Which pet do you think gets the least love?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.

Which gets the least love?

Warpstalkers
6%
Moths
17%
Nether Rays
50%
Bats
21%
Windserpents
6%
Gorillas
1%

Total votes: 72

Rethei
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bloodscalp

Which pet do you think gets the least love?

Unread post by Rethei »

Which pets from this list do you think gets the least amount of love? ( being tamed and used ) Pretty much all of these i hardly see but im curious as to what the general census is.

Personally so far i'd have to say Nether Rays, i have yet to see a hunter with one :[ the poor things!
Props to Karathyriel
Jakkra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow US

Re: Which pet do you think gets the least love?

Unread post by Jakkra »

I'd definitely say nether rays as well, as I have NEVER seen a hunter with one. Evveerrr
Jadvya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US

Unread post by Jadvya »

Sporebats are statistically the least-used pet (one in a thousand, according to that site), with nether rays being the least-used in your poll, but I think warp stalkers need more love! They're awesome looking! I remember seeing one for the first time up close on my baby druid, back when I first started playing, and I decided that if/when my hunter hit 70, that'd be one of the first things she'd tame... And now said hunter is my main, with Gezzarak the Huntress. X3 But seriously, they look like little dragons and they've got a useful family skill, why no love for them?
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

Sporebats and Nether Rays by a long shot. I wish there some lower level ones about. Warpstalkers are great also, does anyone else think Warpstalkers would look great as a mount?
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Jadvya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US

Unread post by Jadvya »

Kayb wrote:Sporebats and Nether Rays by a long shot. I wish there some lower level ones about. Warpstalkers are great also, does anyone else think Warpstalkers would look great as a mount?
There was a black-and-green warp stalker mount in the WotLK beta, but they took it out. Which really sucks. A mount with a Blink/Warp ability would have been neat.
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

Just looked over the link posted above,and I have to say I'm surprised there aren't as many Hyenas in use as I thought there might be,
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Suzi
Realm: Elune US, Nesingwary US

Unread post by Suzi »

I couldn't vote for Warp Stalker as I have one, and my friend has a Nether Ray! I guess I see moths the least... I'd have picked Spore Bat if it was part of the poll though.

[Edit] I forgot, I have a gorilla too.

Tivoni of the Petopians on Nesingwary-US

Rethei
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Rethei »

Hmm i thinking bout it now probably should have had Sporebats included but i have seen a decent amount lately so i opted to have em out >.< I would personally use a warpstalker if we had access to their other skins which look far more appealing ( esp the blades edge red one) i think they'd be used more often.

Its funny how things changes as bats and gorillas use to be far more popular.
Props to Karathyriel
Koona
Realm: Uldaman

Unread post by Koona »

Nether Rays.
They look silly. Even as mounts they look silly. >:|

But I don't see a lot of bats flying around...I think they look so cool! ://

Kaïna <3

Epicfail
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by Epicfail »

Now that wolves take the lead dps for any non-exotic pet, and most people know about it, I rarely see anything BUT wolves running around. I dusted off Numeroc in Dalaran one day and got many tells about how beautiful my pet was. Makes you wonder (although my little Armageddon is pretty sexy)

Truth is, I WANT Blizzard to normalize pets, even if it means nerfing the Ferocious Howl. We need something to bring us all away from World of Wolfcraft.

I put nether ray, but thats only because I love the way sporebats look. I just wish they moved more fluidly. Lets be honest though, if suddenly either sporebat or nether ray were shown on a spreadsheet to do more dps than a wolf, we'd see them everywhere.

I also think some of the unpopular beasts have fewer models for people to choose between. If you want a cat, you have like 15 varieties, but a warpstalker you have 2 choices. Nether ray you have 3.

I don't think wind serpents are that unpopular, but it could also be because it was a prefered PvP pet in TBC. Rilladins were awesome pet tanks when thunderstomp was their special alone (and volley got mega-buffed). I think bats were more popular before when they had an AOE debuff (along with birds). Moths... although I love how they look, I just can't come to like as a pet. I'm not sure exactly what it is. Might just be a "bug" thing or possibly the fact a "butterfly-like" creature doesn't really have that whole "I'M GOING TO BITE YOUR FACE OFF AND KEEL JOO!" effect like say... the devilsaur...

I'd put scorpians up there among the least loved nowadays. Blizz stomped on them so hard that some pet guides literally tell you NOT to bring them to a raid under any circumstances. After Cata comes and wolves get stomped just as hard, I wonder who the next top dps pet will be...
I don't really feel like this is so much the "Post-Modern" era as much as its the "Pre-Zombie-Apocalpse" era. I consider myself more of a forward thinking guy and an era that just won't die is just as feasible as a coming era, where the dead come back.
Rethei
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Rethei »

Epicfail wrote:Now that wolves take the lead dps for any non-exotic pet, and most people know about it, I rarely see anything BUT wolves running around. I dusted off Numeroc in Dalaran one day and got many tells about how beautiful my pet was. Makes you wonder (although my little Armageddon is pretty sexy)

Truth is, I WANT Blizzard to normalize pets, even if it means nerfing the Ferocious Howl. We need something to bring us all away from World of Wolfcraft.

I put nether ray, but thats only because I love the way sporebats look. I just wish they moved more fluidly. Lets be honest though, if suddenly either sporebat or nether ray were shown on a spreadsheet to do more dps than a wolf, we'd see them everywhere.

I also think some of the unpopular beasts have fewer models for people to choose between. If you want a cat, you have like 15 varieties, but a warpstalker you have 2 choices. Nether ray you have 3.

I don't think wind serpents are that unpopular, but it could also be because it was a prefered PvP pet in TBC. Rilladins were awesome pet tanks when thunderstomp was their special alone (and volley got mega-buffed). I think bats were more popular before when they had an AOE debuff (along with birds). Moths... although I love how they look, I just can't come to like as a pet. I'm not sure exactly what it is. Might just be a "bug" thing or possibly the fact a "butterfly-like" creature doesn't really have that whole "I'M GOING TO BITE YOUR FACE OFF AND KEEL JOO!" effect like say... the devilsaur...

I'd put scorpians up there among the least loved nowadays. Blizz stomped on them so hard that some pet guides literally tell you NOT to bring them to a raid under any circumstances. After Cata comes and wolves get stomped just as hard, I wonder who the next top dps pet will be...
Moths will be the new wolves and the only color/skin will be rainbow! See how many hunters get QQ bout that :p

>.>
Props to Karathyriel
Daranara
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Daranara »

Sporebats and nether rays by far, I think are the least loved. I used to have a sporebat, and I loved her, but then Loque found, me, well...

Daranara - Night Elflet Huntar - Lightbringer US
Gearfeathers on FR

Epicfail
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by Epicfail »

silverstenopad wrote:Sporebats and nether rays by far, I think are the least loved. I used to have a sporebat, and I loved her, but then Loque found, me, well...
Say n'more, gov'ner. Say n'more.
I don't really feel like this is so much the "Post-Modern" era as much as its the "Pre-Zombie-Apocalpse" era. I consider myself more of a forward thinking guy and an era that just won't die is just as feasible as a coming era, where the dead come back.
Daranara
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Daranara »

I kind of miss my little batling. She got so many more "wow!" comments from people than any of my other pets. If only there were more stable slots...

Daranara - Night Elflet Huntar - Lightbringer US
Gearfeathers on FR

Gozu
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Gozu »

I've only seen ONE person on my server with a pet bat. They are cute and great pets.. great for WSG pvp because the giant wings completely block ppl from seeing anything while you take them them down haha. Unfortunately I think the flap flap drives hunters too crazy to keep.
Dragonpuff
Haiku Master
Realm: Duskwood (US)
Location: On an undisclosed island that is being shredded by giant boss fights

Unread post by Dragonpuff »

I have actually seen a couple Netherays/sporebats around my server, but I've never seen a high level bat...

Taz'dingu of the Petopians Guild, Nesingwary Server

Here there be Dragons (and Eggs)

Talica
Realm: The Venture Co

Unread post by Talica »

I'd have to say Moths. I've never seen a Hunter with one.

And face it.. who wants MOTHS flying around their head!?
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I would also say the Nether Ray and in my opinion , deservedly. I refuse to even get one as a mount. How do they fly? Do they have gas bags inside their bodies or something? All of the flying pets are little used because they get in your way in close quarters and obstruct your view.
Mustafah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU

Unread post by Mustafah »

I voted Nether Rays. i never saw a hunter with Nether Ray pet(except of me, i like Nether Rays), and i think Nether Rays should be tamed. I liked the blue ones from Zangarmarsh. they looked good on my BELF Hunter :( that's true Spore Bats are rare, but not rare as Nether Rays. Spore Bats are Ugly.
Last edited by Mustafah on Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lots of thanks for TygerDarkstorm for the awesome sig!! =D

Mustafah wrote:Playable Pandaren with racial camel mount!!!
Dakonic
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Baeglum

Unread post by Dakonic »

I agree nether rays and sporebats =[, i have seen more nether rays than sporebats on my server though you should add them to the voteing list. Im thinking about getting a sporebat and trying her out but i dont know,i had a nether ray before he was my 60-70 buddy =]
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Dakonic
Formally known as "celestial88"
Image Image Image Image