIRIT BEAT NAO!' o.o So I went, and sure enough the first one I look for and the first spot I fly over *bam* there she is!
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Zangor »

did you catch the ashbringer? you didnt give it back to tirion did you? i went to great lengths to steal that thing!!!
also you have great instincts....can i borrow you so i know when the cataclysm will hit?
Jakkra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow US

Unread post by Jakkra »

haha, that's awesome. I love the pic of your two conversing. <3

If only Arcturis would be so kind as to walk by for me...
Rethei
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bloodscalp

Unread post by Rethei »

Hahahah Veph that is amazing!

Kinda funny cause the same thing almost happened with me and trying to get Arcturis! the night i decided to start to camp for him he appeared, but an ally got me so i had to await 3 days later xD.

I don't think i ever had such an adrenaline rush from this game other then the first down of Rag and then walking Naxx 40 as i have when in the middle of taming a spirit beast!
Props to Karathyriel
Dulanie
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Blackhand

Unread post by Dulanie »

LOL Awesome. :hug: Gotta love moments like those. :headbang: Although it makes me wonder when a group will form like in one of the mangas I'm reading right now. http://www.anivide.com/viewmanga.html?cid=367 if anyone is interested. It's about 2 groups of psychics. 1 is defending humanity while the other is trying to destroy it.
We don't die. We multiply.
Epicfail
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by Epicfail »

Grats! Awesome story!
I don't really feel like this is so much the "Post-Modern" era as much as its the "Pre-Zombie-Apocalpse" era. I consider myself more of a forward thinking guy and an era that just won't die is just as feasible as a coming era, where the dead come back.
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Well... I'd say you're stuck with her now :P Seriously, nice work. That's pretty much the same way I got my Gondria tame... Seems she has a penchant for whims. ;)

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Hehe, lucky lucky. Congrats.

Dragonpuff
Haiku Master
Realm: Duskwood (US)
Location: On an undisclosed island that is being shredded by giant boss fights

Unread post by Dragonpuff »

/cackles Welcome to the Spirit Beast fold! (Even if you do decide to let her go later, you are now) one of us! One of us!
Very nice sexy pose by the way. ;)

Taz'dingu of the Petopians Guild, Nesingwary Server

Here there be Dragons (and Eggs)

Vephriel

Hehe, well I had to let go of my Jormungar worm in order to tame Esper, but he was only level 75 since I hadn't brought him out in forever and I could just go re-tame one easily.

I might keep the kitty for a while though...it is my favourite cat model after all, and I think after the whole bizarre episode I'm kind of forced to hang onto it. xD