Best possible Beast Master Spec, Rotation, Macros

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
zidev
Realm: Uldaman

Best possible Beast Master Spec, Rotation, Macros

Unread post by zidev »

OK this is a recap of what I have posted on other threads and from what others have contributed. I will be posting the best Shot Rotation, Macros and Pet Breed and its spec here. I will modify the MAIN post in this topic as new information and changes come in along with your own input! Lets do this together.

BM Spec
I will be posting a screen shot from my next 25 man raid long with recount stats.
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#cxbhzgxR ... eVo:iAV0Mz

Current Raid Pet
So far the Wolf is still number one but I am currently testing out Devilsaur and Spirit Beast and getting input from other hunters to finally find out which one truely is king of raid dps.

Shot Rotation
This is the rotation I currently use. Feel free to post one you think is better. I will give it a test and post any results and if it is beter I will update this list.

Kill Shot
Serpent Sting
Multi Shot
Arcane Shot
Steady Shot

Shot Macros
Here are the few macros I use. The fewer the macros you have the better. These are so that you dont have to hunt down your Kill Command, Beastal Wrath, Trinkets or Potion of your choice (I use potion of speed) for your fights and lets you focus more on your rotation.

#showtooltip Serpent Sting
/cast Rapid Fire
/cast [target=pettarget,exists] Bestial Wrath
/cast Kill Command
/use 13
/use 14
/use Potion of Speed
/cast Serpent Sting

#showtooltip Kill Shot
/cast Rapid Fire
/cast Kill Command
/use 13
/use 14
/cast Kill Shot

#showtooltip Arcane Shot
/cast Rapid Fire
/cast Kill Command
/use 13
/use 14
/cast Arcane Shot

#showtooltip Steady Shot
/cast Rapid Fire
/cast Kill Command
/use 13
/use 14
/cast Steady Shot

#showtooltip Multi-Shot
/cast Rapid Fire
/cast Kill Command
/use 13
/use 14
/cast Multi-Shot
Khishay
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: US Trollbane

Re: Best possible Beast Master Spec, Rotation, Macros

Unread post by Khishay »

Question - Is this the best spec overall, or is it raid specific? :oops:

I tend to stick to heroics, and raid on a microscopic scale, but it's still good to be in the loop right? :lol:

My Dragon Cave...

Thanks so much to Ket Shi for the signature!

zidev

Unread post by zidev »

Since its BM I would easily say you will get the best results with this for soloings, 5 Mans, 10 mans as well as 25 mans. BM is extreamly versitile. but it all comes down too is what you enjoy about your hunter and what spec is more FUN for you. But for numbers I think this is the best :)
Khishay
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: US Trollbane

Unread post by Khishay »

I've been using 55/11/5 for a while now, but I'll definately try this one and see what I get :D

For reference: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#ctbMztxRwuMest0eMoZx

My Dragon Cave...

Thanks so much to Ket Shi for the signature!

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I've been Beast Mastery since day 1 and have always enjoyed it for my hunter. In fact, I just can't play the other specs...I've tried them out and the play style just doesn't agree with me.

My talent build may not be very...efficient in some areas, but it's personalized for me and I really enjoy it. For example, I put 2 talent points in Pathfinding. Useless? Perhaps, but I really like having the mounted speed increase and hence I keep it. For the most part I do lean on maximizing dps, and it's pretty good. I know I could have a better dps build, and have even more dps by switching to SV or MM, but I like where I am.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-tale ... ar+Carcass

I only raid occasionally, and then it's usually with my guild who's pretty laid back and fun. I'm not concerned about being top of the charts, I just play to have fun. I do a lot of heroics though, and I think I pull my weight just fine. =)
zidev

Unread post by zidev »

what made you choose your BM spec Pet? What pet do you play with the most? I am guessing the devilsaur due to your sig :)
Vephriel

*nods* Yes, I've been using Skorn since the day Exotic pets were released. :D I knew I had to have a Devilsaur, and he's by far my top favourite pet - the one that I can never get rid of. ^^ Plus they do wicked DPS, so he's the one I bring to all the dungeons.
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

Oo, this is nice! I'm going to try it out today, wish me luck. I'll let you know afterwards.

Edit: Ah, and by the way... I had wondered if I was the only one who liked Pathfinding! ^^
zidev

Unread post by zidev »

keep in mind that this main post is a work in progress. I am still working alot of the bugs out along with a few other hunters. I would love to get aimed shot back in the rotation for help with raid specific pulls etc. but we will see. Taking suggestions!
Vephriel

I'm sure some of you are aware of the site Warcraft Hunters Union, but if not it's a great resource and has in depth information for all talent specs:
http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/

In the guide section there are a few specifically on Beast Mastery.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

My main hunter has been Beast Mastery from day one. It just feels right, ya know? Most of my other hunters run around as SV or MMS though, so I do enjoy those specs.

I'd say Bigredkitty had some nice things about being a BM hunter, but unfortunately he quit awhile back, as he thought the game was sapping too much of his time from his life.

But that's just silly... right?

Vephriel

I <3 BRK and what he brought to the community. =) He's certainly a presence that's sorely missed, but I understand his reasons for leaving. Maybe he'll be back for Cataclysm, that would be pretty awesome. ^^
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Just want to say thank you for posting this :) My hunter is almost 80 now so I started trying to do some research around ElitestJerks on BM spec for what rotations, stats, gear, etc to focus on. But their BM thread is dated to patch 3.1 and I had no idea if it was even relevant by that point.

I'd like to try some instances and get Sil as far as heroics, though I doubt I'll ever raid with her (no time). But it's still certainly nice to know this sort of thing, so thanks so much for posting it :)

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Carnacki
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Dragonblight US

Unread post by Carnacki »

Potion of Wild Magic is actually a better overall dps increase than Potion of Speed, for all specs.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Carnacki wrote:Potion of Wild Magic is actually a better overall dps increase than Potion of Speed, for all specs.
How do you figure? I'd like to see the numbers for this. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Aquillian
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Aquillian »

Nice guide here! I saw what you said about wanting aimed shot back in your rotation. My BM spec has always included aimed shot, and I find it handled (and still handles, as best as I can tell -- just recently switched back for offspec) quite well. You are welcome to take a peek -- I'm Aquillian on Cenarion Circle.

Personally I plan to do some heroics as BM and see how it fares, for my own curiosity. I'll post what I find!

EDIT: Actually let me say this, as I forgot until just now. I moved a point each from imp. mend pet and invigoration into imp. stings, as I figured it would scale well with my 2 piece bonus. No idea how well/if that would work for you or anyone else reading this but I figured I'd explain at least!
Last edited by Aquillian on Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Aquillian wrote:Personally I plan to do some heroics as BM and see how it fares, for my own curiosity. I'll post what I find!
BM performs quite well in 5 mans, if for only that their burst damage is pretty nice when you try to keep all your cooldowns up. At least in my own experience.

Aquillian
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Aquillian »

That makes sense, for the same reason that marks seemed to do so much better than my SV spec did in five mans. I'm even more excited to see now. =)
Notomato
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Notomato »

still waiting on some proof (wws reports, armory link, etc) for these pretty lofty claims. i especially want to see this 10k dps you spoke of.

but just looking at your macros, spec, and gems (agi instead ap for a BM? seriously?) i already feel pretty safe sticking with the "innacurate" eltitistjerks.com instead of some random "my new spec pwns all."

i raid BM because it is the more enjoyable spec for me and i agree that if a raider knows what they're doing in a fight and is geared correctly, it can be somewhat competitive with MM/SV.
but what you are claiming is pretty far-fetched.