LOL Tame

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valinai
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Dentarg

LOL Tame

Unread post by Valinai »

Now that I'm 80 (whoo!) taking these baby steps toward being more effective. I refuse to spec out of BM. I like having exotic/special pets when I'm doing dailies/farming leather or just bumming around town. People seem to love the white devilsaur! But when the gold is available, I'll be dual speccing to bm/mm to increase DPS during our guild dungeon instances/occasional raids. After research, it was obviously circling back to WOLF. I have to say that the wolves in the game don't make me go OMG MUST TAME. And as odd as this might sound, my BM tames have mostly followed a theme of the animal has to have white on it somewhere. (Weird, I know...but the hunter's hair is white and I sorta liked the theme idea!)

But I didn't like the looks of the white wolves. And the grey ones just looked like dirty white wolves. So after browsing around, I saw Ironjaw. Definitely not white. But hey, it's for the MM spec mainly...so there! Different spec, outside the theme!

I've been having a hell of a time trying to land Gondria, so the thought of a tame had me feeling less frustrated.

I made my way to the forest and studied the map. Circling around, I made a macro and was checking the beast tracker. Didn't need to, spotted Ironjaw w/o the aid of either helpers. I hop down off the mount and target the wolf. A moth flies in between, and for a moment I'm targeting the moth. I'm back to Ironjaw in a flash, and use my superpowerful LEVEL 1 freeze arrow to keep him from wandering too far. I just wanted to be SAFE, okay? So then I hit the tame button.

The funny thing is, the game's been sorta wonky and glitchy for me today. The random dungeon I did earlier? Wow. Not one to repeat. Anyway...that moth I mentioned last paragraph? Suddenly, I'm taming IT.

WTF?!

So I quickly dispense of it (I have no pet, of course, I need to be free to tame!) and right then Ironjaw releases out of the freeze trap. I triple check to make sure IRONJAW is the TARGET. I press TAME BEAST. The channeling bar appears and I think "phew...that was sorta flukey..."

But it's not over!

Somehow, while taming Ironjaw, I was ALSO attacking him. Yes, that's right. I killed him while I was taming him.

I said "I'M SORRY!" and hopped on the griffin, counting my blessings that good old Ironjaw has a short respawn.

And for the record, the second tame worked like a charm. Now to think of a name...
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Re: LOL Tame

Unread post by Ryno »

Haha, definitely weird. Never seen something like that happen before.

As for name, I'm sure a thread in the Name That Pet section would have a large handful of people coming up with great names.

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I used to open combat with Serpent Sting, even while taming.

Didn't work out when I decided to tame low-lvl pets.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Valinai wrote:Somehow, while taming Ironjaw, I was ALSO attacking him. Yes, that's right. I killed him while I was taming him.
That happened to me! o_o I thought I was doing something wrong, accidentally hit attack or something, but nope. When I went to tame my temporary pet for my <Petopians> hunter, I was attacking it and killing it while taming it. In retrospect, I think it's cause the shot I used to grab it (concussive) started my autoattacks and my tame pet didn't switch it off.

I wonder if it's a patch issue... >.>

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

I think I remember doing that as well. I used CS to tag a mob (before I had traps) and somehow kept attacking the beast in question while trying to tame it. It got to the point when I had to completely click off the beast (while it was beating on me) and then re-target it (not on auto attack) just to tame.

Annoying :(

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons