Suggestions for our Lurker.. ;)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Theaden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Trollbane US, Lightbringer US

Re: Suggestions for our Lurker.. ;)

Unread post by Theaden »

If you want to make suggestions use Wain's post http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4290 it has a list of skins not being used. Those skins are already in the game files. Less work means good chance it will be implemented. My main interest is the unused Saber skins.

Broken Tooth:
RidingTigerSkinBrownNoSaddle
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/download/file.php?id=3945

Agara:
RidingTigerSkinGoldNoSaddle
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/download/file.php?id=3947

Frostsaber Huntress:
RidingTigerSkinNoStripeWhiteNoSaddle
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/download/file.php?id=3949

Frostsaber Stalker and Frostsaber:
RidingTigerSkinIceNoSaddle
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/download/file.php?id=3948
spirithunter
Realm: Dunemaul

Unread post by spirithunter »

This one seems to be unused http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/owlspirit.html

New spirit beast owl? I hope so.
Mogge - Female Dwarf - Darkspear
Rabidshot - Male Blood Elf - Dunemaul
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

spirithunter wrote:This one seems to be unused http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/owlspirit.html

New spirit beast owl? I hope so.
Actually, it's being used by the spectral owl in Hellfire Peninsula, I believe. It's a 'special effect' that circles the tower in the Alliance city. There might be one in the Horde city as well, but I don't know for sure. It'd still make for an awesome spirit beast, though, yes. :D And one I'd be happy to camp.

EDITED: Slight correction on my explanation.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Agravaine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Agravaine »

Not terribly important, but it would be nice to have the summoning effects back on Arikara and Gezzarak...

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

First i LOOOOOOOVE all the new pet models, specially the cats :D
Wishlist;
Cats ( Im soo pleased already but would love another riding model :D :

Im not fond of the wolves we have now.... so a new wolf model may be a good idea, not a huge wish though :D

More Devilsaur skins, Blue, Red, Yellow, Purple, ... and dont make the skins a rare spawn like Krush >< 7 months and still no luck with the green dino....

More Gorilla skins, maybe also a new gorilla model :)

Dragonhawk :

Tallstriders : Maybe a new model, and some more collors :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Kittykat
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Kittykat »

Agravaine wrote:Not terribly important, but it would be nice to have the summoning effects back on Arikara and Gezzarak...
Ohhh yes, I would love this!

My belf hunter tamed Arikara for that summoning animation (and because I like wind serpents)!
It was really fun to summon my pet and have Abracadabra appear in a dramatic puff of smoke with a flourish of his wings.
Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream (EU) | Terokkar (EU) | Bloodhoof (EU)

Unread post by Ariamodasu »

Personally? Hydras at some point, catch up with the animations for pets still missing them or are wonky (Like Tarantulas) and my current favourite subject:

Lavender owl skin for Olm!

At the precise moment just having that owl skin or the spectral would would be glorious and might distract me from striders for a bit :)
My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

Rest in Peace Yasindra/Ryai
SgtMakkie
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether EU, Bloodhoof EU

Unread post by SgtMakkie »

I couldn't help but feel the best suggestion for our lurker would be - Take a well earned break! :lol:

SgtMakkie

Sig by Kamoodle

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Well, color me oblivious...so, we have a lurker? *offers cookies* Hi there! :)
Can I have a hydra please?
And all the new riding tiger skins made my day! Thanks!
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

Slickrock wrote:Thought I would make a suggestion thread for our Lurker to read. Please keep your suggestions/hopes/dreams short and to the point, and don't argue about other's ideas. This is just to get our wishes out there... so..

---------------

1) Add another of the dragonhawk skins, black or grey please!
2) Gorilla family needs some love. Yetis?
3) Grey windserpent anyone?
Call me slow.. but..What lurker ??
SgtMakkie
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether EU, Bloodhoof EU

Unread post by SgtMakkie »

ok... Hello Slow.. Nice to meet you.

SgtMakkie

Sig by Kamoodle

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Wain's post from the Rak'shiri thread for those who missed it:
Wain wrote:Posting this from California where I'm on holidays till the weekend.

I can tell you the rare cats won't be changed before Cata goes live as I was given info that all the last changes before release were already checked in. Probably the last patch is the last beast changes we see before release. They could change them or add new ID versions later but then anyone who tamed them since would see changes instead. Perhaps they'll go that way though. I can't say.

How do I know what I know? Well despite some fun speculation, I'm not a developer. However I did meet one on the weekend. Really awesome guy who made most of the >100 new skin additions with this expansion as well as all the rares. Yes, he reads Petopia but chooses to remain anonymous with good reason. Mania knows who he is too. He hasnt wanted me to mention that before but said he's ok with me saying that much now I'll post pics when I get home and provide more details as posting from my phone is annoying.

The only thing I'll add is please don't contact Mania or I directly to pass on your ideas or complaints. He reads the site as do we. Plus I suspect Mania already has too much on her plate to become a go-between.

The second thing I'll add is I found all those rares with my own hard hours searching and a lot if luck. He didn't point me to them. And was put out I found them so quickly ;)
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Vephriel wrote:Wain's post from the Rak'shiri thread for those who missed it:
Wain wrote:Posting this from California where I'm on holidays till the weekend.

I can tell you the rare cats won't be changed before Cata goes live as I was given info that all the last changes before release were already checked in. Probably the last patch is the last beast changes we see before release. They could change them or add new ID versions later but then anyone who tamed them since would see changes instead. Perhaps they'll go that way though. I can't say.

How do I know what I know? Well despite some fun speculation, I'm not a developer. However I did meet one on the weekend. Really awesome guy who made most of the >100 new skin additions with this expansion as well as all the rares. Yes, he reads Petopia but chooses to remain anonymous with good reason. Mania knows who he is too. He hasnt wanted me to mention that before but said he's ok with me saying that much now I'll post pics when I get home and provide more details as posting from my phone is annoying.

The only thing I'll add is please don't contact Mania or I directly to pass on your ideas or complaints. He reads the site as do we. Plus I suspect Mania already has too much on her plate to become a go-between.

The second thing I'll add is I found all those rares with my own hard hours searching and a lot if luck. He didn't point me to them. And was put out I found them so quickly ;)
My money is on this guy. 8-) :D

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I have a few.

1. Hydras, pretty please? I'd love to tame Gah'zrilla! <3
2. Spirit beast RAPTOR! Like the one spiritbinder drew....it was absolutely gorgeous!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Where is our moose ?
Sorcha Ravenlock
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Darkmoon Faire

Unread post by Sorcha Ravenlock »

No wishes from me, with all the new pet skins I won't have room for all those awesome pets in my stables :D

I just wanted to post a big thank you for all the love and attention hunter pets are getting in Cata, it's obvious a lot of hard work went in it and it's very much apreciated :hug:

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Hydras...PLEASE?
PLeeeeeeze Hydras?
GreenSea
Realm: Lightninghoof

Unread post by GreenSea »

1) HYDRAS and MAMMOTHS
2) More tamable dinosaurs (Thunder lizards, pterodaxes, dimetrodons, etc)
3) a tamable Dinosaur Spirit beast (I know, I love dinosaurs :) )
4) Fruit bats. i feel like they would be awesome
5) More variety within the untouched families. I really like the idea of adding new breeds of sporebats and nether rays, adding yetis to gorillas.
6) More Rhinos. there are only 3 different kinds.

That's it. :)
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Hello Mr Lurker!

Here is my wishlist:

1) Worm / Chimera AOE. Revert worm / chimera aoe to debuff only - uber mode worm is fun for now but i dont want to roll the clock back to the days of the Gorilladin. Blizzard had a good idea with removing pet direct dmg abilities and needs to stick with it.

2) BM AOE boost. Replace BM 31 pt talent with Kill Them All, on same cooldown as Kill Command and with same focus cost, does 50% dmg to all enemies in melee range - usable with any pet. This is like how warriors can choose between heroic strike and cleave according to whether they're fighting mobs or a boss, and imo is the better way to fix bm aoe output

3) Make tame exotics a BM core passive. If as Blizzard stated, exotics are not intended to be notably superior to regulars, then this must be primarily an aesthetic matter, and as such makes sense to be available to all of the new worgen / undead / goblin / human hunters that will be exploring the new content in Azeroth (from level 10) - if they have to wait till 69 for exotics then their enjoyment of the new content Blizzard worked so hard to include, is going to be somewhat muted (no one seriously thinks intimidation by itself is as cool as explosive shot, or even aimed shot, let's face it). :)

EDIT: And a HUGE TYVM for making red (non-changing) beetles tamable... from lvl 55! :D
Last edited by Worba on Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

We DO have a lurker?! I had a suspicion :lol:

Hence my THANK YOU post on the Cata EU forum ^^

I'm extremely happy with all the changes so far, tbh. I think a lot of work went into these, and actually, I'ma repost yo. Better just copying what I'd said earlier :P

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.htm ... 76446064#0
Just wanted to say how awesome it is to see how much time/effort the devs are putting into listening to the hunters (specifically the subgroup that loves pets) about hunter pets.

Several unavailable models and skins that have always been in the data files but never (or made un) available are, in Cataclysm, tameable pets.

It's very cool to hear that pets that were removed or never implemented, but that many hunters drooled over in ModelViewer, will be finally available! The best thing about it is, the pets involved were often complained about or requested by hunters--so Cataclysm for WoW pet-lovers is going to be like Christmas.

For those who don't know, the "new" pets include:

* Black, red, blue and green Warp Stalkers (including Gezzerak!)
* Black, green and white Jormungar worms
* The Grimtotem style wolf, revived as a Spirit Beast (I think that'll make everyone happy)
* Nightsabers in black striped, spotted white, striped white, black panther and orange tiger skins
* "Brain" Silithids (like the AQ bosses)
* A variety of previously untameable wasps
* Chromaggus

Two things to add--I'm aware that people may read this and think "their time should be spent elsewhere," but really, I think it points that they're looking into all aspects of the game. Not to trivialize the time spent, but I'm sure the time-spent to perceived reward ratio is great ;D A lot of us are going to be very happy for what is basically a few thoughtful tweaks. Many of these are changes that the pet-loving hunter community has hoped for for a long time.

I just find it very cool that one day, there's a thread about wishing a certain pet was tameable, and someone finds it two days later wandering around the Beta :)

Thanks guys o/

Anyway, thanks again to the devs, wherever & whomever they/he/she are/is. Seeing Gezzerak come back, the Grimtotem wolfie in a new, acceptable fashion (and without too much dampening on current Wolf-version owners, brilliant solution), the untameable "brain bugs" (not my thing but still :lol:) suddenly become tameable... Wait...

Was that "Harakriss the Untameable" joke you, dear Lurker?! :lol: