A full stable needing some space...

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Khishay
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: US Trollbane

A full stable needing some space...

Unread post by Khishay »

Beast mastery is fun, but I'm feeling somewhat suffocated by my stable atm.
I have two tenacity pets, and three ferocity, so it's near impossible for me to play another other than bm (at least that's with my thinking)

The current list is: King Krush, Arcturis, Gezzarak the Huntress, Skoll, and the Hydralisk!

King Krush and Gezzarak I refuse to abandon, I love how Arcturis looks, Hydralisk is a hydra, and Skoll holds sentimental value.
That said, I rarely use Gezzarak, Skoll, and the Hydralisk... It's hard to find place in heroics for the tenacity pets. I'm hoping at least Warpstalkers can be chosen to be ferocity someday :cry:

So who should I abandon, or return to the wild? Should I just keep them all?

My Dragon Cave...

Thanks so much to Ket Shi for the signature!

Storytime
Realm: Aggramar

Re: A full stable needing some space...

Unread post by Storytime »

I'd say drop one of the two spirit beasts... Personally, I'd drop Skoll, which from the sounds of it, you wouldnt- but I just prefer the bear look :3
Gacheru
Realm: Maelstrom

Unread post by Gacheru »

Yeah, I'd drop a spirit beast. I'm in the same boat (although not BM, because honestly.... I already want to tame EVERYTHING so one of the perks of Survival is I simply can't tame exotics). I have my slime and my hydralisk which I won't part with, I have the Sapphire Hive Queen, which is also unobtainable, Aotona, and I had the Hyena that leveled up with from the barrens on.

I recently had to let my Hyena go because I wanted to start Raiding again and felt I should tame a wolf because they're the Raid pet of choice. I tamed Old Cliff Jumper because at least he has a unique skin, but it was hard to let him go. The next one I'll have to let go is Aotona, which makes me sad, because there's nothing more fun then eating a deviate delight and running around in Booty Bay as a pirate with a giant Parrot following you.

I'm kind of afraid that with Cataclysm, there are going to be a bunch of skins made unobtainable and I just simply don't have any more room. I'm considering transferring over my level 70 hunter from another server, and leveling him to 80 so I can start taming anything that's going on the extinct and endangered list in Cataclysm.

Gacheru
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Ditto here....full stable, and I can't bear to part with any of them. Some of mine aren't even used often, but the sentimentality I have towards all my pets makes it really hard to choose.

As for your dilemma, I'd agree that you should drop one of the Spirit Beasts. As hard as it is, pick your favourite and then just keep one Spirit Beast at a time, it will make the pet more special in my opinion than if you just have many/all of them.

I have no idea what I'm going to do once Cataclysm hits...I'm sure we'll be getting a plethora of new creatures and skins to tame, and it'll be really hard debating who to keep.
Khishay
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Khishay »

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one faced with this. The "need more stable slots" seems to be a constant complaint by hunters, so Blizzard should give us unlimited slots! :twisted:

I'll consider dropping Skoll some more, but atm I've been thinking of giving up the Hydra... again...
I love Skoll's lightning. What can I say? ;)

I just find the hydra too annoying on occasion, and I feel like someday they'll really become tameable. They seem so fitting to be an exotic pet!

I'm still thinking on it, maybe it's one of those decisions best slept on. *shrug*

My Dragon Cave...

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Yeah....I mean, I'm grateful we got the 2 extra slots with WotLK, but it still doesn't seem like enough. >_> I think I'd be happy with...8 pet slots. Well, 7 stable slots and then the 1 floater pet. That would be a good, solid number. xD

*wishes*

Sleep on it a bit for sure. :) It always takes me a long time when I have to make pet decisions like that. And I totally agree that Hydras seem like the perfect addition to the exotic pet family, so perhaps we will get them in the future.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Agreed on the spirit beasts. Remember that just because you love a pet's look, it doesn't mean you're truly attached to him/her. You can always appreciate a look from afar.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Khishay
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Khishay »

^ I think that's what happened with me and the hydra.

The only reason I got the hydra was because it was... a ghost hydra. I know having two spirit beasts seems odd, but I love 'em both. The hydra was just for show, and even now I rarely use it.

Yes, I know it's untameable and something to gloat about, but eh. I wasn't especially fond of him before, and he still annoys me now. :lol:

My Dragon Cave...

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Yeah, spirit beasts would have to be my thoughts too.

King Krush, haven't tamed him yet because of people constantly killing him when I try (but that's a rant for another day). Gezzarak, pure win, 'nuff said. Hydralisk, my favorite pun and accidental reference Blizz has in.

Spirit Beasts, meh. Not hard to get so long as you don't mind prowling around for a few weeks. I'd get rid of Skoll personally, just because Arc is probably harder to camp just based on public popularity and location.