Suggestions for our Lurker.. ;)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: Suggestions for our Lurker.. ;)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Kelarese wrote:About the exotic thing. I understand the reason for it. But I've been wondering why we have to wait so long to be able to tame some of the exotics that are at low level. Why not make it so taming them is an inherent ability if you choose Beast Mastery?
It would be interesting if BM hunters could tame exotics from the beginning, but weren't able to unlock their exotic abilities until the level 69 talent.
Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

i would much enjoy to be able to tame exotics just of the bat once BM tree is chosen.
Like GormanGhaste said their special skill could be closed untill 69.

But i do somewhat understand why this isent the case on live.
As i look at it beeing able to tame exotic isent something one is born with. rather you evolve that skill as you gain experience with beasts on your journey as a BM hunter. or maybe thats just a more of a rp feel element.

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I know it isnt hunter related but.
I'd like to suggest for the RDF feature, to be able to choose 1-2 dungeons to be excluded from your que. There are some dungeons I really like, most of them...but there are some others that I really really hate pugging *coughfoereaverdeadminescough*

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Oswen
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Pozzo dell'Eternità (EU)

Unread post by Oswen »

Channeled Roots (Dogs, Crabs) are totally useless and outclassed at the moment, worst of all Kill Command breaks the channeling making them even more useless for a Beast Mastery Hunter.

- Dogs could get a "Ravage-like" ability, increasing phisical damage taken and making them a ferocity alternative to ravagers (Cunning), this would make them way more popular (and useful) and would help give us more choice in order to bring that debuff (Ravagers are the only pets with that ability, shared only with worms which are exotics AND Tenacity).
That would also help giving more choice to non-BM hunters who may not like ravagers.

- Crabs should get Clench instead of Scorpids, if any pet should steal away weapons and grab them tight with their pincers it has to be crabs, in real life too they are known to grab anything (and not letting anyone take them easily off them), while scorpions basically use their pincers mostly to keep preys in place to sting them with their poisonous tail.
Scorpids should get back a poison-like ability that could be anything to choose from:
"Mind Numbing Poison" slowing casting speed which is only shared by Spore bats and exotic Core hounds.
"Paralyzing poison", basically a Stun which Teanacity pets lack (not counting exotic shale spiders).
"Corrosive Poison" sunder armor like ability, making them a tenacity alternative to Raptors (Ferocity) and Serpents (Cunning) which shares this ability.
"Crippling poison" slowing movement speed which could be bad since there are already two tenacity pets with the same ability (Crocolisks and Warp Stalkers).
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

More of a skin suggestion.

A white crocolisk with black spikes/blue eyes. With this...body type. http://www.wowhead.com/npc=2476#. (But white skin, black spikes/armor bumps/fins/blue eyes)
ImageImage
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Vephriel wrote:A blue tarantula would be awesome.

Image Image
This. Blue spider. This please. :D

Vephriel created the recolor and posted this in another thread. Looks amazing!!! Would love to have this.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

I'll say this again... Pterrodax hunter pet (and mount) please!

Also adding a new want, Diemetradons! Pleeeeaaase xD

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Atalanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Daggerspine/Frostwhisper EU

Unread post by Atalanta »

Am I the only one who wants to tame one of those adorable Dragonkin near Sylvanaar, Blades Edge Mountains? Please please please. ._. I know they're Dragonkin, but but but... D:

Druid // Hunter

"There is only one God and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: Not today."

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Unread post by meepitco »

Actually, the silver dragonhawks where H-MGT and Sunwell are would be a nice addition to dragonhawks. I've always wanted one since being afk and having the corpses fall beside me.

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

Atalanta wrote:Am I the only one who wants to tame one of those adorable Dragonkin near Sylvanaar, Blades Edge Mountains? Please please please. ._. I know they're Dragonkin, but but but... D:

I so agree, I have been wanting them since first seeing them too many years ago.

I also would love love love to be able to tame one of the firey hounds (and a guildie wants one of the hawks) I know they are not beasts but they are so prettyful and just seem to need some love and I pormise to give him a great home :) please....
Mychelle
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Mychelle »

Atalanta wrote:Am I the only one who wants to tame one of those adorable Dragonkin near Sylvanaar, Blades Edge Mountains? Please please please. ._. I know they're Dragonkin, but but but... D:

You are definately not the only one, I have wanted to tame one of these ever since I saw them for the first time, flying around in Feralis. (Even though those are MUCH more tiny, heh.) I always thought they'd be an adorable hunter pet. They could share abilities with the Moth family I think.

Being dragonkin I can sort of understand why they dont want them tamed, but at the same time...I really wish they'd make an acception for these beautiful guys.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Mychelle wrote:
You are definately not the only one, I have wanted to tame one of these ever since I saw them for the first time, flying around in Feralis. (Even though those are MUCH more tiny, heh.) I always thought they'd be an adorable hunter pet. They could share abilities with the Moth family I think.
Being dragonkin I can sort of understand why they dont want them tamed, but at the same time...I really wish they'd make an acception for these beautiful guys.
Since they're also sentient enough to talk to you (such as the ones in the quest in Hyjal) I don't think this is ever very likely, as gorgeous as these creatures are.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Zwiggy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: manny

Unread post by Zwiggy »

Brown Saber Cat skin is unused and i would like to see it given to brokentooth to make him unique once again and also for nostalga
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

Mychelle wrote:

It's not the same, but you can get one as a companion pet, if it'll make you feel any better. :) There used to be a quest chain for it, but now I think it's just farming in Feralas.

I think the companion pet route would be neat for any pets we can't tame - and by that I mean maybe adding the fire hounds and a baby firehawk to the companion pet roster. I dunno how hard it would be to shrink them down and add some noises/possibly a little quirk to them, but I know it'd make me feel better since I'm unlikely to ever see a firehawk(mount or tameable) anywhere near my character. :P

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I remember questing in Ashenvale and seeing a Faerie dragon. First thing I did was try to tame it...Saddly such a beautiful creature is currently beyond our abilities. I'd love to tame one.

I also really like the idea about being able to tame exotics an an inherant ability of Beast Master and having the exotic abilities unlock at 69...But either way, the 69 point talent for BM is not as "Hazzah" as MM or surv.
MM & Surv, both have 69point ability that becomes a focal point of their rotation, where as ours is an optional "flavour" ability. I would love to see something better for BM.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Neftis
Realm: Arygos - EU

Unread post by Neftis »

Make Agi Mail Armor leather and Str Mail Armor Plate! Why? Because wearing Mail Armor makes no sense for Hunters or Shamans so it should be removed. Just look at Thrall, who had to replace the armor he inherited from Doomhammer for leather Armor, and then there is also the fact that Shaman t13 is said to be made of leather. If you need reasons why Hunters should wear leather just ask yourself: what material is the most accessible for someone whose profession is hunting? Leather!

Besides if Mail Armor is removed Blizzard would need to make less non tier Armor because instead of 4 categories there would only be 3.
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

VOID STABLE. For hunters who wish to have more than 25 stable slots, let them pay gold to convert some of their void vault slots into void stable slots, say 5 at a time to keep things clean, with an increasing cost for each additional set of slots to be converted.

Upside: 1) allows hunters who prefer to run around collecting rares to go above 25 without consuming any additional memory beyond what has already been allocated for player use (or will be in 4.3), and 2) this meets the basic spirit and purpose of void vault storage e.g. a place to put things you've collected but don't plan to use (at least not frequently), so it doesn't fall into the trap of giving hunters "special treatment" e.g. we still have the same total # of void slots, it's up to us if we want to sacrifice some of those for our pets.

Downside: being void storage, 1) things like pet name, "special tame" effects and etc would be lost same way enchants and stuff are with items going into a void vault - but ofc they can be renamed when player withdraws them and the player can reshuffle special tames into his normal stable, and 2) withdrawals cost the same nominal fee as any other void storage transaction.

(This is based on an idea proposed by Mychelle)
Last edited by Worba on Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Worba

Unread post by Worba »

zedxrgal wrote:
Vephriel wrote:A blue tarantula would be awesome.
This. Blue spider. This please. :D

Vephriel created the recolor and posted this in another thread. Looks amazing!!! Would love to have this.
With frost energy effect - yes.

And give the lava tarantula a fire effect. Why should MF lava spiders have it but not a tarantula made of the same stuff?
Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Worba wrote:VOID STABLE. For hunters who wish to have more than 25 stable slots, let them pay gold to convert some of their void vault slots into void stable slots, say 5 at a time to keep things clean, with an increasing cost for each additional set of slots to be converted.

Upside: 1) allows hunters who prefer to run around collecting rares to go above 25 without consuming any additional memory beyond what has already been allocated for player use (or will be in 4.3), and 2) this meets the basic spirit and purpose of void vault storage e.g. a place to put things you've collected but don't plan to use (at least not frequently), so it doesn't fall into the trap of giving hunters "special treatment" e.g. we still have the same total # of void slots, it's up to us if we want to sacrifice some of those for our pets.

Downside: being void storage, 1) things like pet name, "special tame" effects and etc would be lost same way enchants and stuff are with items going into a void vault - but ofc they can be renamed when player withdraws them and the player can reshuffle special tames into his normal stable, and 2) withdrawals cost the same nominal fee as any other void storage transaction.

(This is based on an idea proposed by Mychelle)
As long as it isn't actually Void stables. That would be cruel to send pets into the void/twisting nether. <_<

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Worba

Unread post by Worba »

Meh, fine - call it nether cryo stasis stables if you like. ;)